• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice game. Did you play with a mod?

Nope, it was Vanilla. I did give Columbia some Anglo-Canadian pops to start with, otherwise your only culture is Native American and you'd be dependent on migration for any accepted culture pops. Allying with the US or Great Britain initially is essential. I found the US to be better allies, mainly because you can get them to fight off the UK for the Canadian territory while your one brigade slowly occupies territory.

What makes Columbia and Canada easy in this game is your population. It's nice and low, so assimilation seems to happen really quickly and literacy rockets up quick. It's very easy to be the world tech leader. Your problem, of course, is the same as your blessing. The low population means tax base, industrialising, and maintaining a military are really difficult. The first thirty years are very slow and you're constantly running the line near bankruptcy, then all of a sudden you're steamrolling.

Nope, it was Vanilla. I did give Columbia some Anglo-Canadian pops to start with, otherwise your only culture is Native American and you'd be dependent on migration for any accepted culture pops. Allying with the US or Great Britain initially is essential. I found the US to be better allies, mainly because you can get them to fight off the UK for the Canadian territory while your one brigade slowly occupies territory.

What makes Columbia and Canada easy in this game is your population. It's nice and low, so assimilation seems to happen really quickly and literacy rockets up quick. It's very easy to be the world tech leader. Your problem, of course, is the same as your blessing. The low population means tax base, industrialising, and maintaining a military are really difficult. The first thirty years are very slow and you're constantly running the line near bankruptcy, then all of a sudden you're steamrolling.

Nice, thanks for the info. I might just give Canada or Columbia a go.

My latest game:
The United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and France, in the year 1871.
Allies: Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Bavaria, Portugal, Greece.
Sphere(in Europe): Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece.

My idea was not a WC as UK, but rather a alternative history where the British Monarchy resumed the claim on the French Throne.
As for the rest of Europe I did have a hand in making Belgium the monster it is(In the sense that I called it into the war with France and accepted it's terms in the peace deal with France. But Belgium also helped me get a foothold in France in the first place), and also helped Italy get some provinces from Austria. Besides that the rest happened by it self.
My infamy is also less than 25, and have at moste been around 30.
svrvbb.jpg

Last edited:
My latest game:
The United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and France, in the year 1871.
Allies: Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Bavaria, Portugal, Greece.
Sphere(in Europe): Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece.

My idea was not a WC as UK, but rather a alternative history where the British Monarchy resumed the claim on the French Throne.
As for the rest of Europe I did have a hand in making Belgium the monster it is(In the sense that I called it into the war with France and accepted it's terms in the peace deal with France. But Belgium also helped me get a foothold in France in the first place), and also helped Italy get some provinces from Austria. Besides that the rest happened by it self.
My infamy is also less than 25, and have at moste been around 30.
Well, you should get the job finished then! :D

PW5XS.jpg

Germany, 1925. The game started normally but after I formed NGF I got into a war between France an Austria around 1850. After I won, I took A-L, asserted Hegemony, and took most of Austria proper to deprive them of Germans. I then formed Germany. Italy also formed and have been phasing in and out of being a GP. In the late 1870s I got into a great war with France, Austria, GB, and more. Thread about it. After the war, I dismantled Austria, took Heligoland, freed Norway, and gave Denmark Geatland.
QsbPe.jpg

bhv8w.jpg
Africa.
iDS26.jpg

gGmNm.jpg
North America.

Later, GB kept warring with me to get back Heligoland. These ended with the freeing of Scotland and the US taking BC. While this was happening, Russia annexed Lapland, Italy annexed Croatia and the Slovene coast, China and Japan Civilized, and Poland kept trying to take Moravia from Bohemia so they puppeted Poland. I have puppeted the Netherlands and the former lands of the A-H are now in my sphere. Persia also civilized and we have been BFFs ever since. Italy did the dumbest thing imaginable and DOW'd France for Provence. They ended up have Piedmont taken by France, Trieste taken by Russia, and their Algeria taken by Algeria. the rest of Sweden got annexed by Denmark and I annexed the rest of Austria
RDO9K.jpg

wRLLt.jpg
Diplomacy (I am also allied with the US).
GXPiN.jpg
Central Asia.

