• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
" Those Stinking British has sent us back what can only be described as an Insult to us. Us become Protectorates of the British Laughable. I sent an offer of alliance as Equals as that is what we are. Maybe the Mongolians will be more reasonable than those arrogant fools. Give me more paper A second letter must be sent."

Dear The Honourable Military Council of the Mongols and other Peoples under Mongol Rules.

I'm ever so sorry If the contents of the Letter to the British Upset you but you have good reason to be marauding and seizing land. Your homeland was hit hard by the fall and your aggression is but a minor flaw next to the almighty Arrogance of the British. An Alliance to oppose them by blocking them in India would not only be a wise move but also One that any wise ruler would agree too. By working together we may just be able to cure the British of their arrogance once and for all. What do you say to What I hope is a reasonable proposal?

From the Honourable Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu

rel-lds.gif

Excerpts from the diary of John C. Fremont,
Governor of Arizona
1878-1881

220px-JCFr%C3%A9mont.jpg

October 16th, 1878

No news from the East has arrived in some time, though I have a terrible feeling of dread nearly every day. We know something horrible has happened, but the telegraph isn’t working.

January 4th, 1879

Riders have finally reached Prescott with the news, and it is dreadful. My hand cannot bear to repeat it on this paper. My dear wife Jessie is even more stricken than most of us; she has gone to the chapel since she heard and has not come back for hours.

What has become of the country that I have spent my life serving? What will become of it?

June 15th, 1879

Our supplies dwindle, and no source of replenishment is in sight. The citizenry is acting very restless as well; thieving and violence has risen dangerously since before the caravans stopped. We have a lot of refugees from California, and not nearly enough food for all of them. I am considering imposing martial law so that my soldiers can take what they need and maintain stability in the region.

Jessie is spending nearly all of her time in prayer. She tells me she feels a hole in her soul. I feel it too, but I have work to do.

November 21st, 1879

The last of the rebel leaders have been rounded up, and the situation has been stabilized. We are coordinating with the governments of Utah and New Mexico to get resources distributed and trade up and running again. Is that the light at the end of the tunnel?

Jessie's been talking to some of the Mormons that have a colony a few miles away from Prescott; I'm amazed at how her mood improves each time she's back from a meeting with them.

March 21st, 1880

The garrison in Tucson has fled up and regrouped with us here in Prescott. They report being attacked by a large group of armed bandits, though we are not sure whether is was Mexicans or Indians. Such a march without proper supply in this damned desert—it’s no wonder so few of them made it back here. It looks like the whole southern territory is lost; we’ll have to focus on what we have.

January 29th, 1881

The bandits came at us from California, but our scouts spotted them well in advance. Unfortunately, the ambush only partly worked, and they were able to escape southward. I am going to take my soldiers and follow them. Our ultimate goal is to recapture Phoenix and Tucson.

This expedition is only possible because of the support we have received from the Utah Territorial government. Jessie tells me she’s ready to join the Mormon church, as long as I'm ready to do it with her. Maybe there’s something to that—if our old God led to the destruction of our nation, perhaps there’s something to the Mormon one.

February 19th, 1881

When we reached Phoenix, we had them cornered. A huge group of them, bandits, mostly Mexicans. The ones that had no English, we executed; the rest have been pressed into service. But we know that an even larger group of them has been operating out of Tucson.

My scouts have just reported that indeed, another large bandit group—an army, says my scout—is coming from the east, marching towards Tucson. But he says they’re being chased by Mormons!

April 2nd, 1881

The Utah government was impressed by the campaign I waged here with limited resources, and extremely happy the way I helped them encircle those bandits from New Mexico. Jessie and I openly converting to the Mormon religion has sealed the deal. I have been placed in charge of the combined forces of the American West (they even say the Californians are coming to join up with us), and we are marching south, into Mexico. We will end the Mexican bandit threat and to ensure safety and security for the Mormon colonies there, as well as for the large number of Americans who have fled there since the Fall. God be with us.

Last edited:
Chief Miguel Francisco,
Neither I, nor my prime minster, nor the Colombian Congress have any plan or desire to expand northward. These lands are undesirable to us and do not fit the plans of either the Great Lord Above or his Messiah. We wish to unite the former Spanish-speaking nations of South America under the Colombian banner, no more, no less. Perhaps once this divine task is complete, the Great Lord Above will reveal what we are to do in his name next, but at this current time we will not expand northwards.

I wish you and the Californios well, and I hope that the Great Lord Above is watching over you.

Inca I, by the grace of God, his Messiah, and the Colombian people, Emperor of all Colombia

Chief Miguel Francisco,
Neither I, nor my prime minster, nor the Colombian Congress have any plan or desire to expand northward. These lands are undesirable to us and do not fit the plans of either the Great Lord Above or his Messiah. We wish to unite the former Spanish-speaking nations of South America under the Colombian banner, no more, no less. Perhaps once this divine task is complete, the Great Lord Above will reveal what we are to do in his name next, but at this current time we will not expand northwards.

I wish you and the Californios well, and I hope that the Great Lord Above is watching over you.

Inca I, by the grace of God, his Messiah, and the Colombian people, Emperor of all Colombia

Emperor Inca I,
I see that you are wise. Let there be no blows between our people, by the grace of God in whom we share trust. May He guide us this day and always, and may our paths never converge in warfare. For the sake of trade, in the event of our peoples ever crossing paths, would you be interested in an agreement to open borders to trade? Mankind has survived a great tragedy, and if we meet it should be in brotherhood. Let our cousins in the East war over old grudges, while the New World remains a land of peace and prosperity for as long as possible.
Miguel Francisco

OOC: I hope you like this. I wanted to create a mix between tribal federalism, share-minded apocalipticism and Islamic brotherhood, with a bit of Fremen and Ottoman thrown in there. I suppose its not too far into fantasy. "Hippie muslims" may sound strange, but I view the Fall as a sort of blank check. No society would survive unharmed.

OOC: I think it's awesome

TURN TWO - 1885

peshawarturn1885.png

Military News fresh from the Wire:

Utah Territory and California vs Northern Mexico:

3 Armies + 3 Armies vs 3 Native Armies

7 - 3 (Avg: 5.0) Utahan victory

7 - 9 (Avg: 8.0) Native victory

4 - 10 (Avg: 7.0) Native victory (Utahan Army destroyed)
1 - 1 (Avg: 1.0) Draw

6 - 4 (Avg: 5.0) Utahan victory

7 - 10 (Avg: 8.5) Native victory

Californian reinforcements arrive:

10 - 5 (Avg: 7.5) Californian victory

Utah Territory conquers Northern Mexico!
Casualties: One Army for Utah Territory.

The Mittelafrikanischen Kaiserreich vs Congo:

3 Armies vs 2 Native Armies

4 - 5 (Avg: 4.5) Native victory

1 - 10 (Avg: 5.5) Native victory

1 - 4 (Avg: 2.5) Native victory

Natives repulse invasion!
No casualties.

France-Outre-Mer vs Western North Africa:

3 Armies vs 5 Native Armies

8 - 7 (Avg: 7.5) French victory

6 - 3 (Avg: 4.5) French victory

9 - 5 (Avg: 7.0) French victory

8 - 4 (Avg: 6.0) French victory

3 - 7 (Avg: 5.0) Native victory

9 - 1 (Avg: 5.0) French victory

France-Outre-Mer conquers Western North Africa!
No casualties.

The Kingdom of Mongolia vs Transoxiana:

3 Armies vs 5 Native Armies

5 - 4 (Avg: 4.5) Mongolian victory

8 - 9 (Avg: 8.5) Native victory (Mongolian Army destroyed)

8 - 4 (Avg: 6.0) Mongolian victory

8 - 8 (Avg: 8.0) Draw

8 - 5 (Avg: 6.5) Mongolian victory

7 - 9 (Avg: 8.0) Native victory

1 - 2 (Avg: 1.5) Native victory (Mongolian Army destroyed)

Casualties: Two armies for Kingdom of Mongolia.

El Imperio de Colombia vs Ecuador:

3 Armies vs 2 Native Armies

3 - 3 (Avg: 3.0) Draw

6 - 10 (Avg: 8.0) Native victory

6 - 3 (Avg: 4.5) Colombian victory

8 - 5 (Avg: 6.5) Colombian victory

El Imperio de Colombia conquers Ecuador!
No Casualties.

Imperial Hegemony of Byzantium vs Western Balkans:

3 Armies vs 4 Native Armies

1 - 7 (Avg: 4.0) Native victory

8 - 3 (Avg: 5.5) Byzantine victory

10 - 2 (Avg: 6.0) Byzantine victory

10 - 6 (Avg: 8.0) Byzantine victory

3 - 6 (Avg: 4.5) Native victory

9 - 2 (Avg: 5.5) Byzantine victory

Imperial Hegemony of Byzantium conquers Western Balkans!
No Casualties.

Twelfth House of the People vs Levant:

2 vs 3

9 - 8 (Avg: 8.5) Great House victory

2 - 4 (Avg: 3.0) Native victory

1 - 7 (Avg: 4.0) Native victory (Great House Army destroyed)

Casualties: One Army for Twelfth House.

OOC: I will distribute Culture Points by PM later tonight.

rel-lds.gif

Excerpts
from the
1885 State of the Territories Address
by John Taylor, Governor of Utah

441px-John_Taylor_seated_in_chair.jpg

Friends and fellow Saints,

We have emerged from the darkness. All immediate threats to our lives and livelihoods have been eradicated by the grace of God. We have reestablished trade and commerce. We have restored communication and cooperation. We have punished the wicked who have attempted to abuse and murder us in our time of greatest vulnerability. For all of this, we must thank the Grace of God.

Though the long campaign took its toll on our men, we have completely pacified the banditos of Northern Mexico; Sonora, Chihuahua and Coahuila are now open for permanent settlement by American refugees. John Fremont, miraculously vigorous despite his age (which I know has much to do with the new faith he has found), is administering the entire region capably. We have a safe buffer against the chaotic remnants of the Mexican government further to the south.

Our victory would not have been possible were it not for support from the Californian soldiers. Cooperation with the Californians increases daily to all of our benefit. The Sante Fe railway, from Houston to San Fransisco, has just been completed after many years' work. The telegraph lines are back up. Further construction is ongoing. Governor EJ Davis of Texas has informed me he has quite a substantial number of US Navy vessels in harbor in Galveston Bay, most of them in disrepair; unable to repair them himself, he has agreed to send them on a perilous journey to San Francisco, where we will work with the Californians to restore them to full usefulness.

The other territories are fully united with us. On this front I have good news: Arizona and New Mexico have agreed to allow the practice of plural marriage to resume there; no longer do other Saints living outside of Utah have to live in fear of the government. Now that the suppression of Northern Mexico is complete, Governor Davis has asked us to lend him some soldiers to help him quell unrest and resist further invasion from the dangerous cannibals and bandits from the east. A regiment is already headed towards Austin; more will be sent as soon as the Lieutenant governor has sorted out the details.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, and we all know the source of that light. We thank God for his grace, generosity and guidance.

The following map was recently printed by the Mormon Tribune:

utah1885report.png

Key

Territories:
Bright Orange: Utah Proper
Dull Orange: Territories De Facto controlled by Utah
Red: EJ Davis' martially-administered Texas, in full cooperation with the Utah government
Dark Red: California
Grey: Areas actively being brought under the control of Utah

Railroads:
Solid Grey: The newly completed Sante Fe line, built with Californio-Utahn cooperation
Dotted Grey: Planned expansions

Invest 1 IP in an Army
Donate 2 IP to Californios
for the purpose of their building a navy.

" Those Stinking British has sent us back what can only be described as an Insult to us. Us become Protectorates of the British Laughable. I sent an offer of alliance as Equals as that is what we are. Maybe the Mongolians will be more reasonable than those arrogant fools. Give me more paper A second letter must be sent."

Dear The Honourable Military Council of the Mongols and other Peoples under Mongol Rules.

I'm ever so sorry If the contents of the Letter to the British Upset you but you have good reason to be marauding and seizing land. Your homeland was hit hard by the fall and your aggression is but a minor flaw next to the almighty Arrogance of the British. An Alliance to oppose them by blocking them in India would not only be a wise move but also One that any wise ruler would agree too. By working together we may just be able to cure the British of their arrogance once and for all. What do you say to What I hope is a reasonable proposal?

From the Honourable Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu

Dear Honourable Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu,

First I would like to thank you for your offer. We, Mongolians believe that we need peace in world because of the event known as the Fall. So if we accept your offer now, then it would harm world peace. Therefore we have to decline it for now.

Yours faithfully,

Signed by Magsarjav. /Leader of Military Council/

Dear Honourable Shogun Tokugawa Yoshinobu,

First I would like to thank you for your offer. We, Mongolians believe that we need peace in world because of the event known as the Fall. So if we accept your offer now, then it would harm world peace. Therefore we have to decline it for now.

Yours faithfully,

Signed by Magsarjav. /Leader of Military Council/

Dear Magsarjav Leader of the Military council of The Mongolians

I Accept that you now feel the need for peace and Find it is good that the Mongolians do not share the Arrogance of the British. The offer will remain on the Table until you feel you want to accept it or the Situation between our two nations Changes.

From Tokugawa Yoshinobu Honourable Shogun of Japan.

Port City of Osaka 1887

"Hear now the might of Our industry has built this fleet. Our forces are ready to begin civilising lands that have fallen into disorder The fleet will redeploy to off the Coast of China. Also We have begun using contacts in China as well as large numbers of Chinese who fled here to Form a Chinese Liberation army as part of the Japanese Army (using my one culture point If you'll let me) then all three armies will begin the Full scale attack on the Chinese Mainland Victory to Japan."

OOC: Do you understand my orders

Günter von Poshinger breathed in the fresh sea air. The ocean sparkled in the morning light, and he looked over a chart in his cabin while waiting on his mid morning tea. Never had a von Poshinger taken to the sea before, and especially not as a captain. It was hard to remember what life was like in the Alps at his ancestral home and that made no matter: he did not miss it. The Pluto was not the largest ship in the fleet, nor was it the fastest, but she was a good ship. Company crewed meant it was crewed by professionals, unlike the more mottley ships of the fleet which operated solely out of the principle of 'private investment'. Freelancer captains and ships were not entirely uncommon, but Günter felt that their somewhat disorganised presence was coming to an end. Captain von Poshinger was a professional captain and he commanded a professional crew and because of that he felt his connection to the old world. There was a dignity in this new company professionalism.

He tapped his fingers impatiently on the table top, as he felt the sun on his neck. The tapping produced a crinkling aftersound of paper as they struck the chart. He reviewed the course in his boredom, the Pluto should be rounding to the northern side of Borneo soon enough, and they hoped to put into Muara some time early on the morrow. Former Brunei, Captain von Poshinger mused. Not too long ago the Sultan had been placed under house arrest by revolutionaries proclaiming the "sovereignty of the individual" and quoting from the Declaration of Free Men. Then some newspapers had claimed that it was a company backed coup, but he just thought this was sensationalist journalism, designed to sell papers. The sultan still lived as a rich man and former Brunei was still and islamic society, but politically this company brand anarchy prevailed. To a limited extent though the liberal ideas had found some place in the hearts of the natives, especially amongst the younger elements. Indeed, the intermixing of ideas was not the only mingling of Company and native culture: Indeed, it was not uncommon for Company men posted to Borneo to take native brides and adopt native customs. This was particularly true amongst the former Englishmen of the Company's employ. But von Poshinger would have none of this. He saw it as a disgrace to his heritage and to the company uniform. His door bell sounded as the cook with a large pot of tea entered the cabin.

Last edited:
OOC: I've just noticed the wonderful Embassies index, GBIT. You have my hearty thanks, and I have seized upon the opportunity to edit in links to my various In Character posts. Speaking from experience in the previous game, I believe it would save all of us a not-inconsiderable amount of confusion were we to, at the very least, link all public treaties in this central location.

OOC: I hope you like this. I wanted to create a mix between tribal federalism, share-minded apocalipticism and Islamic brotherhood, with a bit of Fremen and Ottoman thrown in there. I suppose its not too far into fantasy. "Hippie muslims" may sound strange, but I view the Fall as a sort of blank check. No society would survive unharmed.

It's splendid work, my good man. Fascinating business!

Also, in the hopes of starting a trend, and to make it easier for other players, and myself, I will, in each of my turn, post the location and movements of my armies and navies, as long as I see no reprecussions and such from this. Once I see m gesture abused, I reserve the right to post misinformation.

With that in mind:

The armies of the House Of The People:
Persia-Teheran region: 3
En route to Damascus-Levant region: 1+1

Armies not on the attack have no physical location; as far as I remain aware, they are divided equally between targeted provinces if you find yourself on the receiving end of an assault. At any length, there is no opportunity for misinformation, considering that all movements must be publicly announced. There is also no reason to leave a force on defensive duties when not under attack - you are always free to update them if the victim of a new war, ostensibly.

Le Temps Nouveau

Victory at Casablanca
Our brave forces have successfully taken the ruined Moroccan port of Casablanca, the last significant point of resistance on Morocco's Atlantic coast. This marks the effective end of the chaotic civil war that has raged in the former kingdom since the fall. The region is now under the control of the French Army as the Départements Maroc.

ma_fr!cb.gif

Official flag of French Morocco

With most of the native population in the coastal region killed by tsunamis or famine, there are significant tracts of arable land going untended in Morocco. These lands are under Imperial administration, but land grants have been promised to veterans after their terms of service are completed. Further lands are expected to be opened for settlement and cultivation in the near future.

With the submission of the Bey of Tunis last year, the success of the Moroccan campaign leaves all of North Africa under the French Empire from the Atlantic to Egypt.

A Union with Spain?
Imperial Envoys formally presented the Spanish Crown with a proposal for a dynastic marriage and treaty of cooperation. France's ambassador to the Spanish court in Grenada called the proposal "a landmark in Franco-Spanish relations."
Spain has suffered from famine and civil disorder, but heavy snows in the Pyrennes have kept hordes of refugees from compounding the problems. Under the terms of the proposed treaty Spanish refugees would be allowed to settle in the French Empire, and the way would be paved for a full union of the two realms when Emperor Napoleon IV sires an heir on the Spanish Infanta Maria.

Spend 5 CP in an attempt to diplomatically annex Spain

De l'Isle Under Siege in Timbuktu
General Briere de l'Isle, self-proclaimed Acting President of the French Republic, is reportedly besieged with the remains of his army in the ancient city of Timbuktu. The military Governor of France's West African colonies, de l'Isle has refused to accept the Emperor's authority. Instead General de l'Isle and his surviving French forces have carved out a private kingdom in West Africa. In recent years, a lack of replacement parts and ammunition have weakened de l'Isle's forces, and native chiefs have risen up against him.

Imperial Army sources would neither confirm nor deny that Imperial French forces were preparing a rescue mission, but Le Temps has confirmed that large numbers of native auxileries and porters have been hired in recent days.

Build one new army, then attack West Africa with all 4 armies

Last edited:
Military Aviation Research to Resume
Gaston Tissandier has been placed in charge of a group of scientists dedicated to rediscovering and advancing the science of Aeronautics. Tissandier is a widely respected scientist and balloonist. He pioneered the military use of airships, escaping the besieged city of Paris via balloon. He also built the first airship to be propelled by an electric motor, and lost his hearing while setting an altitude record of 8,600 meters in 1875. He is also a celebrated chemist and meteorologist, and founded the weekly scientific magazine La Nature.

"Sadly, much of the progress we had made in aeronautics over the past generation was lost in the Fall" Tissandier told Le Temps. "The complex apparatuses and carefully constructed devices necessary for advanced ballooning were simply too specialized to be common, and cruelly they were concentrated in the very places that were destroyed, particularly Paris. But in time, I have no doubt that Frenchmen will lead mankind into the skies again."

Invest 1 IP in Airship level 2 (only 24 more to go! )

VICTORY IN THE SOUTH!
The strength of the Californian people was on display for the world to see yesterday, as our magnificent forces crushed the twisted abomination of a force created by the Mexicans and the various bandits we drove from this land not too long ago. Our friends in Utah were fighting the good fight, but the forces of the devil were strong. As the Utahn forces were beginning to withdraw after several hours of fighting, our glorious men marched into the fray, destroying the final push of the bandit force in the nick of time. This resplendent victory is being celebrated in the streets, as you no doubt know.

