• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first game as Japan :) still got some time, but wanted to show how far I've come :p

V2_MAP_JAP_1904518_1.jpg

And some info about the top countries in the world + my spheres :)

v2_3.jpg

Pretty satisfied right now ^^ Though it's going to be a bitch getting to the French prestige and Austria-Hungary's industry :S

-Whitey

Edit. Hmm... am I the only one who can't see my pictures? Just wondering since they where commented on :/

Last edited:
[Geden]Whitey;13375788 said:
My first game as Japan :) still got some time, but wanted to show how far I've come :p

GedenWhitey

And some info about the top countries in the world + my spheres :)

GedenWhitey

Pretty satisfied right now ^^ Though it's going to be a bitch getting to the French prestige and Austria-Hungary's industry :S

-Whitey

DAT Austrian industry :blink:

So, I just had my first full game of Victoria 2 overall and I had lots of fun.
I took the advice given to me in the quick questions thread and used a South American democracy for some peaceful playing. I decided to play by some houserules, namely no Industrialization as long as I have a) not all reforms enacted; b) there is any country in south America not yet sphered by me and c) my literacy was under 90%. Also I did not recruit any military units up until 1934 when I tried to improve my overall score. These are my results, with whom I am fairly happy, the only thing that makes me sad is that my literacy went down from 98% to 94% during the last years.
SS right before I kickstarted the Industrialization:
View attachment 46734
And the SS of the GP screen at the end of the game:
View attachment 46735
Maps of my empire and the world are not really interesting, as I did not fight a single war (expect those times brazil attacked me at the beginning but I just immediately surrendered).

I don't have any pictures of it, but in my UK game I realized that when my military using up more than half of the worlds supply of artillery, ammo, canned goods etc... during peace time, it was time to downsize my military. I was playing multiplayer with a friend who was Russia and some of his first factories built were artillery, when I went to war it majorly lifted his economy, it likely did that to every country that produced such things. There came a time when I realized that due to the assimilation changes I could not longer turn my horde of Indian colonies into full on states and make factories and more modern units. It was time to end the military that stimulated the entire world economy. Faced with rising costs, my population could not sustain the army and navy I had amassed. It was simply too expensive. I disbanded every single troop and at least half my navy. My Indian shock troops were a thing of the past as European and Canadian soldiers of a more modern tech enlisted into service. This had the unexpected affect of sending many a factory nosediving due to the lack of a buyer so large as my former army. I was forced to shutdown several, I had been subsidizing all of my factories up to that point, it was the easiest way to do it and only a real handful had needed it. I would rather they stay open full time than I would have to go open them again. A very large clipper shipyard was sucking diown 1000 pounds per day in subsidies.

All in all I'm quite happy with the changes Paradox has made to the game. AHD has been a fantastic expansion so far. I just hope I have enough time to sink all my time into it before CK2 hits.

v2_2.jpg

Fear the mighty German Empire! :D Start Scenario 1861, the CSA survived, but lost the western regions.
Thanks to my bankrupt Brazil, I've got Aslace-Lorraine and was able to release Morocco from France.
After that, I was at war with Austria to get the South German states... And the USA, Belgium and the UK asked for an alliance and joined me in this war. ._.
One thing didn't changed, the USA is still asking me to form an alliance, when I play Prussia->NGF->Germany xD

Although it's really retarded that the rebel group that desires the most freedom and the least government favours the most oppressive government possible.

Well, how can you ensure ideological purity without cracking down on those who desire a less free state? They must be forced to be free, and cannot be allowed to pollute the minds of the workers with their radical ideologies.

Well, how can you ensure ideological purity without cracking down on those who desire a less free state? They must be forced to be free, and cannot be allowed to pollute the minds of the workers with their radical ideologies.
*puts Gun to someones head* YOU ARE NOW FREE!!! YOU HAVE THE DESIRE TO DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

Figured I'd post my first complete AHD game. Decided to go with Belgium since it's an easy start.

Map: http://i.imgur.com/9f6kd.jpg

I also colonized the area around Somalia, not included on the screenshot.

Final screen: http://i.imgur.com/CLlXw.jpg

I managed to stop Germany from forming as I was allied with the NGF and every time I got called into the Franco-Prussian war, and because of some insanity I got assigned leadership and stopped the war without any results (probably my ridiculous military score? Thank you, dreadnaught spam.). Worst ally ever. :laugh:

The free ex-Ottoman states are also my doing, I felt like pulling out some of their teeth. But I made the mistake of pushing the Liberals into power, the cost of my army and navy required me to limit my stockpile instead of relying on taxes. It might've made the difference in catching up with the Germans! :closedeyes:

Figured I'd post my first complete AHD game. Decided to go with Belgium since it's an easy start.

Map: http://i.imgur.com/9f6kd.jpg

I also colonized the area around Somalia, not included on the screenshot.

Final screen: http://i.imgur.com/CLlXw.jpg

I managed to stop Germany from forming as I was allied with the NGF and every time I got called into the Franco-Prussian war, and because of some insanity I got assigned leadership and stopped the war without any results (probably my ridiculous military score? Thank you, dreadnaught spam.). Worst ally ever. :laugh:

The free ex-Ottoman states are also my doing, I felt like pulling out some of their teeth. But I made the mistake of pushing the Liberals into power, the cost of my army and navy required me to limit my stockpile instead of relying on taxes. It might've made the difference in catching up with the Germans! :closedeyes:

WTF happened to the British to reduce them to a total score of 800?

How do you play as countries like the California Republic and Latvia?
Welcome!

You should release them from their masters (e.g. Russia for Latvia and Mexico for California, unless you're starting in 1861 in which case California is released by the USA, but only after the ACW is over: you can release countries only if you are in peace).

Just managed to form Greater Germany before 1870. Things I discovered: If you occupy every province in a country, you can force a mass-exodus (think thousands of people moving to the USA), which I plan to do to France the next time they go to war with me, and that if you get a giant battle going (like, 100+ men on both sides), surrounding it can easily change the balance of the war. France DOW'd me as I was occupying Austria, and I basically forced their entire mobilization stack to surrender in one go. After that, it was just occupying France.