• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
COMIC SAAAAAAAAANS!

Stop using this forbidden font, EURO!

The More Loving One

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's frickin huge

Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
But on earth indifference is the least
We have to dread from man or beast.

How should we like it were stars to burn
With a passion for us we could not return?
If equal affection cannot be,
Let the more loving one be me.

Admirer as I think I am
Of stars that do not give a damn,
I cannot, now I see them, say
I missed one terribly all day.

Were all stars to disappear or die,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
And feel its total darkness sublime,
Though this might take me a little time.

W.H. Auden

Aha! Trevor the Alchemist arrives.

Go on, Trevor, make us some gold.

Hmm.

Gold dense, soft, shiny, malleable and ductile metal. Pure gold has a bright yellow color. The chemical symbol for gold is Au (from the latin word aurum). Interestingly enough in German it is also called Gold even though the pronunciation is a bit different. Not that I am a transition metal - racist. I take them all wherever they come from. Did I mention yet that it is malleable and shiny and very nice to look at? And precious. That means it is especially very nice to gaze at when it is in my bank account. Or in my strongbox. Or hidden beneath my bed. Or buried in my garden. That is the reason why I want to turn gold into lead. See, I need a lot of lead for my lead pipes so that I can water the roses behind my house so that nobody else knows that my hidden deposit is buried beneath them. And the plants are very beautiful to stare at as well. Then when it don't need the lead anymore I can learn how to turn it back into gold. Then it will become most agreeable to watch again.

Ah yes, what did you want?

... ok. Who stole EURO's meds?
AOK?!?

Ha! Vain you old dog! I was keeping one eye open on that role to see if I'd get it, and you've only gone and given it to me!

God marty, you always do this.
But you lie. I know, because I also have this trait, and giving it to both of us would be severely overpowered :p

Suirantes said:
You are my rival therefore you shall die.

Do I get a cookie now?

Thank you master for voting for my rival

Let's not actually kill either of you guys just yet, shall we?

So you're saying that you're Mitt Romney?

.. I refuse to read back to before the role distribution post. I am too far behind.
So what the heck are you babbling about?

So he is your rival then? Logically both you and him should be villagers then (or unattached cultists/sorcerers). Thanks.

Or packmates with one hell of a plan to make themselves look good :p

@vain - sorry, I can't do much with that RP trait. My mind is quite fuzzy on that particular subject, and I'm not going to go back and reread that thing for the sake of adhering to an optional trait.
I will think of something else and use that instead, thanks.

God marty, you always do this.
But you lie. I know, because I also have this trait, and giving it to both of us would be severely overpowered :p

Actually, this sounds like a joke, but I'm serious. I really have that trait. I had to go back and look up what self-defensive means to make sure, but that is exactly what it means.

So hunt me at your peril.

St. Peters Port was a disaster for the Empire! We have a survivor among us. Only Cultists Survived. Thus We should all

VOTE Najs

Ah yes, I recognise your face. I fought with one of your relatives in St Peters Port a few years ago. He was a fine soldier, truly exemplary for the Guard up until the moment he betrayed us all to the forces of Chaos. I shed his traitorous blood myself in the heat of melee combat.

Or packmates with one hell of a plan to make themselves look good :p

I doubt it. You see, back on Saumarez I came closer to the agents of Chaos than any man before me and lived. It was a tragic time, that. Our forces fell one by one to Chaos infiltrator and even though I purged dozens of them with my own hands we failed to root them all out. And then the invasion came and all was lost.

I still have nightmares from that day. I see the faces of my fellow men, twisting in agony as they succumbed to the Warp. I was the sole survivor that day, fortunate enough to retreat in an escape shuttle after activating several explosive devices throughout the city. They won the battle, but I ensured nothing was left to capture...

You rang? :D
2k4a7a43d7f8.jpg

Ah yes, I recognise your face. I fought with one of your relatives in St Peters Port a few years ago. He was a fine soldier, truly exemplary for the Guard up until the moment he betrayed us all to the forces of Chaos. I shed his traitorous blood myself in the heat of melee combat.

