• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Welcome!

You should release them from their masters (e.g. Russia for Latvia and Mexico for California, unless you're starting in 1861 in which case California is released by the USA, but only after the ACW is over: you can release countries only if you are in peace).

Could either mod your game or play as the country that owns them and release them as a puppet.

To get California Republic you play USA then go into politics screen and release them from there. Latvia the same way but only as Russia.

Awesome, thanks guys!

In one state the Tea Party crack pots tried to pass a law making it illegal not to own a gun.

Now that you have drug politics into this unnecessarily and being a member of the said 'tea party', I would like for you to actually post a link proving this instead of being rude. Last I checked, the Tea Party are not the ones rioting in cities like Oakland and Detroit.

WTF happened to the British to reduce them to a total score of 800?

Here are some of their details: http://i.imgur.com/IxUkN.jpg

I wasn't paying that much attention to them, really, but in a rather short period they got ganged up on by the rest of the AIs in a series of containment wars, but I'm not exactly sure how they ended (but their score is evident of some of the results). And then the Communists appeared and occupied their entire Empire. Everything, both Canada and Australia were 100% occupied as well as India. Ireland then temporarily broke off but they regained control of them.

They never really recovered from that. If not for Russia also collapsing they would've crashed down into 9th place, which they had been keeping warm for the Russians for 10 months or so ...

I'm pretty sure they had gotten a lot of debts after the containment war - in combination with a proletarian dicatorship its fatal for the Industry score. I had the same in some Germany game, Russia had !0! Industry in 1900, changed to them and saw ~100.000.000 debts.

My frist time playing this game as the grand campaign on AHD and this is how it turned out.

In 1901 i let the Communist Revels Conquere Sweden. I got to say the Swedish Communist flag is so damn awesome im thinking about playing another nation soon and go communists! (Also had a facist uprising but killed them all! You dont let down your comrades! lol :D

Anyway, game countinued, Turned Afghanistan in to communists a short time after that i attacked the Ottoman Empire with the same mission turning them in to communists, the war took its time 7 years but after that we had another huge communist ally called Communist Turkey! Started conquereing some Persian land, wanted to get it all but didnt get enough time to complete this mission. Instead i Turned Khiva and Hedjaz in to communists. (Sadly big bro Russia never became the big red bear it was supposed to so i was all alone on my mission to make the world a communistic paradise)

Conquered Yemen and Abu Dhabi(Dubai), northern Najd and Tunisia. Eastern Persia and some of south east, some parts of west india. Thats how this game went. In the end everyone started attacking me UK, France, Prussia, USA, Austria, but i was succsesfull enough to get white peace with these nations thanks to the help from my allies.

and no point in posting a pic of sweden seeing how i didnt lose anything up there

061802474f3007b72a879.jpg

061803054f3007c9267b1.jpg

061801414f3007757e0f0.jpg

Behold the Transvaalian Empire! I turned almost all of my african states into non-colonies and got a 88% literacy, not bad for Africa! Also all political and social reforms.
I own Oman and something in North Tailand that THE ZULUS possessed and prevented me to annex them (I only declared war late game, stealing British, Portuguese and French territories in Angola, Namibia, South Africa and Mozambique). Early game I got a little confused with DOW/wargoal system and did not fulfill my wars with Zulus with maximum profit.
Also, I was shocked to see in the endgame status Johore as GP. Weidest GP until now for me. Also, Baden Congo.

Attachments

• 85452893543314449802.png
    85452893543314449802.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 184
  • 11540541828741388372.png
    11540541828741388372.png
    479,9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
This is my humble Hawaii, and it's also the first game I've ever completed fully. (sad isn't it?)
2012-02-06_00002.jpg

My tech, I was very close to getting all of them researched. Just wondering, how often does that happen?
2012-02-06_00003.jpg

Aaaand my pops. I multiplied my starting population by 32, and my polynesian by 16. My literacy was pretty good also, immigrants and adding new states brought it down, but the Hawaii island chain had a literacy of 98%
2012-02-06_00004.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a world map, they didn't show up in my screenshot folder, I took these using steam. I colonized the Pacific and did not share a land border with anyone. I created a modern navy of mostly dreadnoughts and an army of guard, artillery, tanks, and airplanes. Which is pretty cool since I couldn't afford a single brigade until around 1900. Luckily I never needed the army or navy because I wasn't involved in a single war. Pax Hawaiia? I was a number 6 world power for a large portion of the game (rushing prestige techs, cheap I know) and I was one of the leading producer of car, planes, telephones, electric gear, radio, etc. I believe I was the ONLY nation to produce tanks at all :D

P.S. The scores are 975 prestige, 172 industry, and 633. Sorry I know they are hard to see.

