• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
France, 1912:

1.learned a few things: 1. Sweden and Mexico demand a very high price for their states, Russia, USA, GB, not so much.
2. Fight many opponents in 1 war to save diplopoints. Justify against Russia, and you can fight Russia, Ottoman and any minor sphered allies at once, instead of having to justify against each.
3. In AHD, you spend 2 points: 1 to justify, 1 to declare. Effectively, you get half the points of Victoria II vanilla
4. The National Focus tech increases Diplo Point rate. Most important.

notes:
I lost about 8 diplopoints fighting the USA in the first (and so far only) war against them. It was tough and I was distracted. Once their back was broken in 2 massive battles involving 300K on each side simultaniously, and surrounded, their people revolted. As with GB once I broke their backs, they are a spent force, with militancy so high and so many provinces occupied by rebels, they can't return to be a threat.
Should have let NGF form to annex several minors at once, but I was worried they would be to much for me.
Should have colonized Oceania before the USA did, now I have to fight for those lands, and waste precious diplo points.
As I stated, I'm not going to gtet WC, I just want to see how far I can get.
Hated the first war with GB because they're freaking everywhere. I just gained a base in Canada and Australia, this year, though, so now they are effcetively occupyable within a few months to over 90%.
About to Aquire Substate war against China. They're the only potential threat left to me, and It's mainly because I've never fought AHD china.

2yvmm1h.jpg

funfact: The City-State of Vienna (Austria Hungary), I keep around, because it amuses me to see my favorite empire (Austria - Germany) reduced to one province.

Last edited:
Hi AdeptusM,
Just to share my experience with you:
1. If you start with USA early, say around civil war time or even before that, they are a white tiger. You can demand for New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Oregon, Washington, plus one or two more in the first war.
2. Ally yourself with Mexico to protect them. :laugh:
3. Yes, definitely let NGF form, but they don't most of the time.
4. Don't be scare of Japan and China, both are white tigers too. You can even wait till Japan is westernised (so nice of them to turn colonies into states for you) before dealing with them. All you need is around 200 brigades or so. Once you have half of Japan in the first war, you can turn to China and finish them off in 2 wars.
5. You can get 99% war score by just occupying UK home isles, Africa, Canada, Carribean + India. Austrialia is not needed in the first 2 wars or so. It is strategically more important to get UK home provinces, as they can mobilized > 200 brigades from home isles alone eventually.
6. Fighting Russia is always a bitch. Just too big & tedious.

really? what is Russia compared to UK?

Russia is just a big country but with all lands in the same place.

Maybe it is just a personal preference thing, I find fighting UK much easier compare to fighting Russia, because I usually fight total war of annihilation rather than war with limited war goal. In such case;
1. Home isles are compact and have high occupation score.
2. Once you get a foothold on India, doesn't matter is Madras, Bombay or Bengal area, there rest of India is your easy picking.
3. For the 1st & 2nd war with UK, I don't event need to travel to Canada, Australia & Caribbean to get high war score; first war fluctuate from 45% to 65%, 2nd war usually 99%. It only get tedious from 3rd war onward, when I need to plan for full occupation.

Fighting Russia, on the other hand, I will suffer high attrition (especially if I were to fight them super early) due to bad terrace & inability to fan out (Siberian army will eventually reach Europe) . So take a long time to reach 99% war score.

Not sure if its possible. You need to Westernise ahead of the trend and in the current build there is very little giving your nation an edge in Westernising. The only way to somehow be ahead in most of the game is to start ahead. Sometimes you can do it as really small nations, but Korea has a very large pop. Trying to westernise ahead with that pop is very tough. Never the less I'll give it ago.
Being unciv can be an advantage. You get free education, basically. So you can just sit back and get a 80% educated populace, then civilize. Meanwhile, Austria and the UK are dancing around 30%. Of course, it works better in smaller nations where one NF will make a huge difference.

And,one thing:If i want to say that "the Prussia it's free",i need to put the article "The" before a name of a nation or i simply have to write "Prussia it's free"?

As well as the name of the state being plural (E.g. the Maldives, the Seychelles, the Two Sicilies etc.) and the system of government being included in the name (The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom, The French Republic), there are also a couple of exceptions. People often call Ukraine "The Ukraine", although this seems to be falling out of fashion, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo is usually called "The Congo".

Fun Fact: At the turn of the 20th Century, Argentina was usually called "The Argentine" in English.

my first expansion game
Belgium, medium difficulty

2q8vmgk.jpg

357qbk8.jpg

Russia went boom on Sweden.
Yes, that is Haitian West Morocco. Germany colonized the northern Russian regions. Austria-Hungary was formed after Austria loosing some humiliate war against some allied great powers.
I only broke the BB limit during the last 10 years or so, had to fight 3 containment wars during the last 5 years, won vs UK and humiliated them, won vs France, and the last one vs a coalition of German and Ottoman forces was still going on.
Was able to make states out of most of my African colonies, however I'd hoped for a better industrial score. So much to learn in this game.
The Us must have a lot of culture and industry to be the best Great Power and has not even gotten all tis cores

The Us must have a lot of culture and industry to be the best Great Power and has not even gotten all tis cores

their industry score is double the one of Austria-Hungary, who has the second best industrial score. No idea why they did not claim their cores from Mexico, rarely happens in my games, heck they even allowed Mexico to become a Great Power. They certainly have the military strength to bomb the Mexicans back to the Stone Age, which is less then 100 mil score.

their industry score is double the one of Austria-Hungary, who has the second best industrial score. No idea why they did not claim their cores from Mexico, rarely happens in my games, heck they even allowed Mexico to become a Great Power. They certainly have the military strength to bomb the Mexicans back to the Stone Age, which is less then 100 mil score.

I've noticed this. It happened to Austria in one of my games. It lost a war to Prussia and Prussia took a good chunk of territory. I felt safe in assuming that they would lose GP position because of it, but the opposite ended happening. It's industry sky rocketed and with ten years they had a larger industry then France and on par with the US by the end of the game.

I can only guess that in both these cases, staying small and keeping a high pop allows them to really focus on Industry.

I had the contrary happen on my second game that I have finished now

Sweden --> Scandinavia

293wt2g.jpg

4g6flw.jpg

Austria-Hungary (with main allies France and me) actually won some wars versus Russia growing a lot bigger then its initial borders, and their industry grew to the level of the one in my Belgium game, so they still did ok with more land and pops.
Once again I saw a mega industrial USA (they did go for their cores this time and even went further into true Mexican territory), with an industry score of over 6K , more then triple the scores of second best Germany and Austria-Hungary. Is the USA the new UK in AHD? Winning almost every single game with a monster industry?
I also found it odd that the UK and France's industry stayed at around 400-500. I suppose this is the new deal in AHD? The former powerhouses UK and France falling behind late game, and not even capable of seriously competing in the race for Africa.

Is the USA the new UK in AHD? Winning almost every single game with a monster industry?
I also found it odd that the UK and France's industry stayed at around 400-500. I suppose this is the new deal in AHD? The former powerhouses UK and France falling behind late game, and not even capable of seriously competing in the race for Africa.
It would appear so, but I would say it's historical correct. Historically UK and France had already had their time in 1910-20 and Germany and USA took over as the powerhouses.

i had the contrary happen on my second game that i have finished now

sweden --> scandinavia

293wt2g.jpg

4g6flw.jpg

austria-hungary (with main allies france and me) actually won some wars versus russia growing a lot bigger then its initial borders, and their industry grew to the level of the one in my belgium game, so they still did ok with more land and pops.
Once again i saw a mega industrial usa (they did go for their cores this time and even went further into true mexican territory), with an industry score of over 6k , more then triple the scores of second best germany and austria-hungary. Is the usa the new uk in ahd? Winning almost every single game with a monster industry?
I also found it odd that the uk and france's industry stayed at around 400-500. I suppose this is the new deal in ahd? The former powerhouses uk and france falling behind late game, and not even capable of seriously competing in the race for africa.
morroco lives!?

yes, even Tripoli survived the battle with the Ottomans, they were left alone for the remainder of the game. Never seen Tripoli survive the initial war vs the Ottomans, and above that: all the North-African nations survived throughout the game. Morocco beat back Morocco twice without help.

I'm baffled and happy to see that the UK for once managed to colonize something. Even if it's just a small part of Africa. What was once a very realistic scramble for africa in Vanilla, where Brits got a lot of it, and some of it also french and others, now usually ends up being French and Portogese Africa, if you don't try to save the continent so that this doesn't happen.

Hi Spoox,
What do you need to form Scandinavia? Wanna give it a try. Thank you.

well, I think I got a bit lucky on that side because I remember from vanilla Vic2 that it is usually a lot harder, in fact this was the first time that I managed to form Scandinavia. It was actually pretty early in the game, around 1850-1860 iirc. There were Danish pan-scandinavian nationalists that had occupied Copenhagen and were marching into Sweden. And then I recieved a "crown from the gutter" event (not sure that is the right name) and was able to form Scandinavia. I had Denmark and Sweden unified that way. After that I declared war on the Russian Empire to get my Finland cores. This was with help from France and Austria-Hungary who turned out to be very very reliable allies during the game, they backed me up during most of my major wars. So the alliance of Scandinavia/France/Austria-Hungary beat the Russian/UK/Italy alliance who were also at war with a Prussian/Ottoman alliance. Soon after that, I went for my Danish cores (Schleswig?) and again the great alliance won vs. Prussia and its allies. I had all my core territories around 1870-1875. I think it's very hard without a Crown from the gutter event and without the right allies. You must help them always whenever they are waging war, so that they are more likely to help you as well (at least that is what I like to think on how it works).

My CSA game, from the 1861 start. Probably the most fun i've had since this was the first time i've seen a great power fail so bad, they must've changed government type at least 20 times over the years.