+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: "Est Modus in Rebus" — Tuesdays, 20:30 CET

Master of Cabalic Ceremonies Mach1av3ll1's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This crap happens all the time. I dont object but I find it silly to

A) Blame the defeat on the vassals of Austria who have yet to fight in France (I've got about 153.2 german vassals directly subject to me fighting in this war) and

B) edit the vassals out of the war.

Austria could have declined, although the prestige hit would hurt. He chose not to. That's how it goes senor. I've been called into many wars and whitepeaced with my vassals running amock.

That said, feel free to edit them out. Also, Ashalia I wrote you on msn, we can talk a bit during the week.
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

"Do you have any young lustful daughters I can marry?" - Manchester

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

We agreed we would exclusively edit issues stemming from the mod. Since Machiavelli doesn't condone the edit concerning Austrian vassals we're not going to proceed — blame her.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by silktrader View Post
    We agreed we would exclusively edit issues stemming from the mod. Since Machiavelli doesn't condone the edit concerning Austrian vassals we're not going to proceed — blame her.
    damn that mach woman!

also: shouldnt the roster be updated, no pilis...more scion in OE?
    Last edited by Scion; 15-02-2012 at 10:14.

Any maps of last session? Very keen to learn what happened.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by silktrader View Post
    "That said, feel free to edit them out." -
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    "That said, feel free to edit them out." -
    luls i no rite.

I think his point is that he said only issues stemming from the mod, whereas this is universal, and that he's too lazy and doesnt want to edit all those minors out of the war, which can get tricky

But forreals, with or without the edits I'm indifferent, simply wanted to express my thoughts.
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

England should have asked Saharez, and if he did and said he is ok, i consider the intervention of Austria like a betrayal even if he peace peace me right after the declaration.
    I made a great error to make an agreement with Austria.
    Another error follows directly from the first, i garentee the new vassals of Austria = Nevers... I thought he will intervene with me.

Errors are never remade twice
    Last edited by ashalia; 15-02-2012 at 13:59.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

I'm so sorry for not showing up yesterday, but i was studying for a test on a subject i didn't know a shit about just a day earlier, and it kinda went out of hand, after i finally finished at 21:00 or so i was too tired for EU3

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ashalia View Post
    England should have asked Saharez, and if he did and said he is ok, i consider the intervention of Austria like a betrayal even if he peace peace me right after the declaration.
    I made a great error to make an agreement with Austria.
    Another error follows directly from the first, i garentee the new vassals of Austria = Nevers... I thought he will intervene with me.

Errors are never remade twice
    England never asked Austria.

Austria is very upset with the situation as it is, but Austria is not sure how it should respond.

Austria is sad that Ashalia does not see the merit in the agreements that was made with Austria, in addition Austria will point out that Frances situation is not stemming from the agreements, but from choices made beyond what any agreement entailed.

So you should change your allies, how can you forgot an alliance treaty...?
    Seing all the minors of Austria by the side of my current ennemies is a betrayal, after all i've done to help you. That's my opinion.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordV2 BetaCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by saharez View Post
    Austria is very upset with the situation as it is, but Austria is not sure how it should respond.
    Does Austria like toffee ice cream?

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So you should change your allies, how can you forgot an alliance treaty...?
    Seing all the minors of Austria by the side of my current ennemies is a betrayal, after all i've done to help you. That's my opinion.
    England called me into a war out of forgetfullness, being a human he is bound to make mistakes, I was then faced with the choice of taking a prestige hit and losing important electors to your ally, Milan, which over the past decade had done alot to secure votes, given those circumstances I had to take the call, which is regretable considering it is very detrimental to me.
    You call it betrayal, I call your accusation empty and a baseless attempt to justify your impending defeat to yourself and the world.
    My vassals have had little to no impact on the war, 80% of the total vassal force have not yet been in any battles, another 10% was wiped out nearly instantly, which leaves roughly 3 regiments or so which have been opposing you.

As for how you forget an alliance, it is fairly simple, it has happened to most of the longterm players in this community at one time or another, is it careless? Definetely, foolish? Indeed, does it happen? Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Syber_sid View Post
    Does Austria like toffee ice cream?
    Austria absolutely loves toffee ice cream!
    Last edited by saharez; 15-02-2012 at 16:14.

I'm sure i had more chance against only England and Burgundy and their minors,
    definitely i could have lost too, because Burgundy is the most powerfull nation for the moment, maybe not, who knows?
    I helped you and see now all your minors against me. Your "error" is like a betrayal for me.

That's my opinion.
    And i would like to thanks again Luminary who help me trying to win this.

Quick note: The vassalized electors thing hasnt reset despite me releasing cologne atleast forever ago.

Sorry for the double post but this had to be done

"Mijn hertog van Bourgondië en Vlaanderen, hebben we onderschept een boodschap van de koning van Frankrijk aan de koning van Polen!"
    (My Duke of Burgundy, we have intercepted a message from the King of France to the King of Poland!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashalia III, King of France
    N'édites pas la save concernant les vassaux, si ce n'est pas déjà fais.

J'ai discuté avec Luminary II, Duc de Milan, et je vais accepter les conditions de Sharpcat "le rapace", Roi d'Angleterre.

Je suis désolé d'avoir un peu "perdu" les pédales hier mais j'ai ressentis assez mal ce que je considère comme une trahison de Saharez. Que Sharpcat vienne profité comme un rapace je m'y attendais et que Mach, Duc de Bourgogne vienne réclamer Nevers aussi
    Mais que Saharez m'abandonne à mon sort et ajoutes ses vassaux... ça non xD
    L'Angleterre ne l'emportera pas au paradis, même si c'est pas avec 10 navires que je vais l'envahir lol

Pareillement pour la pause, j'ai eu environ une trentaine de pop ups mdr...

Bonne journée
    "Ik zal sturen naar hertog Google van Vertalen voor onmiddellijke vertaling."

(I shall send it to Duc Google de Translate for immediate translation.)

PS: In the context of full disclosure I may or may not have edited in the titles under the umbrella of creative license.

EDIT: Decided to make it all in Dutch, you know the dukes of burgundy don't actually live in Burgundy after all.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 15-02-2012 at 16:56.

have you caught my diplomat in a tavern? lol
    And i suspect you rewrite some words there xD

have you caught my diplomat in a tavern? lol
    Indeed. And then I rufied him. And took his message. Nothing sexual happened...

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1av3ll1 View Post
    Nothing sexual happened...
    Better like that,
    he will suffer for the lose of this message

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

Mach, clear out your inbox please!
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1av3ll1 View Post
    Quick note: The vassalized electors thing hasnt reset despite me releasing cologne atleast forever ago.
    You won't believe the answer: it's because the Maldives were annexed (true story) — an illustrious example of Lorenz "butterfly effect". It's been fixed and should properly work next session.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast