• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did it faster. 1842 or 43. Stop acting like forming Greater Germany very fast is an achievment.

Edit: And good job writing an essay no ones going to read. Seriously it's that easy:

1) Attack Austria Day 1, assert hegemony + acquire Bohemia, peace after 1-2 years
2) Attack Denmark on Day 1, take German cores
3) Start sphereing Hannover at day 1
4) Attack France once Austria and Denmark are down
5) Wait for truces to run out and attack Austria and sphere Holstein

No need to write that much, seriously.

No need to be so antagonistic. Honad's post was interesting and contributed positively to the thread, yours did not.

My ongoing game as Two Sicilies/Italian Empire:

italy1.png

italy2.png

One of the first things I did in the game, in around 1835, was to declare a war of conquest against Tuscany. The previous time I tried a game as the Two Sicilies, it was a total nightmare playing diplo influence drama with France and Austria in the 6 other Italian states, where you have to gain sphere AND acquire land in Austria to establish Italy. The Austrians joined the war, but they were also fighting the Danes, and not doing so well (or something). I managed to get right of passage with the Papal States, and after occupying Tuscany, I added my cores in Lombardy as a wargoal. It was a bitch to win the war, but I managed to occupy enough lands in Austria. The Austrians had a tendency to avoid direct confrontations, in favor of a long route through Bavaria and Switzerland... by which time I was able to destroy a number of Austrian armies in Tuscany suffering from attrition.

The Austrian War lasted about 3 1/2 years but I prevailed (it's possible the Austrians were also fighting someone other than Denmark/Holstein, but I stopped paying attention to that and just focused on keeping my front lines stable). I actually considered that war to be easier than the 8 year diplo influence game I played with France. Getting Italian states out of Austrian sphere was actually very easy (they didn't even try to stop me), but France's AI is EVIL when you try to get Sardinia/Papal States over to you. When they started matching my focus on Papal States, I'd switch to Sardinia. When they switched to match me, I switched to Switzerland (they sphered Switzerland). Eventually I got lucky and they started focusing somewhere else. Took 8 years of French BS, but I sphered Italy.
!

How did you deal with the Austrian navy blockade?

How did you deal with the Austrian navy blockade?

Good question! The odd thing is the Austrians did not really bother to blockade me. Whenever I'd move ships out of a port province into the open seas, their fleet in the Venetia area would undock and seem to try to pursue. Whenever I'd redock to avoid a battle where I'd definitely lose, they'd return back to where they came from. Because I didn't really have any overseas forces I needed to reinforce the Italian front with, I ended up ignoring the Austrian fleet.

Also, since Austria was already at war with Denmark, I think the bulk of their fleet was off in the North Sea. What they had in the Adriatic was still too much for any ships I had, so I just ignored them. I have no idea what happened to their fleet in the North Sea, because it never seemed to bother me. It's possible that they had some ships along some of my coastline and I just never noticed, but I was too busy kicking the crap out of their land forces.

I hope this helps address your question. I think, ultimately, the Austrians sending ships out into the North Sea is probably the best way to deal with an Austrian fleet. =D

I'm sorry you didn't like my post, but what you posted was extremely rude and totally unnecessary. I was sharing my insights into forming Greater Germany. I considered starting a new thread for other people to post stories, commentaries, posts about forming Greater Germany due to the fact Prussia/Germany is a very popular nation to play as.

I liked it. I just think your enterence sentence was a bit arrogant (this isn't the word I would use in German, but big-headed sounds stupid).
First off, this is probably going to sound unbelievable

Do you usually post in people's AARs and narratives of playing nations and tell them that they're dumb and stupid?
When did I ever call you dumb and stupid? Those are your words. I just said it's unnessecary to write that much for something that easy.

Wow.
Just wow.

All I can say is... Grow up. lol
lol

finally

uy7hg.jpg

its my 1st game (not as greece,1st in general never played again)

i chose greece cause its my home country and all the great powers were too overwhelming for me (can someone really play as russia?) well my hopes of creating the byzantine empire (or at least taking smirna) were doomed since i never achieved GP status.i only had 2 industrial score (though i was like 9th in prestige). i didnt actually win any of the OE wars.i always letted myshelf to get sphered by France or the UK and they did all the hard work for me (russia never allied me for a reason). i was going to annex the rest of morroco but it was already shpered by the U.K. still have a lot of things to learn about the game but i believe it was a good 1st try

970inl.jpg

My second game, as the USA. Had a BUNCH of fun after GB declared war on me out of the blue and nearly beat me, if I didn't manage to sneak by with Mexico's and time's help and squeeze a white peace out of them. Progress got a bit slow because of that and the CSA rising up quite fast after that war. But now that I enacted "Manifest Destiny", I should be able to whoop some land out of Mexico every six years. Also, I have Alaska. Because I have a lot of money, and figured: Why not?

When did I ever call you dumb and stupid? Those are your words. I just said it's unnessecary to write that much for something that easy.

I did it faster. 1842 or 43. Stop acting like forming Greater Germany very fast is an achievment.

Edit: And good job writing an essay no ones going to read.

