• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Obentraut

First Lieutenant
99 Badges
Jan 27, 2007
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Impire
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I had no problems with the prologue campaign, or at least just some minor issues.
But now I always encounter the same error and CTD during the first battle in sherwood forest:

unbenanntpxg.jpg

any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Well it seems to have worked for me. Though to be precise I used the autosetup in the games folder. I don't really know what fixed. The game also ran a lot better afterwards. Shorter load times too

This happens to me, but it is normal that the x86 version crashes because i have Windows 7 64bit.

Are you sure your system is not 64bit? Try running the x64 version.

I am very sure about my system.
I tried several things. even reduced to ultra-low settings. but its always the same issue.
and always during the very first battle. Is there a possibility to turn on auto-battle for that "tutorial" to skip it?

Ok, I tried switching the directx and I didn't get that other error I just have another error. This error just says that the game has stop working.

I just hope they get this fix cause I can't play this game without getting these errors that crash the game.

Last edited:
My game just updated via steam!
And I finally managed for the first time to survive the first battle in Sharewood without any CTD!
Hope the patch fixed that isue for good...
Thanks!

Please use Steam or the KingArthurII.exe / KingArthurII_AutoSetup.exe file to launch the game.

If it does not help please write to support@kingarthurthewargame.com and attach your DxDiag reports? Also let us know which exe file you use to launch the game if you don't launch it through Steam.

Many thanks for the reports.

EDIT: We're working on a fix for 32bit system's crashes, so if your system is one of those, you might give us feedback after the next patch if fixing it was successful. Many thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
I'm almost certain this has something to do with flags being corrupt or malfunctioning somehow. If I replace contents of UI/Rulers/Nationgivingmetrouble with the content of another UI/Rulers/NationWorkingfine, it solves the problem for me atleast. Ofc this will show the wrong flags, but small price to pay. Also of course make a backup copy of anything you change.

I have the same error like Obentraut (first post here), nearly the same position, while loading the first battle in sherwood forest the game always crashes.
I setup options very low, directx 9 otherwise the game crashes earlier with the same error !
My system is Windows 7 32bit, all patches released until now couldn´t fix the problem.
Is there somebody from Paradox or Neocore or anyone else who can help ?

Please do the following:

First, go to your Steam Games Library, right-click on King Arthur II, select Properties / Local Files / Verify integrity of game cache... - to retrieve any files deleted/missing

NOTE: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may need to manually run secondary installers required by this game. (always right-click on the .exe file and choose: "Run as administrator" - even if you already have admin rights!)

also NOTE: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, please completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator."

Browse to your King Arthur II installation folder (Usually C:\ Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ kingarthurii \)

(If you have the game on Steam, make sure you are signed in to your account before launching the game.) Try to launch the game with the different Coretech exe files directly as an administrator (always right-click on the .exe file and choose: "Run as administrator" - even if you already have admin rights!).

If it did not help, exit Steam entirely.

Browse to your King Arthur II installation folder again. You will need to run the following installers:

...\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

...\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\vcredist_x86_SP1.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

...\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\vcredist_x64_SP1.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

and also run both WindowsMedia installers as an administrator.

Restart your computer and test the issue again.

If you continue to have difficulty, run this installer as well:

...\steamapps\common\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\PhysX_9.10.0513_SystemSoftware.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

Then, restart your computer once more and test the issue again.

Please also check your anti-virus or firewall and add an exception for the game if necessary, sometimes these programs are blocking some games.

There's also a list of solutions that other players of King Arthur II created, you might want to try them too:
http://bit.ly/LYDMqP

Also, this might help if nothing of the above solved the problem:

- download "cff explorer 7"
- open the .exe-files for King Arthur II with cff explorer (King ArthurII.exe, CoreTech2_x86.exe, CoreTech2_x86_10.exe, CoreTech2_x86_11.exe)
- Go to NT Headers / File Header, click on "click here" (lower right)
- check the box "app can handle >2GB

Last edited:
First I have to say is, it´s a shame I post in May and get answer in June. I watched so many times here for help and long time nothing happend .....
I´m really pissed off about this and about that i bought a game in march pay full price and all I have is trouble, work and other shi... with a game that normaly have to spend me relaxing !!!
Last I have to say know is, hey people from Neocore i'm not a programmer and I don´t want to be one, not yet and in future-because when I take the first look at your help instructions. The first thing in my braed says to me when I look at your help, throw this motherf....game throw the window and hope that somebody responsible from Neocore will be hit by them.
But I will give you a chance and sorry for this hard words, maybe they are much harder about reason, the german soccer team was kicked out of EC from the Italians !And that´s really much more frustrating, I can say with words.
Regards from sad Germany :-(

I know you're not a programmer, exactly that is why my post is so long, because I wrote down everything for you step by step. You just need to follow the instructions.

But to make it more simple, this is the most important part for you:

Browse to your King Arthur II installation folder (Usually C:\ Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ kingarthurii \)

(If you have the game on Steam, make sure you are signed in to your account before launching the game.) Try to launch the game with the different Coretech exe files directly as an administrator (always right-click on the .exe file and choose: "Run as administrator" - even if you already have admin rights!).

The rest is there only if this doesn't help, but according to the feedback we got, it should solve the issue on a Win 7 32 bit system.