• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe you could add some RP traits like the previous WW game had.

We haz jontiz with lemsauce!

God damnit.

IN as Isador Akios, Chaos infiltr... hrm... Librarian of the Blood Ravens and hero of St Peters Port, even though the defence ultimately failed and the despicable Chaos took over the city.

Only because it's you Vain.

I shall be playing as the sole heir to the von Algpung dynasty. The rightful ruler of Scandanavia.
my name is Teobold-Tor

I said that I was in, but you didn't put me in the sign up list.

You seem to think that this was an error. I on the other hand am grateful that the GM decided on this course of action.

Kidding, kidding. Let HC in or we'll take to the streets in order to protest this injustice!

you seem to think that this was an error. I on the other hand am grateful that the gm decided on this course of action.
hey. :angry:
kidding, kidding. Let hc in or we'll take to the streets in order to protest this injustice!

That's more like it. :laugh:

Whoops, sorry about overlooking you. You're on the list now, thanks for reminding me.

EDIT

By popular demand, I'll add some RP traits to the list, with the same "only if you want to RP them" provision that Johho888 used.

No discussion on the changes so far other than a few at the start? I'll be using reis91's "at least half the frontrunner's votes" formula for leaderlynching. Remember that there is no 1st through [x]th leader in this setup, leaders don't have to wait their turn (but in the event of conflicts there will be adjudication on who gets to lynch).

I believe I will leave cultists as they stand. I want to see how this wrinkle works, and Reis's proposal has merit, but it almost returns cultists to unattached status: if they sell their pack out and raise their hand for a hunt, they can switch allegiance. As Shipwrecked showed (as have many others), you can't trust cultists who can swap sides at will. They will sell you out if it increases the chances of a Team Evil win. This is part of what makes cultist boring: your pack keeps you in the dark to avoid betrayal, which minimizes your ability to help your team through strategic voting. It's no wonder the unattached type of cultists have been exposed by their own pack in order to gain credibility: they're a danger to their masters. The cultist is often isolated, with no contacts, waiting to be found (in which case the pack shouldn't contact him anyway unless the competition is removed) or he's got one contact in his pack, and rarely gets information. Only when the cultist cannot change sides is he really trustworthy - but a cultist who counts for parity only for his pack is a wolf without teeth. Furthermore, the cultist cannot hunt, so he's somewhat powerless, and even if he survives he loses if his pack dies. Not a fun time.

I came to this compromise to try resolve some of the problems. Cultists cannot hunt, which limits their utility, but they count for parity for all packs, which means the packs should aim to keep them alive, regardless of their affiliation. By disallowing them from winning with another pack the wolves can trust their cultists - why sell out your pack if you're just going to lose anyway? So cultists will be trustworthy. Cultists need to be affiliated with a pack to count for a pack's parity, so the pack need never contact a known opposing cultist. Thus the worst the cultist should be able to do to Team Evil is get himself killed, thereby moving parity back. For isolated cultists it will be a choice between helping Team Evil or helping Team Good, without a chance to win. I'm aware of potential unhappiness if you're stuck that way, and it does rather end up like stock unattached cultist types, but I would like to see how it pans out. It's not unknown for a losing pack to sacrifice itself for the leading pack to win a game, as Kingepyon did in The Airport.

Last edited:
If the cultists have interesting enough abilities, they'll still be able to help quite a lot, even if they're still going to lose. Still, I can see some people just giving up if they've already lost.

Kidding, kidding. Let HC in or we'll take to the streets in order to protest this injustice!
You going to start an Occupy movement here then?

*ducks and covers*

*wonders how many people get the reference in my RP name*
Well both of them really :p

For isolated cultists it will be a choice between helping Team Evil or helping Team Good, without a chance to win. I'm aware of potential unhappiness if you're stuck that way, and it does rather end up like stock unattached cultist types, but I would like to see how it pans out. It's not unknown for a losing pack to sacrifice itself for the leading pack to win a game, as Kingepyon did in The Airport.

Wait - if cultists count for parity for their pack, but their wolves are gone, wouldn't they still be able to win if they get parity with the village and all opposing wolves (and cultists??) are dead?

I believe I will leave cultists as they stand. I want to see how this wrinkle works, and Reis's proposal has merit, but it almost returns cultists to unattached status: if they sell their pack out and raise their hand for a hunt, they can switch allegiance. As Shipwrecked showed (as have many others), you can't trust cultists who can swap sides at will. They will sell you out if it increases the chances of a Team Evil win. This is part of what makes cultist boring: your pack keeps you in the dark to avoid betrayal, which minimizes your ability to help your team through strategic voting. It's no wonder the unattached type of cultists have been exposed by their own pack in order to gain credibility: they're a danger to their masters. The cultist is often isolated, with no contacts, waiting to be found (in which case the pack shouldn't contact him anyway unless the competition is removed) or he's got one contact in his pack, and rarely gets information. Only when the cultist cannot change sides is he really trustworthy - but a cultist who counts for parity only for his pack is a wolf without teeth. Furthermore, the cultist cannot hunt, so he's somewhat powerless, and even if he survives he loses if his pack dies. Not a fun time.

I came to this compromise to try resolve some of the problems. Cultists cannot hunt, which limits their utility, but they count for parity for all packs, which means the packs should aim to keep them alive, regardless of their affiliation. By disallowing them from winning with another pack the wolves can trust their cultists - why sell out your pack if you're just going to lose anyway? So cultists will be trustworthy. Cultists need to be affiliated with a pack to count for a pack's parity, so the pack need never contact a known opposing cultist. Thus the worst the cultist should be able to do to Team Evil is get himself killed, thereby moving parity back. For isolated cultists it will be a choice between helping Team Evil or helping Team Good, without a chance to win. I'm aware of potential unhappiness if you're stuck that way, and it does rather end up like stock unattached cultist types, but I would like to see how it pans out. It's not unknown for a losing pack to sacrifice itself for the leading pack to win a game, as Kingepyon did in The Airport.

Why would a cultist count for parity to the other pack if they still lose? Remember that we are dealing with 3 teams here, not two. The two wolf packs are not on the same side and never will be. I dislike having roles that depend on others to win the game, but of course this is nothing new. I don't blame you for not changing it.

*wonders how many people get the reference in my RP name*
Well both of them really :p

I know that Algpung is a pretty odd name if read by Swedish people.