• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here is my first serious game in V2 and at the same time first grand campaign in a Paradox game that I played to the very end:
89p3P.jpg

At the beginning I let Mexico annex Texas (I had no idea I could intervene) and went after them after executing a very nice decision that gave me a lot of cores.
My responses to ACW related events were mostly random because, I have to admit, my knowledge of USA geography and Civil War is very small.
To my surprise defeating CSA was not a problem and with this problem solved I began bullying Mexico for territority for the rest of the game (nothing personal here!).
I was trying to manage infamy but I miscalculated once and UK declared war - I thought it was my end.
But despite having huge navy they never blocked my ports and never sent any troops from Europe... they had tens of thousands of mobilized troops wandering through their homeland.
I managed to free one region of Canada.

Final situation is below, second Canadian region was freed after another containment war due to my annexation of Mexico.
BCCpy.jpg

I managed to colonize part of Africa with provinces that started producing rubber in late game.
Kpb66.jpg

For the 100 years of my American democracy I tried to get liberal party with "autopilot economy" elected - finally they got elected - around one year before game end.

There was one great war that I was dragged into - Germany, Italy, France and me against Austria and Sweden if I remember correctly. I didn't do too much fighting, Germany & Italy completely destroyed Austria that formed Austro-Hungary shortly afterwards and then something strange happened...
Free, Idependent (but not Strictly Neutral) City of Kraków won a war with Austro-Hungary with no allies!
iElJk.png

West Galicia (that's a place where I was born) was probably given to Kraków as a result of great war (I'm not sure) and they took East Galicia by themselves.

There are many things in this game that are a huge mystery to me:
- how to read trade tab so that numbers add up and how to make any sense from tables like market activity etc.
- why everyone stopped digging crude oil and prefers to be unemployed in my oil provinces? the same with dye around Mexico City
- why there is shortage of fish near game end? my alaskan provinces pruduce less than 0.5 units despite employing 100% people
- what to do with tens of thousands of unemployed artisans that instead of getting a job (our factories and military need YOU!) or digging gold in Alaska conspire to turn my democracy into a communist regime?

So, France and Prussia are at war over ElsaB Lorthringen again.

1AFD103BB15B044E6A4FB9E9F44A9BA6C248BDE2

Why is this interseting? Because Africa is about to be a slaughterhouse:

531B668E0C6D77D76D36DC3F619637060E62C72F

I'm paying as Croatia. Much more fun than I thought it would be. Stole Scicily from 2 Scicilies by blockade. Then I stole Pugalia by... well, declaring war, letting most of their army go to scicily, trapping it by blockade, and killing the rest on the mainland. Then Spain gave me 2 Border Incidents and 1 Place in the sun CB, which I made use of, and they keep falling to revolutions. Colonized a chunk of Africa and Oceania.

2u9n9zc.jpg

Here is my first serious game in V2 and at the same time first grand campaign in a Paradox game that I played to the very end:
89p3P.jpg

At the beginning I let Mexico annex Texas (I had no idea I could intervene) and went after them after executing a very nice decision that gave me a lot of cores.
My responses to ACW related events were mostly random because, I have to admit, my knowledge of USA geography and Civil War is very small.
To my surprise defeating CSA was not a problem and with this problem solved I began bullying Mexico for territority for the rest of the game (nothing personal here!).
I was trying to manage infamy but I miscalculated once and UK declared war - I thought it was my end.
But despite having huge navy they never blocked my ports and never sent any troops from Europe... they had tens of thousands of mobilized troops wandering through their homeland.
I managed to free one region of Canada.

Final situation is below, second Canadian region was freed after another containment war due to my annexation of Mexico.
BCCpy.jpg

I managed to colonize part of Africa with provinces that started producing rubber in late game.
Kpb66.jpg

For the 100 years of my American democracy I tried to get liberal party with "autopilot economy" elected - finally they got elected - around one year before game end.

There was one great war that I was dragged into - Germany, Italy, France and me against Austria and Sweden if I remember correctly. I didn't do too much fighting, Germany & Italy completely destroyed Austria that formed Austro-Hungary shortly afterwards and then something strange happened...
Free, Idependent (but not Strictly Neutral) City of Kraków won a war with Austro-Hungary with no allies!
iElJk.png

West Galicia (that's a place where I was born) was probably given to Kraków as a result of great war (I'm not sure) and they took East Galicia by themselves.

There are many things in this game that are a huge mystery to me:
- how to read trade tab so that numbers add up and how to make any sense from tables like market activity etc.
- why everyone stopped digging crude oil and prefers to be unemployed in my oil provinces? the same with dye around Mexico City
- why there is shortage of fish near game end? my alaskan provinces pruduce less than 0.5 units despite employing 100% people
- what to do with tens of thousands of unemployed artisans that instead of getting a job (our factories and military need YOU!) or digging gold in Alaska conspire to turn my democracy into a communist regime?

Holy cow, that is a BIG Krarow!
1. The trade tab doesn't make much sense. I suggest you ignore it.
2. Synthetic dye and oil is cheaper than raw oil & dye, hence, the unemployment. I think this is major econ issue for AHD.
3. In fact, the only raw materials that are in short supply are rubber & fish. Crazy right?
4. Loss meaningless war.

