• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cakes

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
Apr 13, 2003
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
I have just managed to stand up to Germany in Core 0.5 as France.
Once Italy joined the Axis and declared war (and I had fought off Spain and Portugal with the UK's help) I decided to send some tanks and inf on a tour of the Italian mainland.
I had every Italian province from Genoa to Taranto under French control. I dont get the opportunity to Annex but all of a sudden, the whole country goes back to Italian rule "as a puppet of the UK".
Is there a specific 'Event' for this, because its bloody annoying. :angry:

#C :cool:

edit.
Yep, I've found some Italian events. Not sure if its working correctly though..

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Ahh, I see you coded the events! :)

I knew I couldnt annex without having territory under my command, but the Event kicks in with no input and gives the whole of Italy to the UK. I had the whole mainland including their true Capital.
Maybe if the battle had gone Historically, and France had capitulated; then you could see the case for giving Italy to the UK (before the US joined the war).
However; if you are off the historical track, the event doesnt seem to allow for it.

Thoughts?

#C

edit..
Basically, as Italy is not under my control, my Supply route through Italy to the a$$ of Germany sucks. Plus, invaded territory is Italian by default. Grrrrr.

This would be a monstrous trigger and/or event series if you want to check for all possible occupants and outcomes, not talking about mixed occupants. At least the CORE surrender events work better than the vanilla events.
I did not code the evens, just a massive manipulation of the vanilla events for two possible scenarios (with and without RSI).

I suppose it would.
Mind you, the only Allied countries that have a chance of invading an Axis Italy (realistically) are UK, USA and France. Might not be that much bigger (as USA and UK are already represented in the trigger)?

It seems that everyone assumes that France is going to get crushed by Germany.

Right.. I'm off to manually edit a few provinces in my savegame. ;)

There's a similar issue with Japan, where even in a war where the US never enters the war (Japan DoWing on Britain, for example, as happened in one of my Britain games), the Japanese surrender event will give them and Korea as puppets of the USA. Then again, that might have just been vanilla AoD... my memory is hazy about if that was CORE or not.

More an issue that only one Japanese surrender event - again, at least in vanilla AoD, I can't recall if CORE has one or not - was written, and it assumes that the USA has defeated Japan, as happened historically, and didn't take into account the possibility of any other country defeating them!

The 'event bug' term was a fairly wide net. I thought it was the same as the events for Italy whereby France doesnt get a look in. :)
I think that one or two more 'possibilities' need to be added - certainly to the major events anyway; such as the fall of Italy and Japan.

#C