• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
23toG.jpg
ZLOlS.jpg

Not bad for Persia, IMO.

117a4og.jpg

My lastest game.(PDM, pre Great war patch) It's about 1870-80 right now.
So far I have taken Cuba from Spain, Russian Columbia and Alaska by event from Russia, Belize, Hong Kong, Maritimes in Canada and by event British Columbia from UK, and my Manifest cores from Mexico. I have also freed Canada from UK, and plan to annex them later. These wars against European GPs has also led to all of Europe hating me, this because I have probably been at war with all of Europe at one point or another because of all their alliances. The only European nation wich i have 100-200 relations with is Prussia, wich was my ally in the war to free Canada.
My main objective for the game is to Kick out all European GPs from America, annex all of North America and have all of the Americas in my SOI(wich I almost have), and then maybe forming a Pacific Empire.
But trying to get any warscore against UK is harder than I anticipated, by occupying Canada i only get 13-15warscore at most, and my any naval invasion of the british home islands is out of the question as my navy get's destroyed by the British Navy in every war. So my plan is to invade India, Australia, New-Zealand and South Africa and get my warscore that way. This should be easy as I have Hong Kong, wich can be used as a staging point, and I have also completed the Panama Canal, making it possible to move my fleet to the west.
After Canada became a dominion they stole a lot of the European immigration too, but my wars against Canada seemed to get people to move back to immigrating to USA.
Also: France had a revolution and became a Absolutist Monarchy with the old French Royal flag. But later reformed to a Prussian Constitutionalism, but still kept their royal flag.

Last edited:
May your reign
Continue for a thousand, eight thousand generations,
Until the pebbles
Grow into boulders
Lush with moss
xrsP3.jpg

XpJ55.jpg

Kdjvy.jpg

My first game I played to the end. I really ejoyed this game, even though it become abit too easy in the end with a lot of money and soldiers. The biggest threat in the game was when China civilized pretty fast and became a great power and decided to get back it's lost regions. However against the technological superior forces of Japan they lost war after war and became a Japanese puppet. My goals were to release india and annex pretty much the rest of Asia but due to lack of Jingoism, time and cowardly indian rebels (I held india occupied for years and there were at least 90 brigades of indian rebels but as soon as the war was over they disappeared) I couldn't reach all of them.

Last edited:
The Empires of the World in 1912 from the Age of Industrialization MP game with AHD 2.21b:

V2_MAP_ENG_191211_1_resized.jpg

The countries played were: UK, France, Russia, Germany, Italy, Austria, OE, Greece, Spain, Portugal (Port. player switched to Spain in the last few sessions)

1912_scores.jpg

I was Britain, playing an unaligned world power and roleplaying by releasing Dominions and keeping India in poverty!

See here for the new AoI campaign thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ion-2-Fridays-from-20-30-ET-00-30-ET-AHD-2.31

Looks like a result of Brazil getting crushed by GB, but still nice for the AI.

You're partially right. GB smashing did help Argentina conquer that inner Brazil, but the real reason to me was the constant rebellions it had. Brazil and Denmark both colonized a nice pice of africa for themselves, so theres at least a bit of consolidation for poor brasil :sad:

My ongoing game as Two Sicilies/Italian Empire:

italy1.png

italy2.png

One of the first things I did in the game, in around 1835, was to declare a war of conquest against Tuscany. The previous time I tried a game as the Two Sicilies, it was a total nightmare playing diplo influence drama with France and Austria in the 6 other Italian states, where you have to gain sphere AND acquire land in Austria to establish Italy. The Austrians joined the war, but they were also fighting the Danes, and not doing so well (or something). I managed to get right of passage with the Papal States, and after occupying Tuscany, I added my cores in Lombardy as a wargoal. It was a bitch to win the war, but I managed to occupy enough lands in Austria. The Austrians had a tendency to avoid direct confrontations, in favor of a long route through Bavaria and Switzerland... by which time I was able to destroy a number of Austrian armies in Tuscany suffering from attrition.

The Austrian War lasted about 3 1/2 years but I prevailed (it's possible the Austrians were also fighting someone other than Denmark/Holstein, but I stopped paying attention to that and just focused on keeping my front lines stable). I actually considered that war to be easier than the 8 year diplo influence game I played with France. Getting Italian states out of Austrian sphere was actually very easy (they didn't even try to stop me), but France's AI is EVIL when you try to get Sardinia/Papal States over to you. When they started matching my focus on Papal States, I'd switch to Sardinia. When they switched to match me, I switched to Switzerland (they sphered Switzerland). Eventually I got lucky and they started focusing somewhere else. Took 8 years of French BS, but I sphered Italy.

I saved up most of my research points during 1869 to get Machine Guns as soon as possible in 1870. I conquered Sokoto and Ethiopia during the 1860s to colonize 3 adjacent regions and get the ball rolling. Due to the fact I placed a brigade on the coastline of each uncolonized region in Africa, I was largely able to establish a dominant colonial position in Africa. The Germans did colonize Ghana and Warri, but they got involved in a war against France, the UK, Russia, Austria, the Ottomans, and a dozen small nations. Needless to say, France called for my support, and I was able to demand those colonial concessions.

I've spent most of the game consolidating my position, building a massive military, and keeping my navy updated (I've routinely destroyed old, obsolete ships while producing equal numbers of new, more powerful ones). I routinely keep my standings with UK, France, Russia, Germany, and America at 200. I have the Ottomans sphered, and if I see anyone putting influence points there, I ban their embassy, refocus my influence to the Ottomans to replenish my points, and then boost standings with the guy whose embassy I banned (90% of the time it's Russia trying to re-sphere Ottomans).

If you can manage to sphere Italy and gain Lombardy, playing Two Sicilies is really quite fun!

Last edited:
I'd like to post a screenshot of my Italian empire, but when I hit the "print screen" while in game, all that pastes to my paint program is a screenshot of my desktop... and there's nothing in my "screenshots" folder in my Paradoxian directory. I'm using 2.31 or whatever the newest version of House Divided is, I'm on a Windows 7 PC, and I am using a legitimate, normal V2. This is most likely the wrong spot to get an answer, but is anyone else having this problem?

Press f11 for a screenshot, and f12 for a world map.

Thanks for the tip, but I went to the customization tab in properties for the V2:AHD executable file, and checked "disable desktop composition." However, when I tab out, my Windows 7 is using a basic color version (when I quit V2, it goes back to normal). So I'll undo what I did and use your suggestion. Thanks!

May your reign
Continue for a thousand, eight thousand generations,
Until the pebbles
Grow into boulders
Lush with moss
xrsP3.jpg

XpJ55.jpg

Kdjvy.jpg

My first game I played to the end. I really ejoyed this game, even though it become abit too easy in the end with a lot of money and soldiers. The biggest threat in the game was when China civilized pretty fast and became a great power and decided to get back it's lost regions. However against the technological superior forces of Japan they lost war after war and became a Japanese puppet. My goals were to release india and annex pretty much the rest of Asia but due to lack of Jingoism, time and cowardly indian rebels (I held india occupied for years and there were at least 90 brigades of indian rebels but as soon as the war was over they disappeared) I couldn't reach all of them.

Very nice Japan! It looks like you worked hard at trying to recreate with a good deal of accuracy the borders of Japan circa 1942.

I've tried playing Japan a couple times. I've been patient enough to westernize, but could you give me any strategy tips? Like, do you remember how you managed to acquire all of that? Was it sheer luck of certain nations not being allied/sphered, or was there a particular strategy of expansion you were going for?

v2_119.jpg

I'm not sure what to do for the next 66 years(since I've reolved to not conquer any non-European territory). I could conquer Russia, but that's annoying as hell...

Also, I've passed all reforms except 2, and I'm still not getting immigrants...is this because of my infamy?

Take GB, Spain, the rest of France, and Sweden.
Then Germanize EVERYTHING.

I can't get enough Warscore to take ANYTHING off GB due to their infinite number of provinces...also, I really dislike large naval maneuvers

I can try to free Morocco, Philippines, and Cuba and then conquer all of Spain except for Madrid...same goes for Portugal
I bet that, even with just Paris and her random TOMs, France will remain a GP, so I can't puppet it.

As for Sweden, I was considering that(for the literacy), but it'd be disconnected because Denmark is in the way.

Also, the game seems to REALLY hate the thought of increasing my font size.

AHD completed game #2

japan1936.jpg

Turning Africa into states put my literacy in the dump late game, but I was already done researching, so didn't bother to raise education funding. Industry was fairly balanced... USA, France, and I were virtually tied, with Germany and UK being a bit ahead of us.

V2_MAP_JAP_19351230_1.jpg

I got one of my two cores back from Russia, but then they wised up and got some strong alliances so I left them alone for the other one. England and Austria ate them up a bit in the same war, then Austria got beat up a little by Germany.

Russia and USA did exceptionally horrible this game, neither were really even powerful. Russia had millions of men, but that is it, and USA had lots of influence and good industry, but not nearly enough military to contend with the big boys. They actually had several wars with Mexico, but never could beat them badly enough to take their cores.

Germany, Gran Columbia, and Italy all formed without my intervention, and also Iceland got released at some point as well.