• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That's why you have to get smart wolves. :)
Gonzo's problem wasn't the JL it was that Ray Charles could see he was a wolf!

I've won a lite as a wolf in the JL by the way :p

That's why the JL only has scanned villagers. We're talking Lite, here. No cultists/cursed to worry about. The village had a 2:1 win ratio, only losing when the wolves got a lucky hunt on the seer early in the game, until we shook things up.

That's why the JL only has scanned villagers. We're talking Lite, here. No cultists/cursed to worry about. The village had a 2:1 win ratio, only losing when the wolves got a lucky hunt on the seer early in the game, until we shook things up.

I do know how to play lite ;)

I don't remember saying that.

My rules forbid the revealing of seer results/role PM info privately, thats all. I encourage PMs.
Would you ban:
"I am the seer. I scanned Olaus Petrus as a wolf. Tell that to the village! Tonight I will scan Ironhead 5."
but allow
"I really, really think Olaus Petrus is a wolf. But I can't tell that to the village myself. Could you do it for me, please? Tonight I will think really hard about Ironhead 5."

And how are you as a GM supposed to enforce what people say in PMs?

Only possible if you claimed to be seer. That's been tried, and hasn't worked. More often than not it leads to dead wolves.

Protip: read the link before implying I'm telling stories :)

Would you ban:
"I am the seer. I scanned Olaus Petrus as a wolf. Tell that to the village! Tonight I will scan Ironhead 5."
but allow
"I really, really think Olaus Petrus is a wolf. But I can't tell that to the village myself. Could you do it for me, please? Tonight I will think really hard about Ironhead 5."

You can't that's why it's a bad idea.

The same way you enforce dead people not passing on information, or people not subbing if they know secret info. As for the exact arrangement, work was needed over the precise details in Taiisatai's game, but that doesn't make it impossible. I don't know the wording on pevergreen's rule set, but I'd want to see it before making conclusions.

Only possible if you claimed to be seer. That's been tried, and hasn't worked. More often than not it leads to dead wolves.
I have managed to do that at least twice, once even when I as a wolf contacted the seer claiming to be the seer.
Listen to jonti-h, for while I wouldn't call him wise, he is more knowledgable than you ;)

I have managed to do that at least twice, once even when I as a wolf contacted the seer claiming to be the seer.
Listen to jonti-h, for while I wouldn't call him wise, he is more knowledgable than you ;)

That's not "smart wolf". That's "stupid seer". I've read the game you're talking about.

I know you have Slinky, you are indeed very slinky :p

I'm more psychotically cunning than wise :p

That's not "smart wolf". That's "stupid seer". I've read the game you're talking about.
A wolf in the JL who wins on the last day is a smart wolf. End of.

A Lite wolf in a JL is a lucky wolf blessed with the stupidist JL known to man. Any wolf could win with a JL that hopeless.

My harig pung they could.
In that game (which you did not play) I had to use a hell of a lot of cunning to get myself out of being lynched, had to create an alibi, keep the right amount of information going, create alibis for myself, vote at the time a villager would and so on.

There is a reason that it's only (afaik) me and Slinky who have done it.

EDIT: that's before you get to not getting myself scanned

Last edited:
My harig pung they could.
In that game (which you did not play) I had to use a hell of a lot of cunning to get myself out of being lynched, had to create an alibi, keep the right amount of information going, create alibis for myself, vote at the time a villager would and so on.

There is a reason that it's only (afaik) me and Slinky who have done it.

No alibi could excuse a village letting you get away with claiming to the seer that you're the seer. That's incompetent village play, not clever wolf play. It happens sometimes, but the wolves can't take credit when it does.

No alibi could excuse a village letting you get away with claiming to the seer that you're the seer. That's incompetent village play, not clever wolf play. It happens sometimes, but the wolves can't take credit when it does.

Um yes the wolf does take credit.
You haven't done it so you haven't a clue how difficult it actually is.

Yes Punkbob was stupid, but that does not take away from the wolf's play either.

Do you have a clue exactly how difficult it is to keep cover in that situation? To keep cover *even when you have been called out*. To not slip out something stupid in a PM. It's like a normal wolf game but 10 times more difficult.

Do something half as tricky, then we'll talk.

Um yes the wolf does take credit.
You haven't done it so you haven't a clue how difficult it actually is.

Yes Punkbob was stupid, but that does not take away from the wolf's play either.

Do you have a clue exactly how difficult it is to keep cover in that situation? To keep cover *even when you have been called out*. To not slip out something stupid in a PM. It's like a normal wolf game but 10 times more difficult.

Do something half as tricky, then we'll talk.

EURO and myself systematically destroyed AOK in My Little Werewolf. I know what good wolf play is. And I also know when not to take credit for a move that looks genius - see Cluedo, where I talked three unscanned wolves into surrendering. That was their screw up, not my cleverness.

EURO and myself systematically destroyed AOK in My Little Werewolf. I know what good wolf play is. And I also know when not to take credit for a move that looks genius - see Cluedo, where I talked three unscanned wolves into surrendering. That was their screw up, not my cleverness.
EURO and you - not you on your own. ;)
EURO could sell snow to Inuits.

Anyway, everyone on that thread says it was good wolf play, you don't.
Fair enough.