Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will the South ever calm down?

Quote Originally Posted by chrism2012 View Post
    Good to hear.
    At first I had no clue for what those MPs were actually good for until I saw their (police) effect in those regions that were always on fire. Of course they should already be stationed before the contentment level drops too far.
    Perhaps this one could be placed into a special building (police station) for each region, just like forts...
    I really wish that were the case. Alas, no Pinkerton thugs. Its now 1895
    for the same game and the MPs, while they appear to have some effect,
    are next to useless. What's worse is that my prime gold field won't calm
    down, and I'm throwing everything I can at it. I still haven't changed anything
    I mentioned at the start of this thread other than to build and place all
    the MPs I could in the troubled areas. I don't understand why California
    is so troubled now. Contentment overall is at 95%! Here's a screenshot
    of my F6 screen, sorted for contentment. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct1895.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	52005
    DrPostman BsD;
    Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.
    AFA-B Official Pollster & Hammer of Thor award recipient, August 2004

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
    --Otto von Bismarck

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

There is no other explanation for your woes, especially in otherwise calm states such as California, unless you are not able to provide your population what it really needs. Please be extra careful to give them as much as they desire from a variety of similar goods from the three categories (food, common, luxury).
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zähringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

I can't read anything particular from your screenshot, DrPostman, except that you're needing rather large amounts of goods (all classes) for your population.

Kensai is right, could it be somehow connected to your need for goods; do you truly fulfill all needs?

I can't read anything particular from your screenshot, DrPostman, except that you're needing rather large amounts of goods (all classes) for your population.

Kensai is right, could it be somehow connected to your need for goods; do you truly fulfill all needs?
    I guess not. On my F4 screen I'm at 80% available to my people on every item. I guess I need to build more farms
    and luxury factories?

Contentment is at 95% so I'm thinking that might not be it.
    DrPostman BsD;

--Otto von Bismarck

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by DrPostman View Post
    I guess not. On my F4 screen I'm at 80% available to my people on every item. I guess I need to build more farms
    and luxury factories?

Contentment is at 95% so I'm thinking that might not be it.
    It's not the % you sell, it is how many goods. If you hover over certain resources (like food), it will say that your people want x goods, and you are supplying them with y. You need to look at how much food, common goods, and luxury goods you are providing versus what they want. In my SP game as France, I couldn't figure out why Ile de France kept losing contentment. Then I realized that it had a large population of aristocrats and upper class people. They wanted luxury items, which I wasn't selling (as I didn't have them). This was making contentment not go up like I wanted. Once I gave them some gold, gems, and opium, the contentment started to go up.
    Also, the decisions have an effect. Several of them say "opposite effect on nobility" or something to that effect, it is my theory that they can actually lower contentment in area with high levels of nobility/upper class. As when I played "limit nobility priviliges", my contentment did not go up in Ile de France as I expected, but went down 1 point (that could have been from something else also).
    Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves

I don't know about the inner formulas written by the devs to calculate contentment, but regarding the different goods files it seems that luxury goods are generating far more contentment points as food or common goods do.

So if you're short of all goods then you should drastically improve your goods situation; try to import the lacking goods (more different one than yours) and see if your overall contentment improves.

Therein lies also one of the big differences to Vic2: there you see what your pops are lacking and why; in PoN you don't.

I don't know about the inner formulas written by the devs to calculate contentment, but regarding the different goods files it seems that luxury goods are generating far more contentment points as food or common goods do.

So if you're short of all goods then you should drastically improve your goods situation; try to import the lacking goods (more different one than yours) and see if your overall contentment improves.

Therein lies also one of the big differences to Vic2: there you see what your pops are lacking and why; in PoN you don't.
    Think they'll fix that in an update? Thanks to both of you for the suggestions.
    DrPostman BsD;

--Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by DrPostman View Post
    Think they'll fix that in an update?
    Possibly...

Btw:
    - Could you please write your current needs for all kinds of goods, DRPostman, how many food/common/luxury goods your entire population currently needs (F4 ledger)?

- Could you also look upon the values for some goods, e.g. cereals or machine parts, how much of each good is currently sold on your national market?

In my current game all good sells are somehow limited as the maximum of each good sold on the national market is only 40, no matter how high the current stockpile is and no matter how high the percentage is (sell 25% or 80% doesn't matter, it stays on maximum 40 sells per good).

Possibly...

Btw:
    - Could you please write your current needs for all kinds of goods, DRPostman, how many food/common/luxury goods your entire population currently needs (F4 ledger)?

- Could you also look upon the values for some goods, e.g. cereals or machine parts, how much of each good is currently sold on your national market?

In my current game all good sells are somehow limited as the maximum of each good sold on the national market is only 40, no matter how high the current stockpile is and no matter how high the percentage is (sell 25% or 80% doesn't matter, it stays on maximum 40 sells per good).
    There are a number of factors involved.
    First there are three categories of goods that can be sold on the national market. The number of each category is determined by the population and tariffs.
    Within each category a given good can only satisfy a portion of that total.
    So cereals can only satisfy 40% of the total food requirement, Rice only 30%, Cattle, Fish, and Preserved food 20% each, Fruit and Tropical fruit 15% each, and Sugar 10%.
    The percentage on the F4 is the maxim percentage of your stockpile you sell to the market. If your stockpile is large enough this has little effect.

So if your population wants 100 food you can only sell them 40 cereals. If you stockpile is only 50 you need to set the limit at 80% to sell that much. If you stockpile is 175 then you will sell 40 even at 25%.
    PoN Beta

Thanks, sagji, examining the files this afternoon I feared so as well...especially regarding the high amount of luxury goods needed which, at this point, are absolutely not obtainable.

There are so many design errors by now that I actually don't want to continue any further.

I can't quite give up yet. I'm going to hope for updates that fix the flaws.
    DrPostman BsD;

--Otto von Bismarck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2