+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1711

Thread: Post your AHD Empire

  1. #21


    Obama has been playing with his time machine again.

  2. #22
    Tsar of all slavs palmus's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Skövde, Sweden
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cain View Post
    first game as prussia>NGF>GrossDeutschland with emphasis on date
    I have never succeeded with this. Well done, mate.
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Socialist
    Issues: State Capitalism/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: The Office
    Cash Reserves: 10£
    Revoltrisk: 0%
    Militancy: 1 (+3.00)
    Consciousness: 10 (+1.00)

  3. #23
    Corporal Auricom Systems's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Commonwealth of Cascadia
    Posts
    45
    I played all day and just finished my first AHD game It was thoroughly compelling throughout and I could barely look away from the screen.

    This is how mighty Persia ended up. I found myself, over the years, at war with Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. Britain and Russia were terrifically brutal fights, and Italy was worst of all. France never showed up for the party! In the last decade or so I disregarded infamy and acquired provinces, namely the 2/3 of Iraq I had not yet seized from the Ottomans, and nobody cared to start any trouble with me over it

    Sadly although I forged Persia into a truly impressive war machine that could stand against any other power on land, we were never able to get our economy really moving, so the puny Industrial score you see there is as high as it ever got.




  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Arathian View Post
    I would say crown of the gutter



    but you are an empire


    so I will say cheating. I mean, seriously.
    it's neither crown from the gutter nor cheating i assure you its just that i
    had an army and it mainly consisted of prussian soldiers declared war on
    austria from day 1, destroyed their armies (surround them then (b)eat them)
    divided my armies into tiny little brigades so that the occupation process
    would be quick. assert hegemony and humiliate. then took back my armies placed them along french border (all except saarbrucken) i dowed on france and
    luckily austria joined them instantly.

    i ambushed a rather large french army in saarbrucken (again surrounding all
    adjacent cities) while my german allies fought against austria but this time
    had to raise all possible brigades(thank you paradox) and mobilize. After i
    inflicted enough pain and embarresment upon french i went on to deal with
    austria.they had already lost their great power status so i added an "add to
    sphere" war goal(i hadno time to justify so that cost me a lot of badboy)
    firsti ended things with austria adding them to my sphere then signed a peace
    treaty with france gaining alsace lorraine and then it was just a matter of
    clicking on"three hurrah for germany" event.

    and as for your accusations of cheating ,sir, i have to say "just take a look at my infamy"
    Last edited by Lord Cain; 03-02-2012 at 08:57.

  5. #25
    Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    'A cuorte 'e Napule
    Posts
    1,926
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cain View Post
    it's neither crown from the gutter nor cheating i assure you its just that i
    had an army and it mainly consisted of prussian soldiers declared war on
    austria from day 1, destroyed their armies (surround them then (b)eat them)
    divided my armies into tiny little brigades so that the occupation process
    would be quick. assert hegemony and humiliate. then took back my armies placed them along french border (all except saarbrucken) i dowed on france and
    luckily austria joined them instantly.

    i ambushed a rather large french army in saarbrucken (again surrounding all
    adjacent cities) while my german allies fought against austria but this time
    had to raise all possible brigades(thank you paradox) and mobilize. After i
    inflicted enough pain and embarresment upon french i went on to deal with
    austria.they had already lost their great power status so i added an "add to
    sphere" war goal(i hadno time to justify so that cost me a lot of badboy)
    firsti ended things with austria adding them to my sphere then signed a peace
    treaty with france gaining alsace lorraine and then it was just a matter of
    clicking on"three hurrah for germany" event.

    and as for your accusations of cheating ,sir, i have to say "just take a look at my infamy"
    Why you have no Schleswig?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccillo Rre View Post
    Why you have no Schleswig?
    i dont know perhaps it's because i didn't fight against them but i have formed greater germany many times (although just once for now in AHD) denmark has never conceded it to me i just sphered denmark then holstein and after assert hegemont formed NGF i dont know if there's any other reason but it must be because i never dowed on them

  7. #27
    Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    'A cuorte 'e Napule
    Posts
    1,926
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cain View Post
    i dont know perhaps it's because i didn't fight against them but i have formed greater germany many times (although just once for now in AHD) denmark has never conceded it to me i just sphered denmark then holstein and after assert hegemont formed NGF i dont know if there's any other reason but it must be because i never dowed on them
    Ah ok it's because you sphered Denmark. With Denmark sphered Schleswig counts towards the decision but you don't annex it.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    My first V2 game and first AHD game. I picked easiest of all -- Britain, and by 1846, I'm doing pretty well! ^_^



    Britain's many colonial/dominion divisions -- Set by me. And yes, that's Greece as a satellite. I also have Two Sicilies in my sphere aswell as Tibet and Xinjiang (substates of China, duh)
    How did you annex the Indian sattelites?

  9. #29
    East vs West developer Legolas's Avatar
    Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Vilnius, Lithuania
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrten View Post
    Another Greater Germany
    <...>
    Why is Lithuania called Poland?

    And great work, impressive!
    .

  10. #30
    NK Foreign Minister Sakura_F's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,846
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    How did you annex Burma?
    Piggybacking on glitching. When I started the game, all of the Indian minors under my sphere of influence fired that annexation event.

    I was amazed and a bit annoyed. ._.
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cain View Post
    it's neither crown from the gutter nor cheating i assure you its just that i
    had an army and it mainly consisted of prussian soldiers declared war on
    austria from day 1, destroyed their armies (surround them then (b)eat them)
    divided my armies into tiny little brigades so that the occupation process
    would be quick. assert hegemony and humiliate. then took back my armies placed them along french border (all except saarbrucken) i dowed on france and
    luckily austria joined them instantly.

    i ambushed a rather large french army in saarbrucken (again surrounding all
    adjacent cities) while my german allies fought against austria but this time
    had to raise all possible brigades(thank you paradox) and mobilize. After i
    inflicted enough pain and embarresment upon french i went on to deal with
    austria.they had already lost their great power status so i added an "add to
    sphere" war goal(i hadno time to justify so that cost me a lot of badboy)
    firsti ended things with austria adding them to my sphere then signed a peace
    treaty with france gaining alsace lorraine and then it was just a matter of
    clicking on"three hurrah for germany" event.

    and as for your accusations of cheating ,sir, i have to say "just take a look at my infamy"
    Though I don't normally accuse people of cheating I find this rather obvious:
    1) Once you’ve beaten the Austrian armies, there’ll be another huge wave of them once they have recruited all of their possible brigades
    2) You said you ended up with the assert hegemony and humiliation CB – so why did they join your war against France? I mean they weren’t in your sphere. In addition to this gaining the 50 extra war score for
    adding them to your sphere is close to impossible to achieve before 1840.
    3) After fighting all of Austria your army should actually be quiet small, so I don’t see how you’d managed to beat France so quickly. I mean seriously, they have at least 100 brigades.

  12. #32
    NK Foreign Minister Sakura_F's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,846
    Adding on: Except for Gwalior who wasn't in my sphere. I had to manually annex the rest of India, but I annexed Panjab diplomatically (once again causing the India annexation glitch. It only happened in this game, I tried six other Britain games and none did it)
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Party Leader of the New Society and Former Reichskanzler (1850-1862) in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggix View Post
    Though I don't normally accuse people of cheating I find this rather obvious:
    1) Once you’ve beaten the Austrian armies, there’ll be another huge wave of them once they have recruited all of their possible brigades
    2) You said you ended up with the assert hegemony and humiliation CB – so why did they join your war against France? I mean they weren’t in your sphere. In addition to this gaining the 50 extra war score for
    adding them to your sphere is close to impossible to achieve before 1840.
    3) After fighting all of Austria your army should actually be quiet small, so I don’t see how you’d managed to beat France so quickly. I mean seriously, they have at least 100 brigades.
    1)Not if you divide your armies into 1 brigade per army and spread them all over austria the brigades they've recruited will be destroyed by your fully organized armies even thought they are just 3000 men

    2)Austria didn't join me they joined france and gaining 50 war score against austria is very much possible i assure you just just let bavaria,wurttemberg,baden denmark and hungary (i forgot to mention that one earlier, in addition to ah and hum. i also added "free people" if i remember correct this is a prerequisite for grossdeutschland) occupy AUS armies and when you have beaten and occupied enough of france just leave an adequate force in there and then with your already mobilized
    army invade the rest of the austria