I doubt it. You see, back on Saumarez I came closer to the agents of Chaos than any man before me and lived. It was a tragic time, that. Our forces fell one by one to Chaos infiltrator and even though I purged dozens of them with my own hands we failed to root them all out. And then the invasion came and all was lost.

I still have nightmares from that day. I see the faces of my fellow men, twisting in agony as they succumbed to the Warp. I was the sole survivor that day, fortunate enough to retreat in an escape shuttle after activating several explosive devices throughout the city. They won the battle, but I ensured nothing was left to capture...

I assume you have the same RP trait as me, however, I choose not to use it in my posts as I did not play in that god-forsaken game.

Take this setup one step further. One single wolf in a group of 30. What reason does the wolf have left to behave differently from a villager? None. And if there's no scanning in the game, what does the village have to go on? All the things you mentioned can be nullified by some simple discipline. 100% random hunts, play like a villager. A single wolf has no good reason to stand out.

There is scanning, there are other things. You talk enough, discuss enough, and eventually the wolves stand out. In fact, there was a run of about 3-4 games where the mafia got smashed by...

Perfect Information Syndrome: When a mafioso accidentally reveals he knows more than the average uninformed townie really should, either through directly declaring such information while talking about something else, or through their voting patterns. Example:
(And foundation of another concept, Mafia ESP) Star Wars: Return of the Sith hosted by Sigurd, Subotan's voting pattern indicated that he knew who would be alive and who would be murdered by the end of the game, because his votes nicely complemented his murders, and he rarely ended up voting for people who ended up surviving to near the endgame. [There are better and less complicated examples of this... such as accidentally blurting out knowledge of some hidden or in-depth quirk about the game that a common townie shouldn't know]

You guys seem to rely on more of a system of:

Vote Indexing: Method invented by Kommodus in Mafia II to find the mafia. Involved a spreadsheet keeping track of how often a certain person had voted for an innocent. Rendered largely null and void in following games since the Mafia are not so foolish as to be caught by it (Kommodus himself was a mafioso in Mafia III and deliberatly fooled it).

Except he said a few wolves... not a single wolf...

pever also plays a system where the GM write-ups can be analysed for information. Nothing so obvious as those sesame seeds that led us to kill esemesas though...

Yup, nothing at all.

Its all moot though, I'm just going to be killed in this game for going off topic now.

Tu quoque, Najs? Have I mentioned I hate RP traits, by the way? So... how does it go...

On Saumarez, I hated the RP. It was of the most foul variety, as if sent by the Imperial Chaos scum. I requested a change of post, after requesting Exterminatus. That thing about the quarantine and no-one being able to leave is just for the suckers without great connections. I got assigned to this ****-hole, though, condemned to more disgusting RP, more disgusting that anything coming out of any Tyranid's bowels, so my connections aren't as good as they should be. Perhaps if I send them another "shipment", they may send a few Imperial clowns to do my RP for me...

Vote Vainglory, say no to crappy force-fed RP.

There is scanning, there are other things. You talk enough, discuss enough, and eventually the wolves stand out. In fact, there was a run of about 3-4 games where the mafia got smashed by...

Perfect Information Syndrome: When a mafioso accidentally reveals he knows more than the average uninformed townie really should, either through directly declaring such information while talking about something else, or through their voting patterns. Example:
(And foundation of another concept, Mafia ESP) Star Wars: Return of the Sith hosted by Sigurd, Subotan's voting pattern indicated that he knew who would be alive and who would be murdered by the end of the game, because his votes nicely complemented his murders, and he rarely ended up voting for people who ended up surviving to near the endgame. [There are better and less complicated examples of this... such as accidentally blurting out knowledge of some hidden or in-depth quirk about the game that a common townie shouldn't know]

Vote Indexing: Method invented by Kommodus in Mafia II to find the mafia. Involved a spreadsheet keeping track of how often a certain person had voted for an innocent. Rendered largely null and void in following games since the Mafia are not so foolish as to be caught by it (Kommodus himself was a mafioso in Mafia III and deliberatly fooled it).

Yup, nothing at all.

Its all moot though, I'm just going to be killed in this game for going off topic now.

Both exist, but the latter isn't used as you describe. The first is usually called Crovax here, although other sites use nomenclature such as scumslip. As for the second, we analyse every vote (or strive to), and it's context, rather than make it statistical. Of course, the bigger the game, the harder it is to do this reliably.

The first is passive, with so few opportunities for use that it seldom gets seen. That doesn't mean people aren't looking for them, just that wolves are rarely that sloppy. The latter approach doesn't work how you describe, as most people will vote mostly villagers. Instead, it's more a case of WWWD.

I assume you have the same RP trait as me, however, I choose not to use it in my posts as I did not play in that god-forsaken game.

Ah, yes.
That's the RP trait I decided to ignore :p

You do need everyone to be active for that. Or actively lynch those who fail to contribute.
Something we need to do more of, but more often than not the village can't afford to do that - losing voting days to dead weight players brings parity too close too quickly.

(And foundation of another concept, Mafia ESP) Star Wars: Return of the Sith hosted by Sigurd, Subotan's voting pattern indicated that he knew who would be alive and who would be murdered by the end of the game, because his votes nicely complemented his murders, and he rarely ended up voting for people who ended up surviving to near the endgame. [There are better and less complicated examples of this... such as accidentally blurting out knowledge of some hidden or in-depth quirk about the game that a common townie shouldn't know

That's .. funny. Why would someone avoid voting people who are about to get eaten? That's what backup orders are for :p
Other than that - yeah, someone acting like he knows more than he should is a good way to get baddies.
I still remember one game where I caught a baddie because I insulted the wolves for their hunt choices and someone came in and started berating me, asking 'who made randakar king of the village'. Temper, temper .. :D

It's a tad more complicated than that. Just counting "how often did someone vote for an innocent" won't work. What works is tracking who votes what, when, and *why* they vote the way they vote. And even then it will only work if 1) your village is active and doesn't contain a ton of undiagnosable dead weight, and 2) you have had a day or 3-4 to let the voting itself run it's course.

I certainly would like to see you live for a while longer. You bring an interesting perspective to the game, and that's good.

Vote Vainglory, say no to crappy force-fed RP.

No need to get angry over it, just ignore the trait and move on :p

Both exist, but the latter isn't used as you describe. The first is usually called Crovax here, although other sites use nomenclature such as scumslip. As for the second, we analyse every vote (or strive to), and it's context, rather than make it statistical. Of course, the bigger the game, the harder it is to do this reliably.

It can take days before something constructive comes out of it. And if your village contains a bunch of easy scapegoats (see: The previous big game :D) then there's just nothing you can do ..

OH THE HUGE MANATEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's frickin huge

It is immoral to write that huge. If we want to reach heaven, we all have to follow they way of God.

Why hello there everyone. My name is Professor Larch and I'm an expert on Pokénids!

What are Pokénids, you ask?

Well, these cute little fellows!

534px-Cutenids.gif

Did you know that if you train them and love them and trek all around the world with them, they will become your bestest friends, as well as brutal combat monsters? Yes they will!

So all you little Junior Space Marines, come to Prof. Larch's Lab to get your very own Pokénid!

Last edited:
Why hello there everyone. My name is Professor Larch and I'm an expert on Pokénids!

What are Pokénids, you ask?

Well, these cute little fellows!

534px-Cutenids.gif

Did you know that if you train them and love them and trek all around the world with them, they will become your bestest friends, as well as brutal combat monsters? Yes they will!

So all you little Junior Space Marines, come to Prof. Larch's Lab to get your very own Pokénid!

Immoral. Thou shall only love God.

As for my name, I have asked God what it is every night whole my life, but never got any answer. You can call me Mr. Moral.