• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah that Austria-Hungary makes me phiscally sick to my stomach, imagine what people who draw maps would have to go through to get that correct.

Anyways, what did Krakow do to get GP? That practically never ever ever happens.
Also, that Austria-Hungary is absolutely filthy.

A-H was mine and Russia's favorite punching bag, that plus rebels made those horrible borders.

Krakow managed to be a GP due to it's colonies (see Korea), those somehow gave them a MASSIVE military score, 3x more than mine.

So back on page 17 of this thread I posted the result of my first game as Poland -> Poland-Lithuania. And I remember that game being very fun, so I decided to try it again (Start as Russia, release and play as Poland).

this is how it turned out.

269CB8FDAA71669872D5D50250C9605AAB950B7C

I was a "bit" more expansive this turn aroud. I own Moscow and encircles Berlin. The only province I own outside what you can see in this screenshot is the Suez. I didn't get involved in any wars until 1870, so I managed to do all this in 66 years.

Absolutely awesome! I've tried Poland once, briefly, but couldn't get the hang of it. Any pointers?

How did you get the warpoints to successfully demand all of that? In a lot of my wars, the warpoint value for a state would often be the maximum limit a nation would let me have. In my wars with Sweden, demanding Nordnorge would be worth 112 points, so I couldn't add anything because the Swedish AI "wouldn't accept" my terms. So a lot of my wars consisted of little chunks at a time.

For example, even though I had fully blockaded Sweden, destroyed all their brigades and ships, and occupied every single province of theirs, they wouldn't accept my demand of Nordnorge and that big Sweden region to the east of Nordnorge. So how were you able to do the same with Russia like that?

Last edited:
some nations (Sweden, Mexico, Brazil) demand alot for a province. Others (Russia, USA, Aus-Hun) don't. I.e. Nuevo Leon might cost 85 / 43 war start / occupied, but Minsk might be 18 / 9, meaning you can gobble Russia much faster than Mexico.

While it is roughly divided on amount of states with some sort of minimum, I think some provinces demand much more.

...Clean borders. o_O

some nations (Sweden, Mexico, Brazil) demand alot for a province. Others (Russia, USA, Aus-Hun) don't. I.e. Nuevo Leon might cost 85 / 43 war start / occupied, but Minsk might be 18 / 9, meaning you can gobble Russia much faster than Mexico.

While it is roughly divided on amount of states with some sort of minimum, I think some provinces demand much more.

That's good to know. I've noticed warpoint differences here and there but I didn't realize there was somewhat of a pattern to it. So basically with your game you were just expanding nonstop ever since gaining Greater Germany? Aside from forming GG and then colonizing all over Africa, I only started expanding around 1896.

A continuation to my previous post from 1906 to mid-1935.

Things got crazier.

2A0922022D3D8D394835FE8305B4D3509C640294

Right now imgur isn't working right, but there's like 15 fascist countries.

It's nuts.

Can We see your Africa and Middle East cause that Middle East is So Nice I will be crushed if All the clean boarders go to waste in Africa But By The looks at it they look of it they are pretty clean

The first post he made about his PL game had a fairly clean Africa, so I'd imagine that unless things went completely insane in the last few years, it would still look pretty good.

Speaking of which, I still can't help but just admire your game though. It's just, so...so...clean.

and in another not so clean game, it was actually quite a mess;

V2_MAP_POR_192511_1.jpg

Other than my Portuguese Africa, almost everything is hideous. Switzerland went on a rampage, Netherlands did the worst I've ever seen them do, Java even successfully revolted, and yes that is Swedish Indonesia. Italy formed, did horrible, got neutered. Austria's apparent only goal in the game was to make hideous borders and sphere Baden (their only sphereling) keeping NGF from forming into Germany at one point when they had LF until somehow France went beastly and took it back.

The worst is probably the Ottomans though. I got a random CB on them, declared war. Russia was their sphere leader, ally, and also my ally but they decided to beat up ottomans with me and then it turned into a free for all. UK's industry was dominate but by the end (1925) they had lost 2 great wars to France and I, and really had a bs navy and could only defend its main regions where it was recruiting. It was nice finally whooping up on the UK with a nation that doesn't even start secondary power. UK's main ally in the 2 great wars was NGF and then Sweden, though USA actually jumped in the 2nd one but didn't do anything except a few blockades.

Finished 5th, though I'm sure I could have bloated it up to at least 3rd with another 10 years worth of dreadnaughts.

Last edited:
Why is Israel split?

In a rather strange turn of events, Israel became fascist and then released fascist Palestine.
However, due to immigration Israel was already majority Ashkenazi so there was Israeli patriot rebellions which then caused the northern provinces to defect to Israel.
It's rather strange.

Did you use any other mods besides PDM? I cannot believe the borders are so smooth, like everywhere!

The only thing I altered was a couple of the regions in Russia- otherwise Poland-Lithuania isn't really historical-looking and has really trippy borders.

I tried to emulate the 1466 borders of Poland and Lithuania as I felt these would be the most strategically viable (Black sea port + Baltic supremacy + shortened borders with Russia/Ger).

I made a couple adjustments, particularly the acquisition of Upper Silesia in the 1st Great War, but other than this Poland's European borders are pretty much where they were in 1466.