• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
BA0LU.jpg

Obama has been playing with his time machine again.

I played all day and just finished my first AHD game :D It was thoroughly compelling throughout and I could barely look away from the screen.

This is how mighty Persia ended up. I found myself, over the years, at war with Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. Britain and Russia were terrifically brutal fights, and Italy was worst of all. France never showed up for the party! In the last decade or so I disregarded infamy and acquired provinces, namely the 2/3 of Iraq I had not yet seized from the Ottomans, and nobody cared to start any trouble with me over it :D

Sadly although I forged Persia into a truly impressive war machine that could stand against any other power on land, we were never able to get our economy really moving, so the puny Industrial score you see there is as high as it ever got.

v2_1.png

V2_MAP_PER_193375_1.png

I would say crown of the gutter
v21q.png

but you are an empire

so I will say cheating. I mean, seriously.

it's neither crown from the gutter nor cheating i assure you its just that i
had an army and it mainly consisted of prussian soldiers:D declared war on
austria from day 1, destroyed their armies (surround them then (b)eat them)
divided my armies into tiny little brigades so that the occupation process
would be quick. assert hegemony and humiliate. then took back my armies placed them along french border (all except saarbrucken) i dowed on france and
luckily austria joined them instantly.

i ambushed a rather large french army in saarbrucken (again surrounding all
adjacent cities) while my german allies fought against austria but this time
had to raise all possible brigades(thank you paradox) and mobilize. After i
inflicted enough pain and embarresment upon french i went on to deal with
austria.they had already lost their great power status so i added an "add to
sphere" war goal(i hadno time to justify so that cost me a lot of badboy)
firsti ended things with austria adding them to my sphere then signed a peace
treaty with france gaining alsace lorraine and then it was just a matter of
clicking on"three hurrah for germany" event.

and as for your accusations of cheating ,sir, i have to say "just take a look at my infamy" :D

Last edited:
would be quick. assert hegemony and humiliate. then took back my armies placed them along french border (all except saarbrucken) i dowed on france and

and as for your accusations of cheating ,sir, i have to say "just take a look at my infamy" :D

Why you have no Schleswig?

Why you have no Schleswig?

i dont know perhaps it's because i didn't fight against them but i have formed greater germany many times (although just once for now in AHD) denmark has never conceded it to me i just sphered denmark then holstein and after assert hegemont formed NGF i dont know if there's any other reason but it must be because i never dowed on them

i dont know perhaps it's because i didn't fight against them but i have formed greater germany many times (although just once for now in AHD) denmark has never conceded it to me i just sphered denmark then holstein and after assert hegemont formed NGF i dont know if there's any other reason but it must be because i never dowed on them
Ah ok it's because you sphered Denmark. With Denmark sphered Schleswig counts towards the decision but you don't annex it.

My first V2 game and first AHD game. I picked easiest of all -- Britain, and by 1846, I'm doing pretty well! ^_^

Britain's many colonial/dominion divisions -- Set by me. And yes, that's Greece as a satellite. I also have Two Sicilies in my sphere aswell as Tibet and Xinjiang (substates of China, duh)

How did you annex the Indian sattelites?

How did you annex Burma?

Piggybacking on glitching. When I started the game, all of the Indian minors under my sphere of influence fired that annexation event.

I was amazed and a bit annoyed. ._.

Though I don't normally accuse people of cheating I find this rather obvious:
1) Once you’ve beaten the Austrian armies, there’ll be another huge wave of them once they have recruited all of their possible brigades
2) You said you ended up with the assert hegemony and humiliation CB – so why did they join your war against France? I mean they weren’t in your sphere. In addition to this gaining the 50 extra war score for
adding them to your sphere is close to impossible to achieve before 1840.
3) After fighting all of Austria your army should actually be quiet small, so I don’t see how you’d managed to beat France so quickly. I mean seriously, they have at least 100 brigades.

