+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MEIOU on Divine Wind for Mac

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwire View Post
    Eh that's what I meant, sorry. Literally no files in there. Ah bloody hell it's never simple is it.
    There have to be logs somewhere ^^... But I am afraid I can only assume where to find them, since I don't own the appstore version of Chronicles. If the appstore version comes as one single-file application you have to open the package to install mod files? So the Data folder is inside the application package. If there is no logs folder, it has to be in the Application Support folder.

I have previously bought X3 Albion Prelude from vpltd, which is by the way the mac publisher/programmer company of EU III. For X3 AP the games document folder can be found in /Users/{your user}/Library/Application Support/com.vpltd.X3AP-MAS. Assuming that they deal with game documents for EU III Chronicles in the same way the game documents and logs folder should be in /Users/{your user}/Library/Application Support/com.vpltd.EUChronicles-MAS or something similar Logs should be there

If you have your Library folder invisible, you can make it visible with a Terminal command like this: chflags nohidden /Users/{your user}/Library/

I hope you now find the logs

Bye

Wawanee

Ah! Wawanee you are a wonderful man, I'd been looking inside the App package. Still not particularly Mac savvy.

Here's a transcript of the log...

[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 272
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 275
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: MIN, near line: 742
    Unexpected token: TAC, near line: 743
    Unexpected token: FUJ, near line: 744
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 745
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 750
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 754
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 857
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 861
    [effecthandler.cpp:89]: D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed for file: gfx/FX/river.fx. Couldn't open file.

Ah! Wawanee you are a wonderful man, I'd been looking inside the App package. Still not particularly Mac savvy.

Here's a transcript of the log...

[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 272
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 275
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: MIN, near line: 742
    Unexpected token: TAC, near line: 743
    Unexpected token: FUJ, near line: 744
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 745
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 750
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 754
    [persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: =, near line: 857
    " in file: "achievements\achievements.txt" near line: 861
    [effecthandler.cpp:89]: D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed for file: gfx/FX/river.fx. Couldn't open file.
    That's weird... Your permissions are correct. The file should be accessible. Does EU3 Chronicles start without problems, if you choose original game at the startup dialog?

Is there a second mod folder maybe in the Application Support/EU3 Chronicles folder?

I will see what I can do, but I am missing the Chronicles MAS version. So reproducing this error will be nearly impossible...

Bye

Wawanee

Yeah I've been playing Vanilla quite happily for a few months.

There is indeed a Mod folder in the application support area, with a MEIOU subfolder inside it. There's very little in that MEIOU folder. I did all the installation procedure to the Mod folder inside the application package in applications as I wasn't aware of the App Support folder...

Thanks for putting time into this, I appreciate it. If we reach a point where you can't help, I totally understand

Yeah I've been playing Vanilla quite happily for a few months.

There is indeed a Mod folder in the application support area, with a MEIOU subfolder inside it. There's very little in that MEIOU folder. I did all the installation procedure to the Mod folder inside the application package in applications as I wasn't aware of the App Support folder...

Thanks for putting time into this, I appreciate it. If we reach a point where you can't help, I totally understand
    Oh I am not giving up that easy Let's get back to the basic informations. Which Mac and which Mac OS X do you use? I assume that you use Lion, since you have bought the appstore version.

Do the other logs have any output?

Did you try and reinstall the whole application or did you move it from the applications folder?

There has to be a cause for this problem...

Bye

Wawanee

Well again, thankyou for helping a newbie so comprehensively... A refreshing welcome to a forum, lemme tell you...

Okay, basics then.... I'm on an early 2011 MacBook Pro, smallest screen size (I forget the exact inches), and it uses Snow Leopard.

Originally it was installed to the Applications Folder, but several months ago I moved the App Package into a new folder (Games, on my desktop). This didn't cause any issues, and all save games were still playable as well.

There's output in eon.txt, game.log, setup.log and system.log

Would any of those help?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Well again, thankyou for helping a newbie so comprehensively... A refreshing welcome to a forum, lemme tell you...
    That's the main thing i love about this forum and try to uphold
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Ahh... you're welcome! Since VPLtd has no support and no help for mac users anymore (they have closed their forum recently) someone has to help And since Gigau and friends have compiled this sensational mod I feel like everyone should be able to enjoy this kind of EU 3 feeling

Okay, basics then.... I'm on an early 2011 MacBook Pro, smallest screen size (I forget the exact inches), and it uses Snow Leopard.

Originally it was installed to the Applications Folder, but several months ago I moved the App Package into a new folder (Games, on my desktop). This didn't cause any issues, and all save games were still playable as well.

There's output in eon.txt, game.log, setup.log and system.log

Would any of those help?
    The last couple days I tried to reproduce your error and it seems like nothing could cause this... Did you try and move the application back to the Applications folder? I have noticed that moving applications in subfolders of the Applications folder could lead into some weird behavior like daemon programs not starting when they are bundled inside the app package.

Did you try some other mods for DW/Chronicles?

And yes... maybe we will find some additional info in the other log files. Could you just pm me them

Bye

Wawanee

Bizarre that you can't reproduce this. Bizarre, and yet... somehow expected. Sigh.

I've put the app package back into the main Applications folder. Same result ensued, but ah well.

When I get home this evening, I'll message you those logs. I don't have any other mods installed, and never have, so maybe I'll try and see if they work...

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV

After a long time not playing this game and mod I have come back to the fold.

Many thanks for this Mac guide, Wawanee. For me works a treat. I thought after changing to a Mac I would never be able to play MEIOU again.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Hi,

I've tried installing MEIOU by your guide twice now, first time the game didn't start at all and the second time it just changed the loading screen, even though I checked that I did everything properly.
    May this be due to having a newer version of MEIOU downloaded?

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdyx View Post
    Hi,

I've tried installing MEIOU by your guide twice now, first time the game didn't start at all and the second time it just changed the loading screen, even though I checked that I did everything properly.
    I'm not sure anything that has been modified since could cause such a problem.

Unfortunately, not playing on Mac, i can't be of much help.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Well that's sad but thanks anyway, hopefully I get that problem solved myself.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    Well that's sad but thanks anyway, hopefully I get that problem solved myself.
    Maybe try and contact Wawanee for possible help.
    •

Hi,

What did the logs say? And what version of EU III for Mac do you have?

I am pretty sure that the newer version of MEIOU doesn't cause any additional problems...

Bye

Wawanee

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Yeah, happens to me too. I've downloaded version 5.3.3, as the previous I had (5.3.1) had some bugs, but it crashes as soon as I start it, after the loading screen...

The eon.txt says the following:
    [thread 00000000][I]: Default allowed number of simultaneously open files in the system is 10000.
    [thread 00000000][I]: Setting allowed number of simultaneously open files to OPEN_MAX = 10240
    [thread 00000000][I]: setrlimit() failed with errno 1
    [thread 00000000][I]: NSWindow for window 0x19697d0 is 0x191b4e0
    [thread 00000000][I]: Available video memory: 268435456
    [thread 00000000][I]: Available texture memory: 249561088
    [thread 00000000][I]: Recommended max number of vertices adressed in one glDrawRangeElements() call: 2048
    [thread 00000000][I]: Recommended max number of indices adressed in one glDrawRangeElements() call: 150000
    [thread 00000000][I]: Closing NSWindow 0x191b4e0 for window 0x19697d0

Actually, I can be even a bit more specific. I was playing BRA and trying to form Prussia, with version 5.3.1. I conquered all of the Teutonic Order's provinces except for one with Polish culture that I can't remember it's name. I had core in two of them but I still couldn't form. This was giving me huge infamy and well, a bit of a disappointment...

So I though, as there's a change in Prussia in changelog for 5.3.3, I decided to try and grab the Prussia and Historical nations decision files and replace them in the 5.3.1 installed MEIOU. The game still worked, but I still couldn't form Prussia, and I had three new weird events (one of which crashed the game).

After all, I decided I should install the full 5.3.3 update (replacing the data files for the vanilla and starting fresh), as in the guide instructs. Since then I was unable to play the game...

Hmm... I still think that there was a problem with the modifications that need to be done. You really need to have a look at the other logs besides eon.txt, mainly system_error.log and error.log. And that's why I asked you for your version of EU III. If you have EU III Divine Wind, like I do, you will find the logs inside your Europa Universalis folder in /Data/logs. If you have EU III Chronicles from the Mac App Store, the logs are in your Library at /Users/{your user}/Library/Application Support/com.vpltd.EUChronicles-MAS/Logs ...

Meanwhile I will try and reinstall the latest version of MEIOU on a vanilla Divine Wind and see if my instructions still work properly...

Bye

Wawanee

Edit: Ahhh! Now I see that you have Chronicles (the non-MAS version), since you have entered a registration code for that game Okay... /Data/logs/error.log please

Awsome, thanks for the help.

I have the Chronicles version, got it from Gamersgate. As soon as I have the logs I'll post them here... I'd guess between 19:30 and 23:30 GMT.

Three days without my fix of MEIOU it's proving too much for me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast