• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

zezeb

Colonel
102 Badges
Jan 4, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
hello there ol' chaps. I am one of these players that dislikes the slow aspects of the game. I do not like when it goes slow wich gives you enough time to think everything trough and all that. I prefer acting under stress wich makes it go better for me atleast and I am wondering how to make the game go as fast as possible? I know that I can change speed in-game but after some years, the speed of the game decrases and it goes really slow in it wich then takes forever to do anything in it. I am used to highspeed things cause I play HoI 3, Vic 2 and EU3 on max speed non-stop without actually pausing so I am used to it so basically, all I can do is just sit and watch while the time is passing by. Any help?(Got an excellent computer--> Can run Battlefield 3 on high graphic, host minecraft servers for 5-6 people without lagg and plays on low graphic).

The number of units in the game slows down the game. When you start a new game the game goes pretty quick for the first few years. I just started a new game due to screwing myself over with a huge lack of water, consumer goods, and spending 9 billion bbl's of oil per day mostly on power which still wasn't enough power to fuel my huge empire.

The game starts slowing down in 1953 for me. I would think more wars in the game would help since it would decrease the amount of units in the game, but I'm not sure if thats the whole reason.

Do you think it would help to actually unally or remove vision from some countries just to not see their army?
They will still be there taking up place but it won't effect the map and graphic then.

Having the same problem in my game. Is 1951 and the game is already very slow. Don't know if there is anything you can do to speed it up, though. Perhaps using cheat to remove units from the game (something like HoI2 in the late years, if there is any way of doing it in SR: Cold War)?

When you find it ok to use cheats, use the cheat "cheat endday".
The cheat disabled the AI-troopmovements... but your movement too :D

Its also for spool :p

Thats the only help i know, but i have the same problems ;)

DO NOT USE IT TRUST ME. I used it. By the year 1959 I had over 30000 per citizen and my population had grown with 10 million(Low populated country from the begining)
It is a bugged cheat that will literally destroy the world in anyway. I have 3 saves with it and all have bugged.

Yeah it's horrible. They should do something about it. Maybe a setting like in Hearts of Iron 3 that makes you not see the units, only what type of unit it is. That might decrase it a little bit atleast.

Already discussed here.

While some things change consistently...

Game speed from Supreme Ruler 2020 to Supreme Ruler Cold War is easily 4x faster in the new game engine and has gotten faster with each update. We are investigating a possible performance issue linked to liberating/colonizing regions but that will be reviewed for the next update. We continue to work on optimizing the code but the performance is limited by the quantity of features in the game and users are asking us to add to, not reduce the feature set.

What they need to do is place construction limits on the A.I.'s military. Like they can only build so many units per year, either that or just remove some countries, alot of the progressive slowing down problems spawn from A.I. bulkiness and its general idoicy so the natural solution is to either take away some of the A.I. or improve its effectiveness. One other thing they could do is revamp the A.I. so that it will no longer have its massive doomstacks pitching up tents in the middle of the no-where (like in the Western Chinese desert or the Siberian Artic for the PLA or Alaska and the Yukon for NATO), the A.I. doesn't seem to realize the cost effectiveness of putting units in reserve and thus will constantly keep their 10 million unit stacks'o doom consuming some 2 million barrels of petrol a day looking for a fight in middle of their homeland.

The only funny thing I would laugh at in this game is if those unneeded doomstacks actually found an army from the opposite sphere spectrum camping in the wilderness of the CPU-controlled nation. It would make this game worth it to see the entire PLA concentrated in the Siberian forests outside of Yakutsk find like one stack of motorcycle recons.

One of the speed issues that is talked about on the BG forums is the superstacks of units (>7) that get unloaded on one hex islands or small areas and constantly have to move... only there is nowhere to move to that resolves the problem. One of the things I do is make a copy of my save after a couple of years and rename that copy with the name of the base scenario that I was playing in the cache folder (back that up too) then just pick up the campaign where I left off after returning my settings to where they were and clicking the "start with no units" button. There is a better guide to this on the Supreme Ruler wiki, but doing this lets me keep the game going at pretty good speeds especially when I do this about every 2 years in game (typically in Oct of 51). I just rename the saves to the year it is supposed to actually be. Doesn't help much though if you are in a war though.

Having the same problem in my game. Is 1951 and the game is already very slow. Don't know if there is anything you can do to speed it up, though. Perhaps using cheat to remove units from the game (something like HoI2 in the late years, if there is any way of doing it in SR: Cold War)?

I have a similar problem but I'm just wondering, is in your game an improvement in the game speed apparent if you set your time speed from normal to fastest? Or is it the same speed?