+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PDM 4.5.2 download thread (for non-AHD, v1.4 only)

Oh, now i get it, my checksum is BBOQ. Alright, so i guess i will just resume my campaign and if i have the crash again i will check out that file and report my findings back here.

Hello
    I've encountered a bug while I was playing as Two Sicilies. France aided Sardinia-Piedmont in their war against Austria-Hungary. In the peace-deal Sardinia took Lombaria. This enabled them to fire the "Cavour's Diplomacy" event. This forced me to cede Romagna, which I had conquered earlier. Modena and Tuscany which were in my sphere were also annexed by Sardinia. Perhaps this event should be disabled if Two Sicilies was a major power? Or it would trigger a war between S-P and T-S
    Thanks in advance

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Zog View Post
    Hello
    I've encountered a bug while I was playing as Two Sicilies. France aided Sardinia-Piedmont in their war against Austria-Hungary. In the peace-deal Sardinia took Lombaria. This enabled them to fire the "Cavour's Diplomacy" event. This forced me to cede Romagna, which I had conquered earlier. Modena and Tuscany which were in my sphere were also annexed by Sardinia. Perhaps this event should be disabled if Two Sicilies was a major power? Or it would trigger a war between S-P and T-S
    Thanks in advance
    This is not a bug-- that's intended behavior, as these places join Sardinia without asking for permission from anyone else first (as they did historically). The most I would do is check for ownership/sphere-hood for these countries and provide a CB to a country who loses out.

but should it really work if I'm a great power? if yes, then a CB would be nice.

Leader of the Revolution etranger01's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is this the final stable version? I was considering starting a PDM AAR (since I don't have AHD and it's currently in early balancing stages anyway) but I want to make sure that all the kinks are worked out before I get going.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open manhole cover and die." -- Mel Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by etranger01 View Post
    Is this the final stable version? I was considering starting a PDM AAR (since I don't have AHD and it's currently in early balancing stages anyway) but I want to make sure that all the kinks are worked out before I get going.
    This was the last version for a non-AHD game, yes. And it's very stable.

Leader of the Revolution etranger01's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If Paradox comes out with an official 1.4 patch, will we get a new version of PDM Classic?
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall down an open manhole cover and die." -- Mel Brooks

If Paradox comes out with an official 1.4 patch, will we get a new version of PDM Classic?
    Yes-- very likely the 1.3 version of PDM would be retired, and 4.5.2 would be updated to a 4.FINAL. It depends on how many changes are in the 1.4 final (chances are they might include some things from AHD, hence the delay).

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Assuming of course they don't go and break the final patch then wash their hands of it like they did for EU3: Heir to the Throne.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

somewhere near Dresden i doubt anyone has ever heard of it
    found a bug when i played japan and sphered hail randomly which had conquered hedjaz und suddenly the decision appeared that i could form arabia if i would have all the cores and such for it

Quote Originally Posted by Thalzamar View Post
    found a bug when i played japan and sphered hail randomly which had conquered hedjaz und suddenly the decision appeared that i could form arabia if i would have all the cores and such for it
    It's an external formation decision, it's not a bug. You can do the same with Italy.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

somewhere near Dresden i doubt anyone has ever heard of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    It's an external formation decision, it's not a bug. You can do the same with Italy.
    oh didn't know that just found it rather weird that suddenly that decision appeared since it looked the same as when i played nejd some time before

so thx for for that info

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm having a weird bug with the war goal interface...it's hard to explain without a screenshot, but it doesn't happen with vanilla, so I know it's not a bad install of the base game. It makes declaring war impossible for me, because it's very difficult to sort through all the bugged goals to find the right one.

BugScreenie.jpg

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by StLeibowitz View Post
    I'm having a weird bug with the war goal interface...it's hard to explain without a screenshot, but it doesn't happen with vanilla, so I know it's not a bad install of the base game. It makes declaring war impossible for me, because it's very difficult to sort through all the bugged goals to find the right one.

Attachment 51852
    It is the wrong patch. Look at the problems with war clauses thread.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

Just to verify, 4.5.2 is for the January 13th version of the 1.4 beta patch, right? If so, I'm not sure why I'm having the war clause problems discussed in the stickied thread. I only have them with 4.5.2 - not 3.1.1 or 4.4.2.

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Europa Universalis IV

I've just installed this version of the mod, but it always keeps crashing to desktop as soon as I select the single player button ("Please select nation...") in the main menu. I've tried installing other mods in the same way, but this always happens.

I'm a steam user. I copied the main directory to another location, patched it to 1.4 and installed the mod and hotfix.

Any idea why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanax View Post
    I've just installed this version of the mod, but it always keeps crashing to desktop as soon as I select the single player button ("Please select nation...") in the main menu. I've tried installing other mods in the same way, but this always happens.

I'm a steam user. I copied the main directory to another location, patched it to 1.4 and installed the mod and hotfix.

Any idea why this happens?
    If you're using Steam, you can make a copy of your main directory but you still need to use the "victoria 2" directory as the one you work from. Patch that to the 1.4 beta (from Jan. 13th), then unzip the files into that main directory. You cannot have AHD installed at all if you're using PDM 4.5.2, and you should go into your victoria 2\map directory and delete the entire "cache" folder there before running the game.

Provided you've done these things, everything should work fine. If it's not working, then you've done something incorrectly... but you'd need to explain to us precisely what you've done in order for us to suggest what you've done wrong. Most times we get people essentially saying "I did everything correctly but it won't work!" -- which is wrong, as if they did everything correctly then it would.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'm going to guess that having the Ottomans colonizing in the United States isn't WAD?

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...F61D56EE3CA1F/

I have a feeling something went wrong when I deleted the contents of the cache folder. Do we delete ALL of it, or only certain parts? I have the correct post-hotfix checksum. This doesn't appear to affect any other nations, but for some reason Istanbul counts as being in range for Oregon.

UPDATE: The distances for the West Coast as a whole seem to be wonky. I checked with Russia and while Western Africa is almost 150 'units' too far away for colonizing from Sevastopol, Oregon is only about 20!

UPDATE 2: I thankfully kept a copy of the original cache folder around and I pasted the contents back. I deleted them again, and the problem persists. I have noticed that the only files that seem to 'regenerate' are map.bin and quad_format.bin. I've also noticed this issue occurring with Sakhalin.
    Last edited by Straigthtsilver; 23-04-2012 at 23:31.

You haven't deleted your map cache.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

How do we edit the files and which files do we edit to change the tech? For instance, in 1836 Russians had "hired" and Austrian (he volunteered) to build a railroad. In 1836 they built the bed and bridges and in 1837 they ran a short train for the summer months. So, in 1836 the Russians should be building early railroads, not researching experimental (or if you wish they should be research early and building experimental). Plus, the time it takes to build the first railroad is too long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast