• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Falc was completely unintended, and sucked a lot for us, as his trait was pretty useful.

One of the fine lines you have to walk as a baddie this game is figuring out when to save a packmate and when to sacrifice him. If you do neither, you lose either way.

One of the biggest compliments I have gotten recently was from Kingepyon, when I succeeded in saving vainglory from getting hung only to get him brutalized by walrus, and King called my vote into question, who called it '.. or possibly a very well done attempt at saving a packmate'. Which was completely correct, but I talked my way out of it anyway :p

I was pretty popular as well. No idea why, really. I had been terribly inactive at that stage of the game - perhaps people thought that odd?
Well, I was the backup hunt target even when I was already dead (by an earlier hunt). Perhaps people thought my inactivity was odd?

As for me not blocking anyone I thought that at least before you had a clue on who was who it was more likely I accidentally blocked the seer/priest/GA/goodie hunter than a sorcerer/baddie hunter/baddie spy/last wolf of a pack. I didn't plan to never use it.

As for me not blocking anyone I thought that at least before you had a clue on who was who it was more likely I accidentally blocked the seer/priest/GA/goodie hunter than a sorcerer/baddie hunter/baddie spy/last wolf of a pack. I didn't plan to never use it.

I agree entirely with your reasoning. There were 9 baddies at game start, 3 wolves + 1 cultist x 2 + 1 sorcerer. There was 1 seer, 1 priest, 1 GA, 1 padre, 1 goodie spy, 2 goodie hunters IIRC. If you blocked any of the 6 wolves it would do nothing except prevent them being killed by SDs. The other 2 wolves would hunt as normal. If the wolf had a trait the trait would be blocked, but virtually all their traits were daytime ones anyway. It was only really the baddie roleblocker, baddie spy, and sorcerer you could stop, and for all you knew there was probably only really the 1 sorcerer you could productively block. Whereas, as I pointed out, there are 4 primary goodie roles to the 1 baddie scanner, plus many goodie traits. You were more like to do harm than good by acting early, so I agree with your choice. I nearly said so in a PM, but considered that unduly influencing you.

Get over to the general discussion thread and discuss my initial batch of item ideas for an items game. :closedeyes:

Lemeard the seer: "Scan Mr.G the wolf!, Backup: Walrus, Backup2: Randakar". No idea what made him look into Mr. G, who was, in fact, a waffle.
The bastard didn't seem to get tired of trying to lynch me :mad:

One of the fine lines you have to walk as a baddie this game is figuring out when to save a packmate and when to sacrifice him. If you do neither, you lose either way.

One of the biggest compliments I have gotten recently was from Kingepyon, when I succeeded in saving vainglory from getting hung only to get him brutalized by walrus, and King called my vote into question, who called it '.. or possibly a very well done attempt at saving a packmate'. Which was completely correct, but I talked my way out of it anyway :p

Well, here the problem was compounded because Vainglory did not include anywhere in the rules that cultists do not reveal allegiance on death.

Get over to the general discussion thread and discuss my initial batch of item ideas for an items game. :closedeyes:

Right. Sorry about that, I read that at a point where I wasn't able to reply .. bloody phones :p

Well, here the problem was compounded because Vainglory did not include anywhere in the rules that cultists do not reveal allegiance on death.

If you can find any rules that have ever specified this before, I'll be surprised. It also has nothing to do with the fact that your pack did nothing to save your cultist.

I also found Vainglory's omission of the fact that the updates would be in English problematic.

Also, nowhere does he state that we would not receive a charming gift basket at the end of the game! :mad:

If you can find any rules that have ever specified this before, I'll be surprised. It also has nothing to do with the fact that your pack did nothing to save your cultist.

Rules only have to specify when there are exceptions. Cultist's allegiance being hidden (while wolves's isn't) constitutes an exception.

Rules only have to specify when there are exceptions. Cultist's allegiance being hidden (while wolves's isn't) constitutes an exception.
No, it doesn't. But there have been instances when GMs have given out cultist allegience, usually when cultists have been pack specific.

No, it doesn't. But there have been instances when GMs have given out cultist allegience, usually when cultists have been pack specific.

Which was the case here. If something isn't an universal rule applicable to all games, then it should be posted in the rules thread.

Which was the case here. If something isn't an universal rule applicable to all games, then it should be posted in the rules thread.

They were only partly pack specific. While there probably should have been clarification in the rules, to be honest the potential for that kind of crovax is a valid and needed part of the game. The wolves need to pay attention to what is and isn't public knowledge, and how much is revealed in the update.

Oh jesus christ guys, when he didn't include the cultist's pack in the update it's safe to assume he won't be revealing cultist alignment, he doesn't need to put that little detail in the rules which most people would just skip over anyway :p

Setup is always hidden.