• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Transvaal is fairly pleasurable. You start Democratic and Civilized on two Precious Metals mines. So you're fairly rich, and have only one state, making it very easy to get 4% Clergy and 4% Clerks and boost your science to Swedish levels. The main difficulty is getting to Secondary Power by beating Oranje enough times using only 3000 starting soldiers (which if you lose, you will not be able to retrain for decades), then you can colonize Portuguese part of Africa and on the back of prestige from that raise to GP to fight a SOI war to conquer Oranje and Zulu with your also colonial troops.

KesPb.jpg

The sad part is that you only start with 40k national population and can only get to like half a million throghout the game. If UK doesn't fail, you will never be South Africa. Another annoyance is big empires protecting Portugal. Still fun though.

So back on page 17 of this thread I posted the result of my first game as Poland -> Poland-Lithuania. And I remember that game being very fun, so I decided to try it again (Start as Russia, release and play as Poland).

this is how it turned out.

269CB8FDAA71669872D5D50250C9605AAB950B7C

I was a "bit" more expansive this turn aroud. I own Moscow and encircles Berlin. The only province I own outside what you can see in this screenshot is the Suez. I didn't get involved in any wars until 1870, so I managed to do all this in 66 years.

So back on page 17 of this thread I posted the result of my first game as Poland -> Poland-Lithuania. And I remember that game being very fun, so I decided to try it again (Start as Russia, release and play as Poland).

I was a "bit" more expansive this turn aroud. I own Moscow and encircles Berlin. The only province I own outside what you can see in this screenshot is the Suez. I didn't get involved in any wars until 1870, so I managed to do all this in 66 years.

What's that purple country in Galicia? Ukraine? Ruthenia?

How did you manage to form Poland-Lithuania? I always wanted to play a Poland/Poland-lithuania game, but every time I start one(Release as Russia-> Play Poland) I give up because of the completly broke country, low manpower and a literacy of 5-10%.. So getting from there to 99% literacy and Poland-Lithuania seems hard.

FOR THE COMMONWEALTH. SLAY SLASH KILL PARTITION THOSE MEAN PEOPLE. But seriously very good job, will have to try that sometime.
Very enthusiastic when is comes to my Polskies

Purple is Ruthenia

on a side note, I've tried P-L as Lithuania, released from Prussia. It's game breaking, as Austria will declare war on you nearly immediately. I may have to try Lithuania - P-L releasing from Russia, though.

How did you manage to form Poland-Lithuania? I always wanted to play a Poland/Poland-lithuania game, but every time I start one(Release as Russia-> Play Poland) I give up because of the completly broke country, low manpower and a literacy of 5-10%.. So getting from there to 99% literacy and Poland-Lithuania seems hard.

Funny you should say they lack manpower, I would claim that they have a lot of it for a country that start out so small. But then again there is a reason why I didn't go to war until 1870. Gave me a lot of time to build up an army. I also started the game with getting clerics up to 4% to increase literacy (towards the end of the game I had a monthly literacy gain of 0.2, but it still never got above 99.2%, it just seemed to stop there for some reason).

When playing as a russian Poland (I don't know, but if you form it from Russia it seems like no one cares enough to attack you until you decide to go to war yourself, or maybe I've just been lucky), I suggest attacking NGF first when they go to war against France. In this game I managed to get all the polish cores from them in the first war (they had also pissed off austria so they didn't stand much of a chance. Afterwards I took the opertunity to strike at Austria and Krakow when Russia went to war against them to recover a core. After that I turned to Russia that had been weakened by wars against Austria and now France and to my surprise I managed to get all the P-L cors in just 2 wars (mind you I was occupying russian terretory all the way to Chine before they gave into my demands. After that I allied with France and went into 3 wars with russia (which was interesting since by now my frontagainst them was huge and they kept sending 400k armies against me, making me spend ages encirceling them).
After each war the russians were so weakened that they dropped off the great nations list, and were swamped with rebels, but sadly they always managed to recover and no revolusion ever occured).Grabbed Bohemia off Austria and then Saxony and Magdenburg off NGF

Funny you should say they lack manpower, I would claim that they have a lot of it for a country that start out so small. But then again there is a reason why I didn't go to war until 1870. Gave me a lot of time to build up an army. I also started the game with getting clerics up to 4% to increase literacy (towards the end of the game I had a monthly literacy gain of 0.2, but it still never got above 99.2%, it just seemed to stop there for some reason).

When playing as a russian Poland (I don't know, but if you form it from Russia it seems like no one cares enough to attack you until you decide to go to war yourself, or maybe I've just been lucky), I suggest attacking NGF first when they go to war against France. In this game I managed to get all the polish cores from them in the first war (they had also pissed off austria so they didn't stand much of a chance. Afterwards I took the opertunity to strike at Austria and Krakow when Russia went to war against them to recover a core. After that I turned to Russia that had been weakened by wars against Austria and now France and to my surprise I managed to get all the P-L cors in just 2 wars (mind you I was occupying russian terretory all the way to Chine before they gave into my demands. After that I allied with France and went into 3 wars with russia (which was interesting since by now my frontagainst them was huge and they kept sending 400k armies against me, making me spend ages encirceling them).
After each war the russians were so weakened that they dropped off the great nations list, and were swamped with rebels, but sadly they always managed to recover and no revolusion ever occured).Grabbed Bohemia off Austria and then Saxony and Magdenburg off NGF

My question is why you're only number 2?

My Congress Poland to PLC run so far in PDM:

r0RS0l.jpg

The world as a whole:

rgy22l.jpg

My sphered countries/puppets (in light pink/dark pink):

Yjrsil.jpg

(I can't get a decent thumbnail size from imgur)

I started this game by releasing Congress Poland from Russia, and it appears that as soon as I did that things got absolutely crazy. For the first 10 years or so I just got clergy/bureaucrats and then began small-scale production of canned food, as well as allying with Russia.
When Hungary rebelled from Austria I declared war on them. I was able to take Galicia-Lodomeria and free Bohemia-Moravia, which was promptly conquered by Bavaria. Austria became a secondary power shortly after this, losing most of its non-cored provinces. Bavaria became a GP in its stead, and I became a GP in this time period as well, hovering between #8 and #7.
I then turned to Prussia, using mostly Russian help to acquire my cores there. Prussia lost a lot of land to Bavaria in the next war they had and by 1860 Bavaria had formed Grossdeutschland (I took German Empire cores off of some Polish cores- excepting Upper Silesia- as well as Prussia) which is really, really scary in theory.

It was a lot less scary in practice because they turned their influence west almost immediately, and I allied with them in 1862. At this point my industry was booming with a focus on canned food and industrial goods, as well as a few weapons/consumer goods factories.

At that point I turned east and went to war with the relatively unstable Russian Empire.
Although they mobilized and won the majority of the battles they lost an incredible number of people in each war they were in with me.
By 1875 I had taken all of my european territory. Latvia and Estonia were puppet states I had formed, and Estonia formed the United Baltic Provinces (it still hasn't united with Latvia).
I went to war with the Ottomans and Egypt a couple of times and both of them collapsed fairly quickly. I freed Syria, Iraq, and Jordan. Cyprus, Palestine and Lebanon were all territories I acquired that I later turned into puppet states. Egypt was easy enough to run through in 2 wars.

When the Scramble began I took Ethiopia and Somaliland and didn't colonize much else. Belgium got a lot of land in the Scramble and eventually acquired some Portuguese colonies as well. Germany was decidedly absent from the scramble.
I then released a bunch of countries from Russia in 3 or 4 wars, and that essentially brings us to today's map.

how do u edit the map picture like that?? anyways,i know this is the wrong place to ask but if i add a mod will i be able to join vanilia mp games?these PDM mod seems interesting (i love the balkans there)
@smeghead wait,itally attacked greece?romania formed? what kind of sorcery is that?