    3)when i was done with AUS in the first war i only lost 4-5 brigades and when i dowed france they had 79 brigades against my 45 or so and they didn't mobilize right away.I ambushed a really large army in saarbrucken using bavarian owned kaiserslautern and surrounded them completely then i left 1 brigade per city adjacent to saarbrucken and did a bloody battle and since they werent allowed to retreat to any army-present province they were destroyed then i used the same tactic in somewhere near the belgian border(they had a military access with them) only when they lost some 40 brigades did they finally mobilized. I did the same although i used them mainly in austria because by the time they mobilized i was already nearing paris and using the armies i recruited before i mobilized i was able to beat them i few times and that was enough for them to sign a peace but i waited to invade all of austria all over again and destroy their armies (they mobilized but still had only 24 brigades) and when i've had enough war score first i added them to my sphere (didn't have time justifiy it hence my INFAMY)and then signed a treaty with france taking from them alcase lorraine and that's it

  14. #34
    Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    15,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricom Systems View Post
    I played all day and just finished my first AHD game It was thoroughly compelling throughout and I could barely look away from the screen.

    This is how mighty Persia ended up. I found myself, over the years, at war with Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. Britain and Russia were terrifically brutal fights, and Italy was worst of all. France never showed up for the party! In the last decade or so I disregarded infamy and acquired provinces, namely the 2/3 of Iraq I had not yet seized from the Ottomans, and nobody cared to start any trouble with me over it

    Sadly although I forged Persia into a truly impressive war machine that could stand against any other power on land, we were never able to get our economy really moving, so the puny Industrial score you see there is as high as it ever got.



    That's an impressive Persia. I tend to go for arabia rather than Central Asia.

  15. #35
    Slayer of Ur-Quan wriener's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron III CollectionRome GoldVictoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Currently patrolling Alpha Illuminati
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Auricom Systems View Post
    I played all day and just finished my first AHD game It was thoroughly compelling throughout and I could barely look away from the screen.

    This is how mighty Persia ended up. I found myself, over the years, at war with Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. Britain and Russia were terrifically brutal fights, and Italy was worst of all. France never showed up for the party! In the last decade or so I disregarded infamy and acquired provinces, namely the 2/3 of Iraq I had not yet seized from the Ottomans, and nobody cared to start any trouble with me over it

    Sadly although I forged Persia into a truly impressive war machine that could stand against any other power on land, we were never able to get our economy really moving, so the puny Industrial score you see there is as high as it ever got.



    Nooooo! That's what I was gonna do with my Persia, lol its fine. I just seen a spoiler of what my Persia is gonna look like :P

  16. #36
    I started my first AHD game as Persia, with plans similar to the Persia above. However, at one point I realized that even though Persia starts at 20% Westernized, Afghanistan was way ahead. So I ditched Persia and started a new game as Afghanistan!

    Westernization was easier than with Persia. Less money trouble, no big rebellions, and IIRC I westernized about 40 years into the game. Starting at 15% literacy was so much better than Persia's 5%. After westernizing I remained a Secondary Power for the rest of the game. I own southern Vietnam because it was the easiest place to get rubber at the time, which I needed to get tanks and airplanes. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to use them in a war .


    I could do that with my eyes tied behind my back!

  17. #37
    Field Marshal calvinhobbeslik's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    6,565
    Quote Originally Posted by sueil View Post


    Obama has been playing with his time machine again.
    Since when is Obama Anarcho-Liberal?


    Although it's really retarded that the rebel group that desires the most freedom and the least government favours the most oppressive government possible.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Although it's really retarded that the rebel group that desires the most freedom and the least government favours the most oppressive government possible.
    I always thought that about Robespierre too.

  19. #39
    Why is Persia so popular?

    Well, anyway, here's mine.


    Westernisation was painfully slow. Was done around 1890-1900. While waiting I annexed Afghanistan, Kalat, Makran and Sindh.
    After westernising, I have attacked the Ottomans repeatedly (which were allied with NGF which dropped a 72K force in southern Persia. Fun times.)
    Getting my industry going wasn't actually too hard. It's keeping it going that was annoying.

    Got GP status around 1920. I couldn't hope to make better than 7th by that time. So it was a fight between me and Mexico for the 7th place which I won. Dreadnought spam FTW!

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggix View Post
    Prussia -> Greater Germany like this http://projekt-sudetenland-protektor...k/dr-karte.gif
    Russia -> Conquer most of centrel asia and going communist
    Bukkhara -> Conquering central asia

    Done. Formed Greater Germany in 1848 (Funny, isn't it?), attacked Russia a little later. This is just after I've beaten Russia the second time, releasing the Ukraine and a small part of Moldavia.


    Soooooo pretty

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts