+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: "Est Modus in Rebus" — Tuesdays, 20:30 CET

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Well ashaila, thanks for playing, hope there are no hard feelings. You were in a pretty tough position throughout, and played well mechanically and even in the wars but I think it came down to diplomacy failure in the end. I think it was probably critical you maintained good relations with Austria and entered into a defensive pact against Burgundy...after Franco-Austrian relations took a dive England and Burgundy seized the opportunity and managed to mostly isolate you during the first major war, from which you rightly agree you never properly recovered from. But, ultimately, that is the beauty of MP EU3 - that everything is on the line, always, and the challenge presented by other players is an ever-present threat. I hope you can join us later on as a sub or possibly with edits even another nation? Cheers.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

France certainly made the best of a bad situation, yes. It was well played on his part -- but England and Burgundy really outmaneuvered him diplomatically more than militarily.

And now - I, for one, welcome our new British and Burgundian overlords.
    Italy in "Est Modus in Rebus"
    Portugal in "Ultima Ratio"
    House Capet in "CK2 For Cabal Winners"

MSN - wiggyboy316@hotmail.com

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne

Save game for Luminary (and anyone else who missed it):
    Attached Files
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk

Master of Cabalic Ceremonies Mach1av3ll1's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by ashalia View Post
    And i didn't ask more on Burgundy because i wanted to keep good relation with Mach/Sid. I really don't know why Mach talked (on msn) about possible agreements and after that Sid was looking for my lands xD
    I feel like putting me and Sid in the same country leads to confusing diplomacy. It's like dealing with a bi-polar girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminary View Post
    And now - I, for one, welcome our new British and Burgundian overlords.
    Huzzah!
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

"Do you have any young lustful daughters I can marry?" - Manchester

Well ashaila, thanks for playing, hope there are no hard feelings. You were in a pretty tough position throughout, and played well mechanically and even in the wars but I think it came down to diplomacy failure in the end. I think it was probably critical you maintained good relations with Austria and entered into a defensive pact against Burgundy...after Franco-Austrian relations took a dive England and Burgundy seized the opportunity and managed to mostly isolate you during the first major war, from which you rightly agree you never properly recovered from. But, ultimately, that is the beauty of MP EU3 - that everything is on the line, always, and the challenge presented by other players is an ever-present threat. I hope you can join us later on as a sub or possibly with edits even another nation? Cheers.
    Thanks Sharpcat, no hard feelings against you, at your place i should have done the same
    My mistakes, ally with Austria and after being too nice with Mach wasn't a good choice, i thought i will have new agreements with Burgundy, but like say Mach, it's really hard to make agreements with a country in wich there are 2 leaders xD
    I make a litle agreement with Saharez because i suspected Mach/Sid want to kill me... In fact it's because i chose this path i was killed sigh...
    So yeah , you wonderfully take advantage of my diplomatic errors.

I will wait for Silk about his opinion. I'm not sure i can save France after these two wars if alliances still remain like that so i have two options, take another country (if everyone is ok with that) or retire from this game. In any case i learnt smething.
    A good Burgundy is a Burgundy dead (first time i've tried to continue good relations with Burgundy when leading France)
    Last edited by ashalia; 22-02-2012 at 09:39.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It'd be a shame to see France leave though, since that'll result in a very quick division of France between it's neighbours. I would, after all, imagine that European powers in general would not be too happy with France continuously losing territory to England and Burgundy, so I would imagine next wars with these alliances would get more foreign support. Portugal for one isn't happy with current situation since it has nothing to gain by having France weaken. In the case of an AI France, the fairly meager Portugese army would probably support any possible Spanish land grab in France, but with a player-controlled France Portugal's support would probably be given to France.

King João III Brahe of Portugal sees the current political situation in Europe sad with nothing positive for Portugal happening nor the situation allowing Portugal to further it's secret ambitions in Europe. On the other hand the king has to note that the political developments of the eastern Europe - for Portugal eastern Europe starts at France - do not concern the peace-loving Portugese people overly much either.
    I'm rock. Scissors are fine, but the paper needs some nerf.

The English king thinks the quaint mariners of Portugal are very amusing with their silly hats and pretensions of progressive civilization. Indeed, the court jester often depicts King Joao Brahe facing east and extolling the virtues of Portuguese seamanship until he is red in the face, right before the ship jibes and the boom sweeps him off the deck entirely. Suffice to say the court roars with laughter at the funny little man.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk

Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The Duke of Burgundy has summoned his armies and read the Portuguese declaration to his vast horde of soldiers, and the hills rolled with laughter.
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm not sure what happened, but i have the impression that my friend didn't make it to the game? If so i'm sorry about causing problems.
    Director of Suomalais-Kelttiläinen liittokunta (Comhtháthú Fionlannach-Ceilteach)

Doing his own thing TheArchduke's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

I would like to throw my hat in the ring as a sub so I can get back into the mp game.
    Robert Wilson Lynd: "The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war appears to be one of the most ancient and dangerous of human illusions."

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

It's possible we may need a new Hansa player, Arch. France might need a hero on the other hand: Ashalia is still unsure whether to continue — despite my efforts to convince him it's feasible. Maps and reports will follow tomorrow.

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alistus View Post
    I'm not sure what happened, but i have the impression that my friend didn't make it to the game? If so i'm sorry about causing problems.
    We speculated with anticipation on who your friend might be, many hoped we'd play with a gorgeously looking blonde — but ultimately nobody turned up. Magnum though agreed to join as a Castilian substitute (thanks). I am uncertain about his hair colour, but I can safely say he did well and showed admirable initiative by participating in a large war on France's side.
    Last edited by silktrader; 22-02-2012 at 16:04.

Where's said maps and reports?

Unrelated, but Silktrader is it possible you could change the game time for 'Ultima Ratio' from 8PM CET to '19:30-23:30 CET' in the thread title? Appreciated.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    Unrelated, but Silktrader is it possible you could change the game time for 'Ultima Ratio' from 8PM CET to '19:30-23:30 CET' in the thread title? Appreciated.
    Is the game changing start time?

Indeed!
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk

About to head to bed so I can wake up at...5AM! Looking forward to the game though, see you tomorrow morning gentlemen.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk

Sorry, I won't be able to make it for today's game, something important came up. I would not mind perming Muscovy in the future, but if you find a different perm then that is fine as well.

Doing his own thing TheArchduke's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacy
    East India CompanyDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane

Something came up here as well, hope to jump in next week.
    Robert Wilson Lynd: "The belief in the possibility of a short decisive war appears to be one of the most ancient and dangerous of human illusions."

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Have anybody seen Silktrader around lately?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast