Pro Fide, Pro Utilitate Hominum - For Faith, in the Service of Mankind
Hello, and welcome to my first ever After-Action Report longer than a few posts in one of the multiplayer games I participate in. I will, naturally, be playing as the Knights of Saint John, a challenging nation that I have never played before in my life. The AAR will use a Narrative/History book/Journal mashup format. The game will be played on Divine Wind, 5.1, as much as I despise the Steppe Nomads government, I don't have a copy of HT3 that isn't Steam-based and I can't stand the ugliness of the pre-DW map. Start date will be the 24th of June, 1400... the feastday of the Nativity of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of the Knights Hospitaller.
- I will not re-load the save. This is a significant change from all my previous, non-multiplayer games, where reloading the save was a matter of course when things went bad. Also, no exploits. They are cheap and horrible.
- I will not change to Protestant, Orthodox or Reformed. I will remain a devout Catholic nation.
- In the same vein, I will remain a Theocracy for the entire game, unless certain roleplaying events cause me to change to a monarchy (powerhungry Grand Masters, perhaps?)
- I will not attack other Catholics without just cause.
- I will not commit absurd actions to save the Order's skin. For example, I won't go colonising in the Americas without due cause, I won't sail around the Cape of Good Hope and start taking India while having a bare handful of provinces in Europe, etc.
- I will remain Maltese-cultured, because I like pain, suffering, and tax penalties. Though I for one don't understand why the Knights are Maltese, they weren't the Knights of Malta until the 16th Century.
- Anything else I can think of during the course of the game.
- Retake the Levant, and establish a new Latin Empire in Greece.
- Take the Barbary Coast, and end the existence of the Barbary Pirates once and for all. The scum are a plague upon Christianity.
- Upon achieving these goals, I will expand as I see fit. Expansion will mainly be deeper into Arabia, and possibly down the Red Sea into India and Asia.
- Normal difficulty
- Low AI aggressiveness
- Inflation on
- Spread of Land and Sea set to 75 years
- No lucky nations