• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Official Announcement from Théophile Delcassé, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs for Emperor Napoleon IV of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy

Th%C3%A9ophile_Delcass%C3%A9.jpg

On the instruction of His Imperial Majesty, the Foreign Ministry hereby proclaims the Empire's official position on resettlement of the wasteland regions of Europe. As we have begun restoration of our homeland, and we expect other exiled European powers to do likewise in the future, we hope that said powers will accept these principals as a guideline and avoid unnecessary conflict and bloodshed.

Europe.png

The position of His Imperial Majesty's Government is that where a viable successor state exists, said state has exclusive rights to its ancestral territory unless they choose to concede them to another power. As such the above map represents what we feel is the natural and just disposition of European territory.

The legitimacy of French, British, and German territory above is self evident and need not be discussed in further detail. The Empire of Brazil, representing both the surviving members of Portugal's ancient monarchy and the main population of surviving Portugese culture has legitimate claim to Portugal and Portuguese island territories, and the Neo-Byzantines, representing the remnants of Balkan governments and large numbers of Slavic peoples has credible claim to the territories to their north.

We have no comment on the apparent internal conflict among surviving Russians except to say that we hope that the lurid rumors about the nature of the new Russian regime are untrue.

Territories without a natural successor, such as Scandinavia, should be considered Terra Nullius and thus open to settlement by any willing to dare it. HIM's government will recognize as legitimate the possession of the first power to reestablish civilized society in the region.

HIM's government sends our best wishes to any and all willing to undertake this great work on behalf of worldwide civilization.

The Kyoto Express

Guangxu Emperor Found

In a stunning occurance a Japanese scouting party moving towards the Mongolian Border has come across the Guangxu Emperor hiding in the foothills along with several members of his former court. It turns out when the Fall hit he used the oppurtunity to flee in the interior of China to hide from the disaster and rampaging warlord armies all of which have now been defeated. Having returned to Najing (Beijing currently under the control of Cannibal bands) he has accepted position a Emperor of the Chinese as a vassal of the Japanese Shogun. He has called on all of China to help the Shogunate armies reconquer the old lands of China including the old Mongolian regions falsely claimed to be part of Russia by the Russians in the wasteland of the north. With this thousands or eager Chinese are flocking to his banner to Oppose Imperialism against Asia as the old Empires rebuild themselves the Japanese Shogun has promised to resist Imperialism Where ever Possible. The effects of this have been near instant with Japanese Industry Straining to equip 3 New Japanese Armies consisting solely of Chinese Volunteers.

Mongolian Border Raids

It Has come to the Attention of the Shogunate that Mongolian horsemen have been raiding across the Border into the Chinese Interior. Efforts to Negotiate with them Has failed and the Shogun has reluctantly been forced to consider an action of War against the Mongolian Forces who have been ruthless in their attacks against the Chinese Towns allied with Japan. The Shogun has officially issued a Declaration of War Against the Mongolian Tribes. In response to this Threat the Entire Japanese army is mobilising on the Mongolian Border preparing to Attack the Mongolian forces with the full weight of their armed forces. All eight Japanese armies are to begin attacks into the Mongolian territory in the Tibetan Plateau and the areas to the north of it occupied by the Mongolian state.

To His Imperial Highness Kaiser Wilhelm II

Dear Sir,
In the interest of closer relations between our two great Empires, and in order to secure the future happiness of our children, I would like to propose that the Prince Imperial Louis Alfonse Napoleon be married to your daughter, Princess Victoria Louise
. The wedding would take place when the Princess comes of age in five years time.

This arrangement will not be construed as submission of either Empire to the other, nor cause for a political union between our Empires. Rather it will serve as a gesture of peace and love between our households.

Best wishes,
Napoleon IV, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain, and Italy

OOC: BTW Lord Haldane, you should probably be thinking about the succession. The historical Queen Victoria was 4 years dead by now. She'd be 86 in 1905, not impossibly old but pushing it, all things considered.

Stirling killed her off in 1882 in his book:

http://smstirling.wikia.com/wiki/Saxe-Coburg-Gotha_Family

By his timeline, you should be on George IV, with your next monarch being the scandalous Victoria II "The Wicked," best remembered for her erotic poetry.

Edit: I mention this because I have a princess or two to marry off.

Last edited:
Edit: also, did Brazil send in any orders? Or is it officially NPC now?

Last turn was the first without orders. Not NPC as of yet.

OOC: Last one ended due to GM being worked to death, IIRC.

Theoretically allied victory is possible. So it's not quite a highlander "There can be only one!" situation.

Victory is individual for everyone. Smaller powers could be satisfied finding a place in the world order while a hegemonic power will probably be obvious.

OOC: BTW Lord Haldane, you should probably be thinking about the succession. The historical Queen Victoria was 4 years dead by now. She'd be 86 in 1905, not impossibly old but pushing it, all things considered.

By his timeline, you should be on George IV, with your next monarch being the scandalous Victoria II "The Wicked," best remembered for her erotic poetry.

I asked Lord Haldane about this regarding a CP idea he had, way back at the start. I remember he called Stirling something like 'rather a blithering fool' for not knowing that George IV was Queen Victoria's uncle. :rofl:

I asked Lord Haldane about this regarding a CP idea he had, way back at the start. I remember he called Stirling something like 'rather a blithering fool' for not knowing that George IV was Queen Victoria's uncle. :rofl:

OOC: Be that as it may, I demand Victoria II

To Napoleon IV, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain, and Italy:

You have recognized the realm of the Russians. This is of great import to my self and my people. As such, I offer my firstborn daughter Velikaya Knyadzna Olga Nikolaevna to be wife to a relative of yours. When the Fall returns, I shall see it fit that she is in good hands, and does not turn into a source of blood for Patriarch Tikhon Vasily Bellavin, righteous as Malik Nous may be. She is thirty years old, and far too old to be a maiden. I expect a prompt and suitable reply, while ensuring a measure of safety from Russian arms, lest common blood be spilt.

Czar Nicolae Alexandrovich Romanov II, Emperor and Autocrat of All the Russias

To Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm Viktor Albrecht von Preußen:

As I have noted to your soon-to-be relative Napoleon IV, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain, and Italy, I have several daughters in need of husbands. To you, I offer my second daughter's hand, Tatiana Nikolaevna Romanova, to be wed to your son Oscar Charles Gutav Adolf Hohenzollern. As with my first daughter, I do not wish to see Tatiana come to any harm when the Fall returns. I offer your people a measure of protection from the sword strokes of Russia, due to our continuing and upcoming relations.

To Patriarch Constantinos I:

I have need of marrying my daughters, and who better to wed than a fellow Slav. Your nation has domain over some Slavic people, and as such I consider your empire a sibling. As such, the two should have common blood, which I offer to you, as a marriage between my daughter Maria Nikolaevna Romanova and your emperor Alexios I Komnenus. This does not entail any future treat between our nations, other than an assurance of no unprovoked aggression against your people. The icy binds of Russia are being withdrawn as the Fall fades into history, and when Chernobog brings forth another Fall, I do not wish my daughters to find themselves at the mercy of Malik Nous, as righteous as their mission-our mission- is.

Izvestia Russkie Ljudi​

Notable advances have been made by the Nova Roman forces in the central region of the Empire, although an Imperial force dove deep into the northern region of Rurik control. This is how the current map stands:

Although Nova Roma is larger than ever before, the recent acquisition of Yamalia by Imperial Russia has increased its manpower and resource pool like never before. The forecast for the rightful rulers of Russia is becoming worse every day, and even at home in Astrakhan trouble is brewing as the Germanized Ruriks stubbornly ignore ancient traditions in favor of more Western European ideals. Such trouble should die down soon enough, as it is expected that Mikhail II Rurik will wed the thoroughly Russian Princess Anastasia Romanov sometime this year.

As always, I personally implore you, the reader, to not bring to light the existence of this paper. If the Okhrana were to find us...think of your children. What would happen if you were found with this paper? Obviously, you are a true man to even dare read this. So you must understand the risks, and the rewards, of this publication's continuing existence. I hope you found this news enlightening, and shall find the next installments' just as much so.

From the diary of Grigori Rasputin:

It is said that wisdom comes with age. I have certainly gained five years, but as for the knowledge I know not. There is more money coming into the coffers of Nova Roma, due to the exploits of Mikhail and his brothers and cousins. This, while fantastic, is a headache of its own. We-I- must weed out Malik Nous from the people of these lands, while raising their towns and farms to a level suitable of the name Roman.

Mikhail is wedding Anastasia soon. No, nothing official has happened yet, but it is only a matter of time. I saw their mutual feelings the first time I introduced them to each other, and knew it was only a matter of time until they consummated their love. What a thing that is, love. It is most definitely the driving force of the world. God knows it is what drove me to the measures I took after the Fall.

