• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Arakan, 1399 start. You start as Sunni OPM, but your one province is Buddhist, giving your neighbours a free religious liberation casus belli on you. Also, you start with no forts. It gets declared upon by its two neighbours on day one, and has near zero chance of survival.
Interesting suggestion... Arakan seems survivable, at least at normal difficulty. It's possible to fight off Tuongo and Pegu is fortunately willing to accept concession of defeat after taking a capital. Though the first wars were enough - I've promptly switched to Buddhism after peacing out. Economy is bad though and there aren't any real targets that wouldn't threaten with total annihilation. Besides you can't sail anywhere. I was mostly financing myself with advisors for hire. By 1420 I've established trade in Chinese CoT. I think that it's pretty much necessary to sit and wait until Trade-7 (unless some fortunate opportunity presents itself). Given poor relationship you can't even get MA to get anywhere...

Though WC is doable I think despite having to take all wrong (for WC) moves - I had to move towards Free Trade and switch to Buddhism.

I would say a more difficult country is Pskov

Pskov is admin republic - great for trade. You just need to defend from teutons, and have good relations with novgorod.

I think that considering how fast i reached 4 gov tech it shows that kongo is not so very hard.

I have another strategy for kongo. Reach 4 gov tech, and go the colonist NI, then , just wait until you got 1 colonist, and switch to QFNTW, sack all advisors, and mtake a naval and land one. When you got back to 3 stab switch back to colonist NI, and in the meantime regenerate your army, and research area to north, then dow any country and conquer them. Then just continue conquering until africa is yours - and make them all vassals. Then move to maroco, ask them for military acces, then go to algiers, and ask them to, then conquer or ask for acces to tunisia, same with tripoli, and then move to mamluk territory. Ask them for acces, and make your way to some defensless opm. Take them down, take their money, and move thru turkey. Then go to europe, and try to get something in HRE, and then - you know what to do.

It may be hard, but you will get LOT of vassals, and this will bring you great monthly income, and you will be christian. All your vassals pagan. Best if you will be in HRE. Whatever not tried it yet.

I think that considering how fast i reached 4 gov tech it shows that kongo is not so very hard.
The difficulty of Kongo is in possibility of massive European invasion in 1460-1500 range that may result in straightforward annexation. Usually they only send a small force which you can defeat, but occasionally they are very aggressive for some reason (perhaps because the development in Europe left them without targets there?)