At one point I found Russia involved in a great war along with France against GB, China, and Japan. This was my chance. I mobilized and positioned my troops on the borders and DOW'd Russia for the release of Poland. France was an utter pushover in France but in Piedmont we had battles theat lasted the whole war with hundred of thousands of troops on each side. Russia got steamrolled by my alliance. In the end, I had the OE take the east coast of the Black sea, Persia take Armenia and Azerbaijan, Italy (who had a truce with France and thus could not fight) take back Trieste and Piedmont, Norway take Lapland, Spain take Aquitaine, etc... It was awesome.
U6x7o
I now plan on invading Britain through Scotland.
vwDJr.jpg
So many rebels. T_T

Here is my Empire, Oranje

DD12A11045DA8693C4C1A301F9BC477199216542
It's 1908 and I think I did pretty well, I took over Transvaal and Zulu early on and took the British regions bit by bit until they had no claim, which I think was about 6 years before I could colonize.

4B3F84D72CADFC0FC695C6B8BAF239EE3C9EF231
I took over Washington in America so I could take the uncolonized areas of Alaska and Canada, in which I freed Canada and freed British Colombia about 6 months back, I hope to use the Free People button against the UK a few times until Canada have their country back and then I'll probably take them over region by region, we'll see ^_^

B7609D82A4308AC96959C3061E19FBB5F0C09E53
I took over Palestine and freed Israel and I wanted to see if I could free Lebanon and Syria, sadly not and the Ottoman took back Northern Syria while I had the UK as my war leader, they did nothing and agreed to let the Ottoman have it ._.

EEDD21CCC5389EE16530B1D97247208438FC9C60
Took over parts of Bavaria when Prussia was on the map, keep getting revolts there and CBF going to fix them, hope to conquest all of Bavaria and give it back so they can keep it, useless to me TBH.

I also keep getting attacked by the Germans, Russians, English and French in my containment and when I have the USA as my war leader, it usually goes ahead... for 4 years.

Here is my Empire, Oranje

DD12A11045DA8693C4C1A301F9BC477199216542
It's 1908 and I think I did pretty well, I took over Transvaal and Zulu early on and took the British regions bit by bit until they had no claim, which I think was about 6 years before I could colonize.

4B3F84D72CADFC0FC695C6B8BAF239EE3C9EF231
I took over Washington in America so I could take the uncolonized areas of Alaska and Canada, in which I freed Canada and freed British Colombia about 6 months back, I hope to use the Free People button against the UK a few times until Canada have their country back and then I'll probably take them over region by region, we'll see ^_^

B7609D82A4308AC96959C3061E19FBB5F0C09E53
I took over Palestine and freed Israel and I wanted to see if I could free Lebanon and Syria, sadly not and the Ottoman took back Northern Syria while I had the UK as my war leader, they did nothing and agreed to let the Ottoman have it ._.

EEDD21CCC5389EE16530B1D97247208438FC9C60
Took over parts of Bavaria when Prussia was on the map, keep getting revolts there and CBF going to fix them, hope to conquest all of Bavaria and give it back so they can keep it, useless to me TBH.

I also keep getting attacked by the Germans, Russians, English and French in my containment and when I have the USA as my war leader, it usually goes ahead... for 4 years.

How'd you kick Britain out of S. Africa?

It's a bot with bad grammar that wants to spam about amazon
Canadiancommie Y U NO GEORGIA FINLAND AND KAZAKHSTAN!

I had just annexed Poland, Belarus and the Ukraine, give me a break man :D I've also got to fight mega-Germany for part of Poland and Scandinavia (allied with the UK) for Ingria and Finland. Tough times ahead for the Union :sad:

I had just annexed Poland, Belarus and the Ukraine, give me a break man :D I've also got to fight mega-Germany for part of Poland and Scandinavia (allied with the UK) for Ingria and Finland. Tough times ahead for the Union :sad:
A true soviet does not give up :p