• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Vote Mr. G

yes.

So he could also have outed you because of a scan?

Unvote Najs
Vote Mr. G

No? I just asked if he claimed to have scanned me.

We should strive for a tie.

Unvote Mr. G
Vote hdk

Me too, this game is getting completely ridiculous.

unvote Suirantes

vote the_hdk

.Same reason as above.

I have no clue what is going on anymore

Day/Night 5 - Deadline

(10) Mr. G - Najs (1156), Capt. Kiwi (1148, 1158), Trinitrotoluen (1147, 1160), Suirantes (1149, 1163), tamius23 (1230), Snoopdogg (1247), Slinky (1211), marty99 (1260), humancalculator (1261), the_hdk (1270)

(5) the_hdk - Kingepyon (1136), Lemeard (1137), Yakman (1125, 1182), EUROO7 (1126, 1153, repeats in 1203, and 1207, 1233, repeats in 1263), Mr. G (1159, unvotes Najs in 1166, 1202, 1271)

(2) Suirantes - Walrus (1155), reis91 (1267)

(1) reis91 - Taiisatai64 (1129)
(1) Enkhuush - Snoopdogg (1132)

There was no valid target. Nobody had 50% of your votes. True, Paendrag had as many votes as you, but it wouldn't make sense to let you leaderlynch someone who was already lynched.

I'd like to hear whether anyone feels I made the wrong choice on that. It simply seemed to me that there was no valid target to switch the lynch onto. Would others have allowed Kriszo to put the lynch on the already-lynched Paendrag?

EDIT

On second thoughts perhaps that was an error. If I had made it clear that a tie would mean no leaderlynch, Kriszo could have voted for himself, thereby making Pean a valid target...

You made the right choice.

The problem is that I had never seen this before - to my knowledge it has never occurred before. The 50% rule has appeared only in the latter part of my time here and not everyone has used it since it was first proposed. In games it has been used I am not aware of a situation where there were insufficient valid targets in this manner. It never occurred to me - or indeed, anyone - that such a situation would arise. If it had I would have explicitly stated the situation. When it did eventuate it seemed intuitive to me that the answer was that without a valid target and you cannot redirect the lynch. Unfortunately it was only when I elucidated it I realized that if you'd known this you'd have avoided the situation. If I had realized you interpreted the rules differently - which is not unreasonable because they say nothing about the situation - then I suppose I would have leaderlynched Paendrag on the basis that with proper information you'd have put yourself ahead in order to free up a valid candidate.

I am very sorry for this outcome. You have a right to be frustrated by the outcome: I correctly observed the rules, but I had failed to make the rules clear to you, and that's always a bitter pill. I can only apologize; it should be clear from our private correspondence that I was willing to give you every opportunity to use your leaderlynch. In future I suppose the 50% leaderlynch rule needs to explicitly state that in the event of a tie the leader must have enough valid targets to account for all lynches, so that if 2 people are tied, 2 people must be lynched, even if 1 victim is not changed.

The version of the rule in my big specifically stated it was swapping one person who was lynched for one person who wasn't. Actually... your rules don't even say "at least half", just "half" :D I would permit a clarification of them mid game, if you post it here in big letters too.

Wait, when did I vote Najs?

Day/Night 5

Tremendous progress had been made in stabilizing Camperdown. The forces of Chaos had lost some of their greatest assets, the Genestealer insurgency had been identified and dealt a body-blow, and a Witch had been put to the cleansing flame. Heresy, Heresy and Xenosbreed, all fell before the Emperor's servants. The successes were coming so fast that the forces working to shake Camperdown's foundations found themselves reeling instead.

Into this situation stepped a cunning servant of the Imperium. Posing as a friend to insurrectionists, the officer of the Most Holy Ordos of the Inquisition infiltrated the Genestealer coven and exposed one of its members, a member of the Governor's secret police known as "Mr. G". The evidence against Mr. G was damning, but he went to the stake protesting his innocence. It was obvious to all, however, that Tyranid genes were in him, as his deformed insides showed while they burned. Another day, another manifestation of the Emperor's wrath.

The Arbites patrols found young Stephen Maléter's mutilated corpse in the morning. The enterprising young lad had been cold-calling every workplace in his district, looking for an apprenticeship. He'd been turned away by everyone, and had lately taken to lurking outside the apartments of a prominent man in the city. The man of the house had been busy due to the turmoil on Camperdown, and hadn't been home in more than a week, but Maléter intended to beg him for a job, morning and night, until he was given one. His Scholam records showed he was quite capable. Alas for poor Stephen Maléter, found cut to ribbons in the morning. None would miss the downhive wretch, for they knew not what they had lost.

Mr. G the expended Hunter Wolf (Genestealer Pack) was lynched.
["Stephen Maléter"] Capt. Kiwi the unclaimed apprentice with a rival was hunted.

Last edited: