+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your AHD Empire

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Commandant
    How did you get the map to look like that?
    I used gimp to dress up the regular map screenshot. It's a great way to kill a couple hours while your girlfriend is watching the various TV talent shows of the week.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by MondoPotato View Post
    The surprising hotspot was the South Sandwich Islands with a staggering 450k population. I have no idea why so many people wanted to live near Antarctica.
    Surprise indeed. Wikipedia tells that South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands had about 30 inhabitants in 2006.
    Perhaps 450k is the king penguin count (120k just in this pic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Co...atagonicus.jpg)

Pretty nice view over rusty whaling station in Grytviken (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...tvikken_hg.jpg)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_G...ndwich_Islands
    Last edited by magitsu; 25-06-2012 at 18:32.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I used gimp to dress up the regular map screenshot. It's a great way to kill a couple hours while your girlfriend is watching the various TV talent shows of the week.
    People on these forums have girlfriends? People who play V2 have girlfriends? Wow...
    Nationality: Yankee
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Conservative/Reactionary
    Issues: Laissez Faire, Free Trade, Limited Citizenship
    Pop: Bureaucrat
    Cash Reserves: $100
    Revolt Risk: +2
    Militancy: 5
    Consciousness: 10

Do China and Austria really have exact same population? I don't really think so

Also, really stunning map. You definitely inspired me to do one myself.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by medopu View Post
    Do China and Austria really have exact same population? I don't really think so

Also, really stunning map. You definitely inspired me to do one myself.
    Ha! No, Austria has a much more reasonable population. Never copy/paste without editing afterwards! Thanks for the compliment though. I get bored of seeing the same old map screenshots so I like to jazz them up a bit. I was a little lazy on this one though... I think a few of my euIII ones I posted in the empire thread in that forum are much better.

edit: I don't remember Austria's population off hand. South Africa was just over 50 million though.

@Magitsu: The islands do look quite pretty. I still don't see 450k fisherman deciding it's the place to be though. Although the island has a warmer average climate than the place I was born, so maybe it's not too far fetched.
    Last edited by MondoPotato; 25-06-2012 at 19:30.

Haha, and I thought 160.000 inhabitants of Heligoland that happened in my game was the most crazy thing ever haha

Arnoldson Fnordgren Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

A recent game that went really well. I was playing as South Africa, and did well enough. I would definitely say it's an easy country to play. The map shows some of the territory gains by Russia and Germany during the latest great wars, of which I fought in both and didn't pick the winning side in either. The largest cities in the world are marked, save a couple in India... because they were all densely populated. The surprising hotspot was the South Sandwich Islands with a staggering 450k population. I have no idea why so many people wanted to live near Antarctica. I pasted the countries flags around the map, relating to the government they ended up with. Spot all the government overthrows!

A couple of things to note: China modernized fairly early and was a dominant force most of the game. Great Britain never budged from first spot. There are no un-modernized countries remaining in the game. Japan and Korea are my closest opponents in points. We've been trading the last great power spot back and forth for years. Ethiopia is my satellite, but no matter how much help I give them, they're constantly falling apart.

The games more or less over now, so I figured it was a good spot to post an empire. If South Africa manages to conquer the world in the next 15 years, I'll post an update.
    Unbelievably sweet map

Second Lieutenant CanadianCommie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

My Russian Empire in 1865.

I have about ~1,000,000 men on the border with Germany and Austria-Hungary (It's a democracy now so it changed to the Danubian Federation). I also have another 600,000 men ready to mobilize. I was thinking of declaring war on all the nations in Europe and see how far I can get. A sort of a reverse Napoleon. Think it's possible? How far do you think I'll get?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
    Think it's possible? How far do you think I'll get?
    Try it yourself and be sure to post the pics here!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Unbelievably sweet map
    Yes...please tell us how you did this!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by KingFred View Post
    He mentioned before that he did it with gimp.
    Yeezy Yeezy how you do it hyah

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum
    Unbelievably sweet map
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFred
    Thank you very much!

As gav1230 already pointed out, it was done in gimp. Just some touching up of the default map screenshot.

Thank you very much!

As gav1230 already pointed out, it was done in gimp. Just some touching up of the default map screenshot.
    You just make me giggle. You know, for someone, who really as familiar with map-maping as you are I think it's a bit more daunting than 30minutes "touching up"

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Thank you very much!

btw what are the areas outlined in red supposed to represent?
    Yeezy Yeezy how you do it hyah

Thank you very much!

Yes, I was just wondering what your process was in GIMP. Also trying to remember which key takes a map shot in-game...

Quote Originally Posted by gav1230 View Post
    btw what are the areas outlined in red supposed to represent?
    The red outlined areas are the pieces that swapped hands during the two most major great wars (and a couple little proxy wars that occurred post and prior).

I lost territory to Germany in the first one, as did my ally France. A few years later I swapped teams and was allied with Germany. Another war broke out with the primary belligerents being Russia and France taking on Germany, South Africa, and the Ottoman Empire. They more or less mopped the floor with us. The Ottomans were about as strong as wet paper towel, Germany was more concerned about fighting in Africa and tossed their army away crossing the Sahara repeatedly, It didn't help they were barely holding together after two attempted communist revolutions. I held off France for quite a while and pushed their military power more or less out of German Africa and tried to help the Ottomans out... right up until the Russian horde came in and roflstomped me back to Cape Town.

There was a smaller war between China and Russia prior to this that saw China loosing a huge chunk of land to Russia as well. Russia was extremely hostile for the last few years of the game, going way over the infamy limit... which is something I've never really seen playing on normal difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by KingFred
    Yes, I was just wondering what your process was in GIMP. Also trying to remember which key takes a map shot in-game...
    F12 for the map screen shot (control-f12 for just your territory I think?)

I don't really know how to explain the process though (add text, curve with a path, use colour layers and blending, etc, etc), without just writing a tutorial or something, which really wouldn't be the point of this thread. Maybe if I get excitable I can post a tutorial in the blog posts or something.

I really do appreciate the positive comments though. It definitely inspires me to try and make some better ones with the Columbia game I'm playing now!

Dude if you did an aar those maps alone would make it worth reading.

My 2nd game ever! Played as Two Sicilies > Italy. Getting Lombardia from Austria was easy. Sphering the italian minors sucked but redshirts occupied Parma and I got Italy the easy way. I was getting ready to conquer Sardinia-Peidmont who was the only holdout.

The real crown jewel of Italy was Africa. Me, the Spanish and the Dutch were the only ones that expanded into Africa and I definitely got the biggest slice of the cake.

The pops and resources in Sokoto and Ethiopia allowed me to boost my military and I was able to build the biggest navy in the world. I even managed to totally blockade the British Isles at one point.

Sidenote- Whats the best way to beat out the UK once it reaches OMFGWTF blob status you guys have found?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Why haven't you taken your Irredentia cores?

Ottomans 1899, USA is broken at 11th place, and I've lost interest in this game.

Puppeted CSA, Sphered CSA, Mexico and Cuba. Germany (not German Empire, but full Germany) took a smidge off Colombia (USA's sphereling, and Germany was my ally). Spain won the Congo, but revolutionized, and dat Rubber was my next conquest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 13 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 63 ... LastLast