Adding on: Except for Gwalior who wasn't in my sphere. I had to manually annex the rest of India, but I annexed Panjab diplomatically (once again causing the India annexation glitch. It only happened in this game, I tried six other Britain games and none did it)

Though I don't normally accuse people of cheating I find this rather obvious:
1) Once you’ve beaten the Austrian armies, there’ll be another huge wave of them once they have recruited all of their possible brigades
2) You said you ended up with the assert hegemony and humiliation CB – so why did they join your war against France? I mean they weren’t in your sphere. In addition to this gaining the 50 extra war score for
adding them to your sphere is close to impossible to achieve before 1840.
3) After fighting all of Austria your army should actually be quiet small, so I don’t see how you’d managed to beat France so quickly. I mean seriously, they have at least 100 brigades.

1)Not if you divide your armies into 1 brigade per army and spread them all over austria the brigades they've recruited will be destroyed by your fully organized armies even thought they are just 3000 men

2)Austria didn't join me they joined france and gaining 50 war score against austria is very much possible i assure you just just let bavaria,wurttemberg,baden denmark and hungary (i forgot to mention that one earlier, in addition to ah and hum. i also added "free people" if i remember correct this is a prerequisite for grossdeutschland) occupy AUS armies and when you have beaten and occupied enough of france just leave an adequate force in there and then with your already mobilized
army invade the rest of the austria

3)when i was done with AUS in the first war i only lost 4-5 brigades and when i dowed france they had 79 brigades against my 45 or so and they didn't mobilize right away.I ambushed a really large army in saarbrucken using bavarian owned kaiserslautern and surrounded them completely then i left 1 brigade per city adjacent to saarbrucken and did a bloody battle and since they werent allowed to retreat to any army-present province they were destroyed then i used the same tactic in somewhere near the belgian border(they had a military access with them) only when they lost some 40 brigades did they finally mobilized. I did the same although i used them mainly in austria because by the time they mobilized i was already nearing paris and using the armies i recruited before i mobilized i was able to beat them i few times and that was enough for them to sign a peace but i waited to invade all of austria all over again and destroy their armies (they mobilized but still had only 24 brigades) and when i've had enough war score first i added them to my sphere (didn't have time justifiy it hence my INFAMY)and then signed a treaty with france taking from them alcase lorraine and that's it

I played all day and just finished my first AHD game :D It was thoroughly compelling throughout and I could barely look away from the screen.

This is how mighty Persia ended up. I found myself, over the years, at war with Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. Britain and Russia were terrifically brutal fights, and Italy was worst of all. France never showed up for the party! In the last decade or so I disregarded infamy and acquired provinces, namely the 2/3 of Iraq I had not yet seized from the Ottomans, and nobody cared to start any trouble with me over it :D

Sadly although I forged Persia into a truly impressive war machine that could stand against any other power on land, we were never able to get our economy really moving, so the puny Industrial score you see there is as high as it ever got.

v2_1.png

V2_MAP_PER_193375_1.png

That's an impressive Persia. I tend to go for arabia rather than Central Asia.

v2_1.png

V2_MAP_PER_193375_1.png

Nooooo! That's what I was gonna do with my Persia, lol its fine. I just seen a spoiler of what my Persia is gonna look like :p

I started my first AHD game as Persia, with plans similar to the Persia above. However, at one point I realized that even though Persia starts at 20% Westernized, Afghanistan was way ahead. So I ditched Persia and started a new game as Afghanistan!

Westernization was easier than with Persia. Less money trouble, no big rebellions, and IIRC I westernized about 40 years into the game. Starting at 15% literacy was so much better than Persia's 5%. After westernizing I remained a Secondary Power for the rest of the game. I own southern Vietnam because it was the easiest place to get rubber at the time, which I needed to get tanks and airplanes. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to use them in a war :(.
uVBEC.jpg
84UFR.png

FG831.png

Why is Persia so popular? :wacko:

Well, anyway, here's mine.
v28x.jpg

Westernisation was painfully slow. Was done around 1890-1900. While waiting I annexed Afghanistan, Kalat, Makran and Sindh.
After westernising, I have attacked the Ottomans repeatedly (which were allied with NGF which dropped a 72K force in southern Persia. Fun times.)
Getting my industry going wasn't actually too hard. It's keeping it going that was annoying.
v29t.jpg

Got GP status around 1920. I couldn't hope to make better than 7th by that time. So it was a fight between me and Mexico for the 7th place which I won. Dreadnought spam FTW!