+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it ok to use free market economies now?

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post

edit: One big downside is lack of foreign investment, though.
    I thought they would allow this for L-F again in 5.1? Have not played yet.
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

With LF you can still build railroads abroad
    I really like state capitalism in vic2. A Party without can't stay in power.

My first AAR - The 3 nations of the world
    OMG, Chuck Norris @ wow spot and when MacGyver should ever make a commercial for wow I would play it again

1. With L-F can't capitalists build foreign factories/railroads etc?

2. With Planned Economy, it says Factory Owner Cost -100%. If I remember right in vanilla, wasn't it +200%, or am I going mad? Does planned economy make factories cheaper for the state to build?!

EDIT: 3. Also is there also any way to cancel capitalist's projects before they are built?
    Last edited by Nuukov; 02-02-2012 at 18:24.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    1. Nope.

2. I don't remember what it was like in vanilla.

3. Build something else in that state.
    “Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.”

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    1. Nope.

2. I don't remember what it was like in vanilla.

3. Build something else in that state.
    Ah thanks. @2. I had a look, it says -100% in vanilla. But I am sure it was 200% once.

What will make a factory cheaper; +100% or -100%?

EDIT: I have been looking at the game files. It says (for planned economy): factory_owner_cost = -1 #negative costs, can't build.
    I am going to guess this is so capis cannot build factories, but does it make it cheaper for the state also?
    Last edited by Nuukov; 02-02-2012 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuukov View Post
    Ah thanks. @2. I had a look, it says -100% in vanilla. But I am sure it was 200% once.

What will make a factory cheaper; +100% or -100%?
    It's talking about the cost for Capitalists to build them, and in this context prevents them from doing so at all.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

So do the LF capitalists produce factories that are useful for your state? My problem is I will invent aircraft or barrels and the capitalists will just refuse to build factories for them, leaving me in a awkward position when modern war erupts. Are they smart enough to build these kinds of factories or is there a way to give them a nudge toward what your nation needs?

Quote Originally Posted by smeagolthevile View Post
    So do the LF capitalists produce factories that are useful for your state? My problem is I will invent aircraft or barrels and the capitalists will just refuse to build factories for them, leaving me in a awkward position when modern war erupts. Are they smart enough to build these kinds of factories or is there a way to give them a nudge toward what your nation needs?
    Use your NFs to suggest them, in states where factory workers are abundant. The Capi AI is generally a lot smarter at sniffing what will make a profit now, anyway.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Actually, what is the benefit of Planned Economy, other than not having Capis build where you want to?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    War of the Roses500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the Vikings

The biggest problem I had with capitalists is that they filled up all of the states with wineries and lumber mills before Edison, Ford and Wright Bros appears. And you can't free up space unless you have direct control on closing down and manually building since even if you close down, they keep re-opening old stuff. Also the reason why late-game items never get produced enough.

Even when I forcefully demolish stuff and build tank factories etc and give them the reins back, they close down those because it didn't profit like a week because it had only 15 workers during that period. And they put a canned food factory in the place of an plane factory then..
    The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise. - Tacitus

Darkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Victoria II is meant to be realistic and in real life, Liberals have no idea what to do with an economy, so its only fair that Vicky II reflects on their undesirable, erratic actions, which destroy your economy.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by rimlanin View Post
    Victoria II is meant to be realistic and in real life, Liberals have no idea what to do with an economy, so its only fair that Vicky II reflects on their undesirable, erratic actions, which destroy your economy.
    modern liberals are vicky 2's conservatives.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
    Actually, what is the benefit of Planned Economy, other than not having Capis build where you want to?
    I play this game 1 year now and still haven't figured to be honest.

I just call it terrible and tell everyone to avoid it unless they want to RP commies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2