• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here is the decision:

Basically,You have to either:
Be a great power
Any neighbor whose primary culture is arabic be in your sphere
Have a relation greater than 100 with Nejd
OR:
Be Najd
Own Hedjah

I haven't been playing much lately (beyond a MP game), but I was reading an old vicky aar and I decided that I wanted to try an Ireland game...5 hours later, I have this. It's near the end of 1886, and I'm just tailing France for the second GP slot. I'm #1 in prestige, 5(?) in Industry (only have 4 states, one of which literally just earned statehood), and about 8th in military (though I think that's skewed because there are a bunch of wars going on right now; During war I was easily 2nd or 3rd) . It's turns out that Ireland is actually in a really good position to be a world power much like the country who releases it. Day one I started generating a Place in the sun cb for Danish Ghana, and picked it up when Austria (not Prussia, as happened with my first attempt, which is good, because Prussia likes to take Danish Ghana, Austria doesn't) went to war with them. Shortly after I jumped on the Netherlands while they were being beaten by UK/Belgium over reunification with Belgium for Java. Because it was a separate war, Prussia jumped in my war, but I still managed to get Java and then hold them off till white peace. After that I realized I needed a way around Africa, so I took (half of) Madagascar because France was surprisingly slow about getting them. After that was picking on Sokoto/Ethiopia/Egypt for states to colonize Africa from. Originally, I just wanted to do something along the lines of Portugal's Pink Stripe (though not in the same place...), but the AI was slow about Africa, and I could have gotten even more than I did had I not strived for clean borders. Other than that, I have the colonizable parts of the Hawaiian Islands and Micronesia, Tahiti, and the Suez.

edit: Oh yeah, Spain's already a Proletarian Dictatorship :D

Ireland

V2_MAP_IRE_1886911_2.jpg

The World

V2_MAP_IRE_1886911_3.jpg

Any other Arab nation has to have 100 relations with itself.
No they need to have 100 relations with Nejd,it happened because i played as Najd
And nice empire fenwayb!
Btw an idea popped :Has anyone ever played the Papal states?Because i am thinking of playing as theme

No they need to have 100 relations with Nejd,it happened because i played as Najd
And nice empire fenwayb!
Btw an idea popped :Has anyone ever played the Papal states?Because i am thinking of playing as theme

Yeah, Nejd has to have 100 relations with Nejd.

Hedjaz has to have 100 relations with Hedjaz.

Yeah, Nejd has to have 100 relations with Nejd.

Hedjaz has to have 100 relations with Hedjaz.
I don't think so,i think it is to have 100 relations with Nejd,but ill check

I already tried. :/
Are you sure?It looks stupid imo to have a requirement like that(unless nations get depressed and hate their selves :p)

Are you sure?It looks stupid imo to have a requirement like that(unless nations get depressed and hate their selves :p)

Maybe we should start another thread, since we kinda just flooded this thread...

And nice empire fenwayb!

The Papal States are my favourite way of forming Italy. Especially because I like thinking of that game having the ruler being THE POPE! It's pretty fun, especially from a RP point of view. You just have to remember as the Papal States you have enemies on either side of you.

On a side note, I ALWAYS try to take Corsica from France when I form Italy, because Corsica is naturally an Italian state. ;)

Vicky 2 AHD + the 2.31 Fixpack

Did an alternate universe game as Venice but ended up getting annexed, so I played as Luxemberg to see how the game played out. Very interesting results. Ottoman Empire, Spain, & NGF were the major colonizers of Africa, even more suprising France didn't do any colonizing (didn't get the techs in time). First time I've seen all of this, ever.

V2_MAP_LUX_193611_2.jpg

Vicky 2 AHD + the 2.31 Fixpack

Did an alternate universe game as Venice but ended up getting annexed, so I played as Luxemberg to see how the game played out. Very interesting results. Ottoman Empire, Spain, & NGF were the major colonizers of Africa, even more suprising France didn't do any colonizing (didn't get the techs in time). First time I've seen all of this, ever.

V2_MAP_LUX_193611_2.jpg
Screenshot?

My Sikh Empire -> India game in the most recent APD.

FBC8DCB7E0C78626A2B71AEDFCE39DF90C780AEB

india_game.jpg

Pretty standard game- annex Afghanistan and Sindh early on, Kalat when the opportunity arises, annexed Delhi as soon as I was strong enough - when the brits were distracted, follow up Delhi with Bombay and Patna. At this point your unstoppable death-army steam rolls British India every five years until fate finally hands you a crown from the gutter (1901 in this game). Ended up hyper-industrialized, literacy over 95%, etc. We (There was a great, powerful Sino-Indian power bloc of democratized, modern China and India before they collapsed into Warlord states, plus France and Japan...sadly for France they got knocked out of the war by the later entering North Germans - before I could mount my massive naval invasion of the British Isles) went to war with the British for the last time in 1915 and dismantled them in a Great War - ended up with a hand full of African colonies...and my favorite thing in any game of Vicky I've ever played. And I've played a lot.

Behold the Indian West Indies.
0317CE5C8E541BA7128D57E78445FBCA30741298

Oh and there was this. How Sweden held on to this - how no one took the three months it would've taken to annex this I haven't the slightest.
11AEF79BE0F533B60267E6F8BA329A0E8C0528AB

mmm... I'd go for the British Empire, but I'm not sure, anyway you MUST fix those horryfing Americans borders. Another thing, did Spain diplo-annex Portugal?, if yes, what mod is it?