The end of my second game, coined by many many many wars against Mexico (eight or nine, I believe) and a few wars against GB because they really wanted New England back.

2911E7B505A9DBE3D1975303A7045031A09E35EA

212BCED5C44E364C27FD968AFA75B6B0814C5A0D

30lfcdw.png

Managed to sphere every country in North and South America apart from Mexico. Also realized how fun dreadnought spam can be. Sadly enough, not much interesting stuff actually happened. Europe, on the other hand, was going topsy-turvy with lots of wars and rebellions.

The end of my second game, coined by many many many wars against Mexico (eight or nine, I believe) and a few wars against GB because they really wanted New England back.

2911E7B505A9DBE3D1975303A7045031A09E35EA

212BCED5C44E364C27FD968AFA75B6B0814C5A0D

30lfcdw.png

Managed to sphere every country in North and South America apart from Mexico. Also realized how fun dreadnought spam can be. Sadly enough, not much interesting stuff actually happened. Europe, on the other hand, was going topsy-turvy with lots of wars and rebellions.

Is this a modded game? Lots of weird stuff here

this is my krakow game.didnt play till the end cause i got bored.so here it is

155jnz5.jpg

xofr0j.jpg

i also had tunis as my dominion but i went communist and it became independent.i also had some more indian areas but the U.K and Persia took it from me.i only had 6.000 troops and no allies so i had to surrender.never obtained GP status,people said me krakow game is easy.well its easy to take arab lands but everyone can do that

Is this a modded game? Lots of weird stuff here

Nope, fully vanilla. I was surprised by a lot of stuff as well, mostly France vomiting all over Spain; Germany, Austria and Sweden all taking a nice chunk out of Russia (believe that happened when Russia was getting raped by rebels) and Germany actually forming in the first place. The NGF got whipped in their first war to retake Elsass-Lothringen, but apparently managed to get some allies together for the second run. Also, Japan holding two provinces in Italy. Anything else mostly out of the ordinary? I stayed away from European politics as much as I could and concentrated on keeping everything on my side sphered, conquering Mexico and fending off GB every once in a while.

Nope, fully vanilla. I was surprised by a lot of stuff as well, mostly France vomiting all over Spain; Germany, Austria and Sweden all taking a nice chunk out of Russia (believe that happened when Russia was getting raped by rebels) and Germany actually forming in the first place. The NGF got whipped in their first war to retake Elsass-Lothringen, but apparently managed to get some allies together for the second run. Also, Japan holding two provinces in Italy. Anything else mostly out of the ordinary? I stayed away from European politics as much as I could and concentrated on keeping everything on my side sphered, conquering Mexico and fending off GB every once in a while.

you don't see an independent Armenia or Philippines every day either, or a Sardinian Africa

By far my most satisfying game of Vicky 2 so far;

V2_MAP_HAI_193611_1.jpg

Nabbed a piece of Sokoto just shortly before 1870 and colonized like a machine, always getting the 2% bonus, and blockading off a region for myself. I only had 1 NF until the very late stages of the game though, so it was tedious. Annexed some Arabs shortly before they got civilized also, for the oil.

Despite having a democratic revolution around 1918, I had Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Argentina, Bolivia, Ethiopia, Iceland, and Korea in my sphere of influence at game end. Also alliances with the UK, USA, and all my spherlings except Ethiopia.

Haiti.jpg

Finished 2nd, 15th, 3rd in Prestige, Industry, and Military respectively. I was very pleased to have 20% of the worlds Electric Gear production and some nice market share in other important industries netting my capitalist a ton of cash, I think they had 10 or 11 million in reserves by the end even at 24% tax. Also pretty good RGO production, with a good variety, and all of the important stuff except sulfur. Passed all political reforms and all social reforms except some of the higher tier unemployment subsidies, so I got a ton of immigrants in the late stages as well.

Last edited:
How come Portugal didn't colonize their "assigned" piece of Africa?

Decided to go with Brazil for my third game on Normal difficulty, and it's definitely a step up from Prussia on Very Easy and USA on Easy. Still making neat progress, though. I'm just about the only one who's really industrializing, even more than Italy or Russia (I think I'm #7 in the total rankings). Also managed to increase my land by a ton through warmongering.

B0CD2B64A4BBDCC5340066BF5FD9555D7617E144

USA managed to let Anarcho-Liberals take over the government and let Mexico take some of their land:

17C4B5B8D04ED8C7CD76C89F45952E396E3A257D

And the NGF seemed to prefer war to this whole "sphere" malarkey for uniting Germany, but Austria is keeping a stranglehold on Württemberg and France isn't giving up Elsass-Lothringen either:

4008911D40200533DB21AAE441D3A3DCE3BC0480

my Australia game

qx8euw.jpg

2vhyqur.jpg

got all techs and discoveries by the early 1930's. Pretty funny game where my biggest problem was to get up more brigades, I only had 123 at the end. Managed to colonize East Africa and grab the Arabian peninsula except Abu Dhabi. Gained Oregon from the USA who tried to contain me, from there I colonized those Alaskan territories.
Yes, that is a Persian Egypt, a Danish Egypt and a Danish Africa. Afghanistan got wiped out by a Panjabi-Bukkharan coalition.