Not the best empire in the world, but the most comedic SOI in the world. Check it out.

v2_98.jpg

Garibaldi's damn Redshirts overthrew Parma, and they offered the throne of Italy to S-P, who was a nobody. Meanwhile, Two Sicilies was a GP who owned half of Africa. :wacko:

Putting Italy into my SOI was maximum fun and the best revenge. :)

I wanted to give the new westernisation a shot, so I tried Panjab out. Took a while but I got there around 1910 and my industry shot off (with a little help). Unfortunately I came up against a wall of GPs (Russia, China, and British India) stopping any further expansion. Persia, Afghanistan, Najd, and Hedjaz are all puppets. I'm digging the westernisation process, but a few weird things still:

- assimilation and immigration is messy (I think the Finns were wiped off the planet by russian assimilation), also the new pop density screen shows some real strange stuff, like russia having 10 provinces around kazakhstan with 300k+, but only 50k in moscow and less in st petersburg
-sweden colonised a few provinces in northern russia (like above, the four provinces are now their most populous)
-France seems to be obsessed with trying to take SW England
-Prussia started a war of submission against Bremen which took 20 years to end. No allies involved and Bremen had no navy or army. Not sure what happened there.
- America ate Mexico
- Not a single nation gained independence as far as I could tell. I was counting on rebellion in India to help me out but it never came.

23431026550603289745.bmp

28250249815541069452.bmp

Started to try and form Germany as Austria. 1895. Problems:

Prussia is doggedly not going down, after takin 2 of it's major industrual bases and humiliating it / asserting heg twice.
My South German Federation (haha, take 1 tiny prussian province and get 3 major ones!) decided to become a great power and revolt. I haven't tried the puppet mechanic, but I took Franken to stop then becoming a GP again.
Russia (that whore) joined France and Italy to liberate Venice. While I beat all 3 back, I took Mescowietz. Russia latter dropped off the GP list to 10th. I tried to influence them, but played diplo war with Japan (while also trying to keep Prussia out of my spherelings). I lost the diplo war and Russia declared liberation of Mescowietz. Enraged, I blew out the infamy limit and took Kiev (population density map showed it had a TON of pops), but to avoid a landlocked province, took Rovne. They refused to submit, so I battered them until they also allowed me to take Minsk.

I am still pursuing Germany, but sidetracked by russia. However, now that i'm over the infamy limit (55), have an Anti Military power in party for rank 9th Mil score (I wanted their LF/Free Trade), and surrounded by GP Prussia, France, GB, as well as Italy, Ottos and New Russia, I almost HAVE to form germany to survive. Even with the Jingos I'm only 3rd, so I will probably soon declare war on Prussia, shatter them by taking 2 or 3 provinces, sphere the SGF, retake Alcase, and try to figure a way to sphere or something prussia. Fire the decision, and become an ugly(er) monster.

2iidc8o.jpg

Felt like something relatively straightforward for my first AHD game, so I went for Argentina.

Ate all my immediate neighbours except Brazil in the first 30 or so years, while an explosion of Liberals in my upper house over the same period got me into a Democracy, which stayed resolutely Conservative, until the very last election, where it went Rectionary instead. The prestige form those early wars pushed me into GP status, when I just remained (mainly 8th, occasionally 7th) until the late 19th century, when my hitherto pathetic industry (3 factories...) exploded. By the end of the game, that score was still shooting up, with around half my adult male population employed in factories. Prestige wise, I did nothing at all really - don't think I got a single one of the techs, most of what I've got came from events and the like. Military was boosted by a few dreads, but I didn't go spamming them. The two puppets I have came in the late game, when, due to me not paying attention, the newly GPed Columbia (formerly also in my sphere...well, at least I got Panama) got them out of my sphere and, getting bored of 50+ years of peace, I decided a couple of wars would liven things up. My sphere actually suffered quite a bit late on, with not just these three losses (well, I got Ecuador back in the last year), but China modenising and thus GPing with 2 years to go, and Korea getting pulled away by a fourfold attack (USA, UK, Germany and Columbia all went at it at once...).

V2_ARG_3.jpg

V2_ARG_1.jpg

V2_ARG_2.jpg

V2_MAP_ARG_193611_1.jpg

V2_MAP_ARG_193611_2.jpg

(check out my colony!!)

Here's my current game so far...
canada.jpg

canadadetail.jpg

canadamap.jpg

Thinking about invading the USA as they seem to be catching up in industry.

you need to boot russia off alaska, take greenland, and in your place, I'd take New England / New york, though releasing New England and the Manhattan Commune would be hilarious.