Most of us lost relatives in the Fall, and all of us lost friends and family members to the southward diaspora. It is heartening to know that they are free to settle the land of Northern Mexico now, along of course with the members of whatever the Mormons are calling their holdings now. This new territory is being led by John Fremont, who many of us remember from before the Fall as the governor of Arizona. Thank the Lord for his gracious judgement on our people!

GRACIOUS NEIGHBORS
Out of thankfulness for our superb actions and support, the people of Utah have decided to send what is left of the fleet in Galveston to port in our bays. May this Great White Fleet be repaired and set sailing soon, in pursuit of our manifest destiny. We are all descended from the frontiersmen who set out west, deciding to give up an easy life in hopes of making something of themselves, pursuing their destiny; may this will continue in our people! We here at the Chronicle would like to speak on behalf of the Californios when we say thank you for this generous gift.

MARIAN TO SET SAIL
Shawn Marian has decided to take our forces, promote the defense of our people, and expand our capabilities all while exploring our manifest destiny by setting sail for Cuba and Hispaniola, in the hopes of taking what was first claimed by the great Christopher Columbus, to whom we owe so much. Our shining new fleet should impress the locals, and if not, well, they must be taught the Californian way! America had economic interests in the region before the Fall, and hopefully this fertile region, rightfully American and thus ours, shall understand the importance and justness of this mission.

-A.W.

Use 2 IP to finish navy (Great White Fleet, or GWF). Use 2 CP to create 2 armies (1 CP can be invested as 2 IP, so I assume they are worth 2 IP), load 5 armies onto GWF. Move to Caribbean and attack. Invest 2 CP as 4 IP into the Army category, unless any armies are destroyed in the battle with the Caribbeans, in which case use 1 CP for an army if one army is destroyed or 2 CP for two armies if two or more are destroyed in the battle.

OOC: South Africa has not made any moves since declaring its presence. How do we handle quitters/people who don't play? After five turns of no activity, should their nation dissolve?

Last edited:
OOC: I think CP can only be converted directly to IP for the purposes of tech research. Anything else you need to PM GBIT for.

OOC: I think CP can only be converted directly to IP for the purposes of tech research. Anything else you need to PM GBIT for.

OOC: Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.

rel-lds.gif

Homestead Settlement of Refugees
Policies Encourage Conversion to the LDS Faith

The Territories have been absolutely inundated with refugees in the past 7 years. Numberless refugees from the North and East, and even California, have been straining food supplies. But with vast land areas under their de facto control, the Utah government has realized the best way to control and permanently settle these people is in the same manner the United States began to tame the West.

The following are examples of public announcements being published in every major settlement in the Territories, showing the development agenda of the Utahn government.

Announcement: Homesteading the Eastern Frontier

The Great Plains offer plentiful, fertile land, but has fallen into disuse since the Fall. Zion’s Board of Trade is implementing a Homestead Rule, where anyone brave and hardworking enough to settle on unoccupied land are entitled to 120 acres, plus 60 acres per wife, so long as the live on the land and improve it..

The Homestead Rule applies to all unoccupied land north of the Red River and east of the Rocky Mountain. For safety’s sake, the Territorial Scouting Corp recommends all settlers stay south and west of the Platte-Missouri-Mississippi Rivers.

To support these efforts, we are building new railways linking Salt Lake City and Dallas to the newly established military outposts in the remnants of Kansas City and St. Louis. Railway laborers are needed, and will be compensated in silver.

For more information, please inquire with your local Zion's Board of Trade representative.

Attention! Mexican homesteads are yours for the taking!

Productive land seized from the Mexican banditos can be yours! Enterprising Americans can register with Zion’s Board of Trade and be assigned up to 1000 acres (200 acres per adult per family) of productive land that has newly been acquired and can now be put to good use!

John C. Fremont of the Territorial Armies guarantees your safety and security while you profit from helping us secure and tame this wild land.

For more information, please inquire with your local Zion's Board of Trade representative.

It does not escape notice that Mormons, the only practitioners of plural marriage, are given grossly favorable treatment by these rules. But this has not sparked much outrage; in the wake of the Fall, many are willing to convert. To facilitate this, Mormon temples have greatly relaxed the official conversion rules. Already there have been some cases of single man and two or more women walking into a temple, converting, all getting married, and then going next door to the Zion's Board of Trade office to receive a massive land grant. All of this is by design.

Last edited:
From diaries of Hamilton Bower (British military officer)

Part III

Today I bought a Mongolian newspaper called "Ugluu" (Morning) which is first newspaper that published in Kingdom of Mongolia. The headline was "Mongolian troops had to withdraw from Central Asia". But according to my information, Mongolians have suffered heavy defeat in Transoxiana. I think they didn't expect it and tried to tone down their defeat by some excuses from what I have read.

Also the newspaper had some more interesting news like "New division that will consists of mixed ethnic people", "New law for military draft is discussed" and so on.

Order: Use 2 IP to build 1 infantry and invest 1 CP to Army technology. (23 IP till second tier)

200px-Coat_Arms_Empire_of_Brazil.svg.png

Council of Ministers of the Empire of Brazil

Minsters sat around large table, sitting in well made comfortable chairs. Among the grandiose decorations of Imperial Palace, they listened latest report concerning the Colombian Empire. Marshal Deodoro da Fonseca looked thoughtfully at the glistering windows where the sun falling into the distance, it sky ever blood-red ever present from the Fall. "This Colombian Empire concerns me..." Marshal softly said. One red faced minister responded quite loudly, "This Empire is a threat. A threat to our Empire should be destroyed. Erased from the map utterly! Who can tell what this Empire will do next? They might even attempt to conquer our northern territory that we currently lack full control of." Marshal considered it over and replied. No, I do not think that will happen. Colombians should know that we once controlled that northern territory and we will no doubt take very dim view of their attempts to gain control of our northern provinces.

Foreign Minister finished up with simple ending, "It seems that they wish to conquer all Spanish speaking nations." Marshal settled back restfully down into his chair and replied cheerfully, "Well, we certainly do not speak Spanish so that should mean that northern provinces should be safe from their aggression." Foreign Minister smiled slightly before replying, "Apart from the fact it would mean that the Colombian Empire will hold upper hands in any conflict..." The outspoken minster looked angry at this and barked, "Exactly! Sooner or later, they will gaze their eyes toward us and we would be destroyed as an Empire."

Marshal looked at the window again, attempting to ignore the call of blood and war against the enemies. It is bad enough to use the Army killing their own people in name of stability but to sending them away from the Empire to pay ultimate price in an attempt to destroy another. "No, not at the moment. We cannot afford to lose any more men in the Army. It is better to offer our opening hand toward potential threats rather than standing over them and slaughter them repetitively. It is time to send someone with experience to offer the Colombian Empire a chance of stability over this continent."

Foreign Minister looked thoughtfully as he ran through sadly short list, "I can think of three men that would perform their task admirably, telling them one thing, getting them to agree to the idea is quite another skill required" Marshal on other hand glanced at him with hint of seriousness in his eyes. "On the contrary, I can think someone far more ideally senior enough..."

Why ME! The Foreign Minister thought to himself within privacy in his mind. He glanced at his golden watch once more, the hand if remotely possible was moving even slower than he naturally expected. He kept pacing around the privacy of his lavishly appointed room. But no, my lord and master decides to send me all the way to Bogotá. So called Empire He thought to himself bitterly. Eventually, he was able to meet the representatives of Colombian Empire and have this to say.

"Greetings. As some of you are already aware, I am Foreign Minister of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Pedro III of Orléans-Braganza of Brazil. I am sent here to give greeting to this realm and congrats you on your latest conquests. That action is viewed understandably with hint of concern..." He paused with hint of amusement for a moment while recalling certain red faced minister who does not treat these people as hint of concern but a cancer that should be removed along with much pounds flesh as possible permanently. "Therefore, to ensure that we will not step on each other's toes, a treaty of non aggression pact and sphere of influence and control would be ideal clearly putting borders of our two Empires clearly on the map. This is the map that my Empire consider as our rightful lands and will view any attempts on these territories would be dealt with forcefully. The Empire truly believe that the Southern border of Brazil should be much further south than before Fall due to necessary needs."

The map was shown as followed:
twinempiremap.png

Last edited: