• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
LMAO Japanese Congo.

Felt like something relatively straightforward for my first AHD game, so I went for Argentina.

V2_MAP_ARG_193611_2.jpg

(check out my colony!!)

>argentine empire
>no falkland islands

Boy, you dun goof'd.

Here's my Brazilian Empire, which was peaceful, apart from my annexation of Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay, and almost all of Argentina. Truly, I could have done better. I'd normally own Amazonas, all of Argentina, Guivares, the Guyanas, and most of Venezuela! But for a (semi)peaceful buildup on AHD, it was fairly fun. But damn if being unable to get any social reforms through didn't annoy me to all high heaven though. I did end up in 2nd place though, only losing out to the US because they outdreadnought-spammed me.

V2_MAP_BRZ_193611_2.png

Lol Sweden did good in your game huh? Also as usual Germany can´t get colonies...

If you want to try to colonize Africa, tip: get those territories that Oman has. From there you cancolonize some of the best regions of Africa.

Lol Sweden did good in your game huh? Also as usual Germany can´t get colonies...

If you want to try to colonize Africa, tip: get those territories that Oman has. From there you cancolonize some of the best regions of Africa.

Actually, Sweden got their asses handed to them, and I have no idea how they formed Scandinavia. For example, Germany forced them to release Jylland, and have gotten overrun by France, Britain, Germany, and even Russia(Russia in this game was terrible). Germany was actually the first to start colonizing and got Western Sahara, and had started to colonize other parts of the Sahara around 1871.

But then France happened.

France took Western Sahara from Germany a few days before Germany completed it's colonization of the Saharan interior, and not only did they lose their only colony, they were now out of range to colonize ANYTHING. Poor, poor Germany. To add insult to injury, Austria went Mongol on Italy and took everything north of Florence save for Nice and almost took Provence from the French immediately after the French beat Germany. They had destroyed the French armies and were at the gates of Paris when they settled for Alsace-Lorraine when they already added the war goal for Provence. As to Africa, I purposely stayed the hell away and kept my focus on the New World. The last time I played a Brazil game, my portion of Africa was more or less demilitarized save for 60,000 troops. I only owned the Southern(useful) half of West Africa.

And again, the French happened :( There isn't a smiley with enough tears to show my cringing for when France stampeded across the Sahara with a horde of 200,000 men. That was in Vanilla V2 though. Overall, AHD is a lot more realistic, but the only way I even raised my literacy at all was through migrant clergy, so until the patch happens(thankfully very soon :D), I'm not playing anything not in the New World or north of Spain and West of Austria.

I should probably add a little bit more detail to my game. The US had more or less given up on influencing Latin America; I owned everything south of the Mexican-American border indirectly via sphere. I also owned Japan and Korea, Egypt, Ethiopia, and I (used) to own most of the Chinese minors. Up until China united and put the curbstomp with its industrial score. They where inevitably going to be in the top 4(USA, Brazil, UK, Austria) with 10 more years. Russia wasn't even a GP most of the game, while France did what it did historically and fell from grace gradually, but damn if it didn't drag Germany with it kicking and screaming. Scandinavia spent its time as GP #6 most of the game despite not having a standing army for most of the game as well. Austria was the scariest GP up until 1900, when the US took over. The pecking order by the time the game ended was US, Brazil, UK, Austria, France, Germany, China, Scandinavia.

The really weird thing about my game was that Russia used to own almost all of Japan, and infact, half of Japan was Russian-plurality, and so were 2 provinces in China that had over 2 million POPs each. European Russia didn't have a single province with a population over 80k POPs. It annoyed me enough that I sphered Japan and went on a liberation spree using my shiny new dreadnoughts in the 1930s. I wiped out and trapped the Russian fleet while trapping Russian armies on Hokkaido while the Japanese destroyed their armies with a +6 general. Scary stuff that.

Last edited:
Nothing particularly impressive, but it was hard work for me! I'm still not very good at Vicky2. :laugh: Plus Great Britain had almost half of the known world sphered...

207n5s7.jpg

Managed to finish westernizing a bit after 1900. Let fascist rebs win on purpose. I totally admit to abusing dreadnoughts to get into secondary power status. :laugh: I finished researching them in like 1933 and spent all my money building as many as I could... took me from 30 military score to 180. Way too OP.

2i54j6.jpg

And here's Europe.

ke9pft.jpg

Can we see a world map?

1646tz.jpg

Edit: Notes!

I'm not sure how Germany formed tbh... they went straight from Prussia to Germany I think without NGF, so I guess crown from the gutter... they did have Alsace-Lorraine though. Took Jutland and freed Iceland/Greenland, which I thought was cute. China didn't civ until the 30's; I was allied with them literally from day 1, but I don't think they ever fought a war. USA and Mexico were at war with Venezuela for maybe 40 years over a debt. They never invaded, and never peaced out, and Venez was occupied by rebels the whole time so the AI might have bugged out and not realized what was going on. GBR did so poorly because the home islands were occupied by anarcho-liberals for decades, except for London, where the UK had its entire army. :laugh:

Last edited:
Protip: When having your entire army in London, I suggest using some of it to stop the rebellion elsewhere in Britain.

Edit: Notes!

I'm not sure how Germany formed tbh... they went straight from Prussia to Germany I think without NGF, so I guess crown from the gutter... they did have Alsace-Lorraine though. Took Jutland and freed Iceland/Greenland, which I thought was cute. China didn't civ until the 30's; I was allied with them literally from day 1, but I don't think they ever fought a war. USA and Mexico were at war with Venezuela for maybe 40 years over a debt. They never invaded, and never peaced out, and Venez was occupied by rebels the whole time so the AI might have bugged out and not realized what was going on. GBR did so poorly because the home islands were occupied by anarcho-liberals for decades, except for London, where the UK had its entire army. :laugh:

Is that German Africa or Vietnamese Africa?