The future combining of the houses Rurik and Romanov shall surely do wonders for the legitimacy of either house, but it raises questions as to what role Alexei shall have if- no, I must say when- the Ruriks take their rightful thrones. Perhaps he shall become the monk he always saw himself as. Alas, the future is known only to Him, and as such I must only try to make His plan a reality with as little pain as possible. If only this task were simple.

Winter, 1900- Samarkand

Lenin withdrew a small package from the inner pocket of his rather heavy coat, which was a poor guise for the warm night. Warm by Russian standards, that is. He stepped into the shadowed entryway of a bank, and let a patrol walk by. Best not to let a grunt in on the situation. Waiting a few seconds for the men to pass, Vlad then quickened his pace, not daring to be late. He managed to compose himself as he reached the nondescript wooden door he was looking for.
"The night is young, my friend." A guttural utterance was put forth from a small hole revealed from the removal of a plug in the door.
"So is the name of the Peacock." Such a pointless measure; any enemy who knew of the place would not take such a measure in the first place. Such thoughts were roughly disturbed as the door was thrown open and a half dozen hands pulled Vlad inside, covering his head with a sack.
"What is the meaning of this? I am here on the business of--" Lenin's rage-filled rant was cut short by the reassuring voice of the Patriarch.
"Do not worry, boy. It is simple, the reason for this: you are not meant to know the location of the most sacred Halls of Chernobog. Have no fear; it is not far, and your quite extensive pride will not be too injured, I hope.
The bastard can give himself to his lord sooner than later, thought Vlad- now obviously Lenin to the men around him- as he was walked back out the door. An hour later, they were finally in a small room with dim lighting, making his surroundings indistinguishable. Remember your purpose...
"His Imperial Majesty has need of several hundred rituals for good luck in his northern exploits, Tikhon." If the luck of ten thousand volunteers hoping to escape the rituals could be called such.
"Of course. He knows the price?" How could he not.
"Yes, he knows. He has promised to choose a daughter for you."
"Very good. The preparations shall be made." How such a cretin could be the earthly messenger of a god was beyond Lenin, but he did his job. Always.

Mikhail was not entirely certain what was happening. Everyone seemed to think he would be proposing to Anastasia sometime soon. Although this was true, he wondered how anyone could have known. She certainly didn't pay attention to him for several years, and even now rarely graced his presence in public. And he definitely spend much of his time avoiding her, in youthful years past. Despite this, the news was writing already guessing where the wedding would be, and what dress the Empress-to-be would wear. It certainly didn't make asking her any easier.

Walking up the rather ornate wooden stairs- the manor they lived in had been decorated, in his opinion in a rather ostentatious manner- he could only repeat what he was going to say over and over in his head. So you can imagine his surprise when his mission very literally ran into him. He just reaching the upper hall when Anastasia tumbled into him, having been running with her shoes off and her skirts in hand. As he would come to learn, she had been running to put on makeup for the man she loved ever so secretly.

"Anastasia! This is...unusual." His ring had fallen out of its position in his hand, and was laying in stark contrast to the maroon carpet. They both were looking at it, and Mikhail was so distracted that he didn't even bother to grab the rather tantalizing glimpse of her legs which was currently being offered. Lifting her up with him, Mikhail immediately dropped to a knee, reaching for the ring. He grabbed her hand, and began.
"Anastasia, I have known you for years, and in that time I have come to know you, and love you. I-" She, as always, would not let him finish speaking his mind.
"Oh, just put the ring on you twit!" At that, the two were engaged; the story would be remembered for generations.

Last edited:
thedailytelegraph.jpg

Victory!
Junta and Allies surrender!

charge1qaa1.jpg

Falklander forces duel with the Bolivians in their mountainous homeland

Celebrations, parties, and festivities erupt across the Dominion in response to the submission of the Bolivian, Paraguayan and Junta leaders. Their respective governments, including their most prominent ministers, arrived in Port Stanley to deliver their joint unconditional surrender to the Governor. The fate of these men is currently undecided - It is likely they will be interned indefinitely to prevent unrest within our Dominion's newest possessions. As a result of this surrender, our three-year long war with our great foe is finally concluded - and we received all the spoils of this war. The Governor has not yet commented on the fate of our new territory in the north. Many speculate than rather than restore the pre-Fall national boundaries, these new holdings will become an entirely separated province from the Outer Falklands.

This news comes after a wildly successful war with these northern republics. Our full war report is on page 13 - but we will provide a summary nonetheless. Wolesly's first campaign, announced so long ago, was immediately successful. Falklander forces poured over the border, smashing the few Junta troops stationed along the front. We swiftly smashed Junta hosts in Santiago del Estero and San Miguel de Tucuman, and encouraged by the speed of the conquest, Wolesely's ordered an attack on Salta, the Junta's capital. By the time our troops arrived at the outskirts of the city, most of the defenders had fled north. With Salta secured, the rest of the year was spent on considilating our holdings, and securing the Chilean desert. By the Spring, we were ready for a renewed assault, onto the Junta's allies. Two campaigns were launched - one into the Bolivian mountains, and the other into Paraguay. The Paraguyan campaign was nothing but a massacre - the flat, low-lying surface proved a boon for Wolesly's lighting fast raids and assaults, and soon enough Asuncion fell. Unfortunately, the campaign into Bolivia faced numerous problems. Lack of supplies, awful terrain, and a incredibly hostile population stalled the assault at Santa Barbara for most of the year. By the third year of the war, further reinforcements allowed the stalemate in Bolivia to be broken. Meanwhile, forces from Paraguay were able to surge into northern Bolivia, the country's flatlands. Finally, several months ago, Falklanders stormed the Bolivian capital of La Paz. Many in the government were captured, but many more fled. The rest of war consisted of mopping up the resistance, and subjugating remaining guerrillas.

With the conclusion of the war, many wonder what the next directive of the Dominion will be. Many in the Junta were able to flee further north, into the Amazon or Peru. Some, partially hawkish, members of the Colonial Government demand that further conquests in South America must be made, to preserve our national security, and to finally route out those opposed to us. However, any engagements made to press further north will require the Governor to tread fine line between the Colombians, and the Brazilians. Nonetheless, these are not immediate concerns. Whatever our future exploits may be, let us remember and celebrate our recent achievements.

To Napoleon IV, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain, and Italy:

You have recognized the realm of the Russians. This is of great import to my self and my people. As such, I offer my firstborn daughter Velikaya Knyadzna Olga Nikolaevna to be wife to a relative of yours. When the Fall returns, I shall see it fit that she is in good hands, and does not turn into a source of blood for Patriarch Tikhon Vasily Bellavin, righteous as Malik Nous may be. She is thirty years old, and far too old to be a maiden. I expect a prompt and suitable reply, while ensuring a measure of safety from Russian arms, lest common blood be spilt.

To Czar Nicolae II,
While your offer is beyond doubt generous, I regret that I must decline. The House of Bonaparte being quite small in number, there is simply no eligible male member of anywhere near appropriate age. However, if you should wish, suitable husbands might be found among the nobility of France, Spain or Italy for your daughters. I will give you my personal assurance that every effort will be made to secure their safety and comfort.

Best Wishes,
Napoleon IV Bonaparte, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy

Postscript:
It has come to my attention that Prince Carlos of Bourbon-Two Siclies has been recently widowed.

Last edited:
To Czar Nicolae II,
While your offer is beyond doubt generous, I regret that I must decline. The House of Bonaparte being quite small in number, there is simply no eligible male member of anywhere near appropriate age. However, if you should wish, suitable husbands might be found among the nobility of France, Spain or Italy for your daughters. I will give you my personal assurance that every effort will be made to secure their safety and comfort.

Best Wishes,
Napoleon IV Bonaparte, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy

To Napoleon IV Bonaparte, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy:

I understand that your family is rather tiny. That is why I said relative, and not son. I expect that you are in some way related to the nobility of your domain; thus, I accept any marriage from one of these noble houses.

Although I encourage you to find the true faith in Chernobog, as I must always do, I accept that your people are different from mine. Although the word of Malik Nous must be spread across the land, due to our future pairing I do ensure that I recognize your claims in Europe.

OOC: GBIT, everyone: I know I'm supposed to be the big scary Russian cannibals, but you can't blame me for wanting some diplomacy.

Last edited:
To Napoleon IV Bonaparte, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy:

I understand that your family is rather tiny. That is why I said relative, and not son. I expect that you are in some way related to the nobility of your domain; thus, I accept any marriage from one of these noble houses.

Although I encourage you to find the true faith in Chernobog, as I must always do, I accept that your people are different from mine. Although the word of Malik Nous must be spread across the land, due to our future pairing I do ensure that I recognize your claims in Europe.

To Czar Nicholae,
Prince Carlos, being a cousin of my wife, should serve admirably. His was in former times the ruling house in Sicily and Naples. Should your efforts to find matches for your other daughters fail, I have potential husbands for them. Though not a direct relation, Prince Victor Emmanuel of Savoy represents the last known surviving member of the former ruling house of Italy. Though his father failed to keep his kingdom intact during the Fall, I do not wish that the house die out entirely. And of course there are newly created nobles, such as the Baron de Timbuktu.

Best Wishes,
Napoleon IV, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy

To Czar Nicholae,
Prince Carlos, being a cousin of my wife, should serve admirably. His was in former times the ruling house in Sicily and Naples. Should your efforts to find matches for your other daughters fail, I have potential husbands for them. Though not a direct relation, Prince Victor Emmanuel of Savoy represents the last known surviving member of the former ruling house of Italy. Though his father failed to keep his kingdom intact during the Fall, I do not wish that the house die out entirely. And of course there are newly created nobles, such as the Baron de Timbuktu.

Best Wishes,
Napoleon IV, Emperor of France-Outre-Mer, Spain and Italy

To Emperor Napoleon IV,

I accept your offer for marriage between Prince Carlos and my firstborn daughter Olga. As for my other daughters, let us see how Germany and Byzantium respond. Do not worry about those British marrying one of my daughters lest my other offers are turned down; although I may turn to other Imperial Houses first, I will certainly consider your other offers. I hope your wedding celebrations are fantastic, although I shall not be able to attend due to military expeditions in the near future. I shall have Olga shipped with an entourage on the fastest ship by the end of the week.

OOC: Book Russians hate Britain and Mid-east, thus I shall not negotiate much with Britain or, if it ever returns (which I seriously doubt, of course), the Twelfth House. This is no slight to either player, simply a matter of principle.

OOC: Book Russians hate Britain and Mid-east, thus I shall not negotiate much with Britain or, if it ever returns (which I seriously doubt, of course), the Twelfth House. This is no slight to either player, simply a matter of principle.

OOC: Well, in book everyone pretty much loathes the Russians. The only reason that France is open to these relations is that at this point reports of your cannibalistic, demon-worshiping ways are considered outlandish rumors that can't possibly be true...

Ooc: yes...rumors... Of course...

rel-lds.gif

Missive To “Greater Falklands”
The United Territories invokes the Monroe Doctrine

The United Territories send a delegation, complete with an attachment of Mormon missionaries (again led by the son of the President, Joseph F. Smith, Jr.), to meet with the Governor of the Greater Falklands. They bear this missive, the contents of which are no secret:

To: Governor General of the Falklands, Sir Roger Goldsworthy
From: Premier of the United Territories, Theodore Roosevelt,

Sir,

Please note that the expansion of British control on South America concerns us in the United Territories gravely. As you know, in years past we abided by a policy that originated from one of our elder presidents, James Monroe, which forbade any tolerance of resurging European colonialism in the Americas. The British Empire of that fleeting era was amiable and cooperative in this mutually beneficial doctrine.

We in the United Territories consider the Monroe Doctrine to have continued merit. However, your establishment of a permanent British territory in South America stands opposed to that. Argentina, Chile, Bolivia, Uruguay, and Paraguay, sovereign nations each, have fallen pretty to your opportunistic expansion. This is unacceptable so long as you claim loyalty to the British Empire, which as we have all learned by now has survived the Fall.

There is a measure of hope, though! We understand the state you have created is fully independent, a far cry from the meager imperial backwater outpost you were in 1875. We more than anyone can respect those who have done what was necessary to survive in the wake of the disaster; surely if God condemned your endeavor, he would have smote you alongside the rest of the “Civilized” world. We have no desire to come to blows with you or your people.

Thus, we would like to establish friendly, cooperative relations with your government as soon as you are willing to meet two conditions. First, allow us to send missionaries to aid you in converting the Papist masses of Patagonia and the Andes. Second, declare firmly and clearly your independence from the British government.

We eagerly await your response.

Last edited:
rel-lds.gif

Incorporating Mexico

a5Nyj.png

Formerly known as "Catedral Metropolitana de la Asunción de María,"
the converted Mormon temple in Mexico City is undergoing renovations

The following was printed in The Mormon Tribune:

Slow Progress in Mexico

In Central Mexico, the martial law imposed by John J. Pershing after his successful campaign is gradually being relaxed. It appears the Mexicans who survived the turmoil induced by the Fall have been eager for peace and security; they held little loyalty to their bandit lords. While Pershing found Mexico relatively depopulated compared to its high in 1878, there are many more people there than there were in the northern frontier; re-civilizing and incorporating the populace will be an ongoing challenge.

Literacy is non-existent; translators and teachers are in very short supply. The government’s decision to grant citizenship to any Mexican who renounced his popery, or to adopt Christianity should he be ignorant of the Word, under oath, before a Territorial sheriff or judge, has seen only slow progress.

Only the Mormon Church so far has had the resources to equip missionaries with sufficient skill in the Spanish tongue in sufficient numbers to begin to have a dint of success. In recognition of their efforts, they have been granted the largest and most important Catholic temples (most of which have fallen entirely into disuse) for renovation and conversion. Zion's Board of Trade has been given vast leeway to use the available labor and develop the area's economy. With God’s help, these new Mormon temples will see heavy use within a generation, and Mexico will be full of productive Mormons.

OOC: Indeed I even set both of my issues last turn in 1900, but I've proven rather too distracted with other matters to write an RP post and 1901 has quite brazenly passed by in my absence. :p

I suppose it could not hurt to catch up, given that I have written nothing set afterwards.

OOC: Indeed I even set both of my issues last turn in 1900, but I've proven rather too distracted with other matters to write an RP post and 1901 has quite brazenly passed by in my absence. :p

I suppose it could not hurt to catch up, given that I have written nothing set afterwards.

OOC: Still, I expect a decadent, smut-authoring Empress in the near future.

Edit: Oh, and a male family member to marry off the eldest Princess Imperial to.

thedailytelegraph.jpg

Discussions in Government House

Berlin_Conference_1884.jpg

United Territories diplomats meet and talk with prominent members of the Colonial Government

Talks and debate with the emissaries from Utah continue today as the Governor attempts to walk a careful line between the pressure of his ministers, and the American's demands. The arrival of a collection of United Territories representatives led by their President's son, no less, was greeted with surprise and curiosity at first. As the world begins to thaw from the aftermath of the Fall, trade and contact between nations is starting to pick up. The United Territories have the honour of being the first Extra-Continental nation to be discovered. Many peoples' interest were peaked by the representatives, who claimed to be the successors of the Old United States. Trade and warm relations were of interest to both parties and public.

Yet public relations with the diplomats soured when they presented their missive. Quickly the mood turned against the Americans, as many now feel that the Americans are trying to dominate the government and to intervene in the country's business. In the words of General Wolesely, 'Those damn Yanks have no right to tell us what to do, or how to do it.' This opinion seems to be gaining support among the Governor's staff and government, so much so that discussions in Government House have become increasingly heated, in one particular incident, the Governor of Patagonia accused the American delegation of 'Blatant, hypocritical Imperialism.' Indeed, many analysts notice that the Government seems to be dividing into two differing factions, those in support of the missive, and those opposed. From recent public reaction to the Americans, it can be said confidently that the latter group has the support of the Dominion.

Yet the Governor noticeably kept himself aloof from the division among his governors and ministers and clearly and carefully delivered his response to the missive in person. He began by speaking of his opposition to the Americans continued use of the Monroe Doctrine, claiming that it was an outdated philosophy that not only infringed on the rights of the Falklander peoples, but was absurdly unsuitable for the Post-Fall world. However, he was supportive of the suggestion to allow for American missionaries to be set up, although this was met with concern by some of the Catholic members of the government. Perhaps most shocking was the surprise that the Americans had come into contact with the British Government - a task that the Governor had been unable to accomplish. All talks of the Americans demand for Falklander independence were forgotten as the House rose in surprise and disbelief. The governor made numerous enquires as to the current state of the Empire, and how the Dominion would go about contacting them. Indeed, witnesses said he 'trembled with excitement and hope at the prospect.' Indeed, in the commotion the Governor made no comment at all regarding the American request for independence.

This revelation had led to further criticisms of this clause of the American missive however. Those who advocated independence for the Dominion in the past had argued that there was no solid proof that the HM's Government actually remained. Now that has been dis-proven, most of the Falklander population are more than eager to re-connect themselves with the Queen and Her Government. Needless to say, should the Americans press this demand, it will be met with a resounding no, from the populace at least.

OOC: Sorry guys, but I must resign from my country, Brazil and it dreams of airships. :( Too caught up with work and essay I am afraid. :(

Cheers

Joe