+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 14 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your AHD Empire

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

To celebrate Canada Day today, here is a map of a game I'm playing right now as Columbia, showing a completely dismembered Canada!

Date is 1901. Columbia was probably one of the more boring starts I've played. You only have a few thousand people and very low literacy. It took a lot of work to manipulate my American allies to do all the fighting taking on Russia and the UK for me. I hit Great Power status briefly, but I just don't have the army growth to keep up with the big boys. Currently a great war is waging in Europe between a Russian/Austrian alliance and North German/Great Britain alliance. Looks like a lot of borders will be shifting, so I'll probably post up a world map once the game is done.

Fun things to notice in this map... Iceland became independent after Denmark collapsed. Though they still own Greenland, it's been occupied by communist rebels for over 10 years now. Gran Colombia formed and ate up Colombia and Venezuela. Russia and Mexico took offence and divvied up some territory between them after smacking Gran Colombia down. I don't know when and how Panama became indpendent. The US controls the canal.

Up north, the CSA was initially very successful in the Civil War, but they fizzled off in a second war with the US, and eventually collapsed to rebels.... Facists are everywhere in this game... The CSA doesn't stay on the map much past this date.

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone else noticed how insanely aggressive Russia is in AHD? Every game I play they're constantly annexing pieces of China and Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegachicken View Post
    My 2nd game ever! Played as Two Sicilies & Italy.
    Nice job for your second playthrough! Italy can be a pain depending on how strong Austria is and how much France hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by MondoPotato View Post
    To celebrate Canada Day today, here is a map of a game I'm playing right now as Columbia, showing a completely dismembered Canada!

Nice game. Did you play with a mod?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Fire and Ash View Post
    Nice game. Did you play with a mod?
    Nope, it was Vanilla. I did give Columbia some Anglo-Canadian pops to start with, otherwise your only culture is Native American and you'd be dependent on migration for any accepted culture pops. Allying with the US or Great Britain initially is essential. I found the US to be better allies, mainly because you can get them to fight off the UK for the Canadian territory while your one brigade slowly occupies territory.

What makes Columbia and Canada easy in this game is your population. It's nice and low, so assimilation seems to happen really quickly and literacy rockets up quick. It's very easy to be the world tech leader. Your problem, of course, is the same as your blessing. The low population means tax base, industrialising, and maintaining a military are really difficult. The first thirty years are very slow and you're constantly running the line near bankruptcy, then all of a sudden you're steamrolling.

Quote Originally Posted by MondoPotato View Post
    Nope, it was Vanilla. I did give Columbia some Anglo-Canadian pops to start with, otherwise your only culture is Native American and you'd be dependent on migration for any accepted culture pops. Allying with the US or Great Britain initially is essential. I found the US to be better allies, mainly because you can get them to fight off the UK for the Canadian territory while your one brigade slowly occupies territory.

What makes Columbia and Canada easy in this game is your population. It's nice and low, so assimilation seems to happen really quickly and literacy rockets up quick. It's very easy to be the world tech leader. Your problem, of course, is the same as your blessing. The low population means tax base, industrialising, and maintaining a military are really difficult. The first thirty years are very slow and you're constantly running the line near bankruptcy, then all of a sudden you're steamrolling.
    Nice, thanks for the info. I might just give Canada or Columbia a go.

My latest game:
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and France, in the year 1871.
    Allies: Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Bavaria, Portugal, Greece.
    Sphere(in Europe): Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece.

My idea was not a WC as UK, but rather a alternative history where the British Monarchy resumed the claim on the French Throne.
    As for the rest of Europe I did have a hand in making Belgium the monster it is(In the sense that I called it into the war with France and accepted it's terms in the peace deal with France. But Belgium also helped me get a foothold in France in the first place), and also helped Italy get some provinces from Austria. Besides that the rest happened by it self.
    My infamy is also less than 25, and have at moste been around 30.
    Last edited by lol887; 02-07-2012 at 01:15.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

There really is an unnatural beauty to that Belgium that's priceless.

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lol887 View Post
    My latest game:
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain, Ireland and France, in the year 1871.
    Allies: Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Bavaria, Portugal, Greece.
    Sphere(in Europe): Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Greece.

My idea was not a WC as UK, but rather a alternative history where the British Monarchy resumed the claim on the French Throne.
    As for the rest of Europe I did have a hand in making Belgium the monster it is(In the sense that I called it into the war with France and accepted it's terms in the peace deal with France. But Belgium also helped me get a foothold in France in the first place), and also helped Italy get some provinces from Austria. Besides that the rest happened by it self.
    My infamy is also less than 25, and have at moste been around 30.
    Well, you should get the job finished then!

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Why haven't you taken your Irredentia cores?
    France, UK, Austria, Russia, Spain, and the Ottomans have formed a super coalition against anything me and Germany try to do. Even then Germany has a nasty habit of not backing me up on wars, and doesnt even invite me to wars that it is losing.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Omegachicken View Post
    France, UK, Austria, Russia, Spain, and the Ottomans have formed a super coalition against anything me and Germany try to do. Even then Germany has a nasty habit of not backing me up on wars, and doesnt even invite me to wars that it is losing.
    AI never calls allies after the war has started.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Germany, 1925. The game started normally but after I formed NGF I got into a war between France an Austria around 1850. After I won, I took A-L, asserted Hegemony, and took most of Austria proper to deprive them of Germans. I then formed Germany. Italy also formed and have been phasing in and out of being a GP. In the late 1870s I got into a great war with France, Austria, GB, and more. Thread about it. After the war, I dismantled Austria, took Heligoland, freed Norway, and gave Denmark Geatland.

Africa.

North America.

Later, GB kept warring with me to get back Heligoland. These ended with the freeing of Scotland and the US taking BC. While this was happening, Russia annexed Lapland, Italy annexed Croatia and the Slovene coast, China and Japan Civilized, and Poland kept trying to take Moravia from Bohemia so they puppeted Poland. I have puppeted the Netherlands and the former lands of the A-H are now in my sphere. Persia also civilized and we have been BFFs ever since. Italy did the dumbest thing imaginable and DOW'd France for Provence. They ended up have Piedmont taken by France, Trieste taken by Russia, and their Algeria taken by Algeria. the rest of Sweden got annexed by Denmark and I annexed the rest of Austria

Diplomacy (I am also allied with the US).

Central Asia.

At one point I found Russia involved in a great war along with France against GB, China, and Japan. This was my chance. I mobilized and positioned my troops on the borders and DOW'd Russia for the release of Poland. France was an utter pushover in France but in Piedmont we had battles theat lasted the whole war with hundred of thousands of troops on each side. Russia got steamrolled by my alliance. In the end, I had the OE take the east coast of the Black sea, Persia take Armenia and Azerbaijan, Italy (who had a truce with France and thus could not fight) take back Trieste and Piedmont, Norway take Lapland, Spain take Aquitaine, etc... It was awesome.

I now plan on invading Britain through Scotland.

So many rebels. T_T

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Here is my Empire, Oranje

It's 1908 and I think I did pretty well, I took over Transvaal and Zulu early on and took the British regions bit by bit until they had no claim, which I think was about 6 years before I could colonize.

I took over Washington in America so I could take the uncolonized areas of Alaska and Canada, in which I freed Canada and freed British Colombia about 6 months back, I hope to use the Free People button against the UK a few times until Canada have their country back and then I'll probably take them over region by region, we'll see ^_^

I took over Palestine and freed Israel and I wanted to see if I could free Lebanon and Syria, sadly not and the Ottoman took back Northern Syria while I had the UK as my war leader, they did nothing and agreed to let the Ottoman have it ._.

Took over parts of Bavaria when Prussia was on the map, keep getting revolts there and CBF going to fix them, hope to conquest all of Bavaria and give it back so they can keep it, useless to me TBH.

I also keep getting attacked by the Germans, Russians, English and French in my containment and when I have the USA as my war leader, it usually goes ahead... for 4 years.

Second Lieutenant CanadianCommie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

My Soviet Union in 1916, as part of my AAR.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by rowanquigley View Post
    Here is my Empire, Oranje

It's 1908 and I think I did pretty well, I took over Transvaal and Zulu early on and took the British regions bit by bit until they had no claim, which I think was about 6 years before I could colonize.

I took over Washington in America so I could take the uncolonized areas of Alaska and Canada, in which I freed Canada and freed British Colombia about 6 months back, I hope to use the Free People button against the UK a few times until Canada have their country back and then I'll probably take them over region by region, we'll see ^_^

I took over Palestine and freed Israel and I wanted to see if I could free Lebanon and Syria, sadly not and the Ottoman took back Northern Syria while I had the UK as my war leader, they did nothing and agreed to let the Ottoman have it ._.

Took over parts of Bavaria when Prussia was on the map, keep getting revolts there and CBF going to fix them, hope to conquest all of Bavaria and give it back so they can keep it, useless to me TBH.

I also keep getting attacked by the Germans, Russians, English and French in my containment and when I have the USA as my war leader, it usually goes ahead... for 4 years.
    How'd you kick Britain out of S. Africa?
    "No. It is my sole ambition in life to go around forums and give false information to new people like op!" - cacra

Return of the Spartiates - An EU:Rome Spartan AAR - On Hold
    - Nominated winner of AAR weekly showcase Feb. 16, 2014

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
    [IMG]

I'd kill for my games to have such nice African borders.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Links are broken.
    It's a bot with bad grammar that wants to spam about amazon
    Canadiancommie Y U NO GEORGIA FINLAND AND KAZAKHSTAN!
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Second Lieutenant CanadianCommie's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    It's a bot with bad grammar that wants to spam about amazon
    Canadiancommie Y U NO GEORGIA FINLAND AND KAZAKHSTAN!
    I had just annexed Poland, Belarus and the Ukraine, give me a break man I've also got to fight mega-Germany for part of Poland and Scandinavia (allied with the UK) for Ingria and Finland. Tough times ahead for the Union

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

I had just annexed Poland, Belarus and the Ukraine, give me a break man I've also got to fight mega-Germany for part of Poland and Scandinavia (allied with the UK) for Ingria and Finland. Tough times ahead for the Union
    A true soviet does not give up
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by wriener View Post
    How'd you kick Britain out of S. Africa?
    You fight bloody hard against them, I also had Russia, France and the US on my side, some how.

That USA looks like an angry elephant spraying water.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 86 FirstFirst ... 14 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 64 ... LastLast