I really hope you're not one of those people who think that because they didn't say the exact words "dumb and stupid", they did not in any way imply anything that was in any way at all similar to those words, and therefore are not morally incorrect in any way, shape, or form, because if you are...ohhhh boy :rolleyes:

finally

uy7hg.jpg

its my 1st game (not as greece,1st in general never played again)

i chose greece cause its my home country and all the great powers were too overwhelming for me (can someone really play as russia?) well my hopes of creating the byzantine empire (or at least taking smirna) were doomed since i never achieved GP status.i only had 2 industrial score (though i was like 9th in prestige). i didnt actually win any of the OE wars.i always letted myshelf to get sphered by France or the UK and they did all the hard work for me (russia never allied me for a reason). i was going to annex the rest of morroco but it was already shpered by the U.K. still have a lot of things to learn about the game but i believe it was a good 1st try

Do I spy that you took territories in Ottoman-controlled Greece, and in Algeria/Tunis? Nice work! My friend has tried to recreate a Byzantine Empire but can't do it either... Something about the Ottomans being too strong I think?

Do I spy that you took territories in Ottoman-controlled Greece, and in Algeria/Tunis? Nice work! My friend has tried to recreate a Byzantine Empire but can't do it either... Something about the Ottomans being too strong I think?

yes,yes i did.i believe that its preety good for a 1st game (only prior experience is ck2) the lands i took from OE are my core.in order to enact megali idea i had to be a GP which i never obtained.and yes i annexed tunis and algeria.i was gonna annex moroco to but UK sphered it.this pic was taken in 1933.the last 3 years was GREECE/FRANCE VS UK/MORROCO. it ended in a white peace

I try to avoid feeding trolls but I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to be arrogant or anything. My own post says why I made the post.

I liked it. I just think your enterence sentence was a bit arrogant (this isn't the word I would use in German, but big-headed sounds stupid).

This is my initial statement:

First off, this is probably going to sound unbelievable considering there was major drama in the beginning of this thread concerning another guy who achieved Greater Germany by 1844, but I will try to explain, in detail, how I did this, so others can try (unless there's already some major discussion on how to do this quickly in some other thread)

There was pretty huge drama in the beginning of this thread concerning another guy who formed Greater Germany by 1844. Quite a few people were accusing him of lying. More were simply very skeptical and openly criticizing him. So, when I formed Greater Germany in my game by 1846, and took screenshots, I thought perhaps people would accuse me of lying.

That seemed like a logical possibility. I wasn't aware it's super easy to form Greater Germany and not actually difficult at all. If you had read my post, I've only been playing Victoria 2 for about 2 weeks or so.

-----------------------------------------------

This thread is about posting our V2:AHD empires in screenshots and posts. A mod has already told you, in not so many words, to stop. Let's get this thread back on track.

I can see you didn't take my advice seriously. The grown up thing would have been to either apologize for your crazily rude post. And if that is just too much to ask..then at the very least you could have realized what you said was offensive and left well enough alone.

Yet instead, despite multiple people pointing out your post was completely unnecessary, you attempt to justify your actions? This is a thread about people's AHD Empires. He posted a picture and wrote up how he did it. If you found it was too long all you had to do was not read it. It's really quite simple.

So once more I IMPLORE YOU.. Grow.Up.

To ask a question related to my empire: What does the whole "we will gain this if we add this wargoal" in the Declare War screen mean? The Reclaim Cores (or something like that) wargoal that I'm using to pick apart Mexico had a gargantuan -100 prestige penalty, but I didn't lose any prestige after adding it. So does that penalty only apply if I actually ADD the wargoal after already having started the war instead of using it as a Casus Belli?

To ask a question related to my empire: What does the whole "we will gain this if we add this wargoal" in the Declare War screen mean? The Reclaim Cores (or something like that) wargoal that I'm using to pick apart Mexico had a gargantuan -100 prestige penalty, but I didn't lose any prestige after adding it. So does that penalty only apply if I actually ADD the wargoal after already having started the war instead of using it as a Casus Belli?

I know it has to do with breaking a truce, but I have no idea why the prestige loss didn't actually occur.

You gotta to be still at truce with Mexico. Check it out to see if that is the case?

I know it has to do with breaking a truce, but I have no idea why the prestige loss didn't actually occur.

Hm... it could have been that I wasn't actually past the date the truce ran out when I clicked the CB, but because I still had the time running, I somehow passed that date, so I didn't get the penalty? Seems to be the only explanation I can think of.

I am having a lot of fun exploring Rylock's New Nations Mod.
Let me share with you some of the screenshots:

Balkan-1.jpg

NNM has a chain of event leading to disintegration of Ottoman Empire.
I can also form Yugoslavia by decision, and will become my satellite, but it will takes away 3 of my Greater Germany province, because I haven't gain core of them yet. So I will wait on that. Also notice Brittany and Occitania? Freeing people is a lot of fun in NNM.

China.jpg

JinagsuSichuan.jpg

craftman.jpg

China is pretty crazy, the font moved from China proper to Korea to Tibet. By 1898, Manchuria conquered Peking and Nationalist China took over. China proper's capital move to Shanghai!

I am saving ALL my infamy for China. My first war with them was in 1850s while they were still unciv. Then somehow Heavenly Kingdom formed and converted one of the colony Jiangsu into a state. It gave me unlimited craftsmen, I simply can't upgrade factory fast enough to tackle unemployment. Look at my industrial score, Jiangsu is the biggest contributor.

China westernised superfast in NNM, I think they westernized around 1860 or so. That's why I am saving all my infamy for China, every single additional China state contribute a lot to my industrial and military score.

Last edited: