+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CTD - Runtime Error!

First Lieutenant
    A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

CTD - Runtime Error!

I had no problems with the prologue campaign, or at least just some minor issues.
    But now I always encounter the same error and CTD during the first battle in sherwood forest:

any suggestions?

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagickaStarvoid
    Mount & Blade: Warband

This happens to me, but it is normal that the x86 version crashes because i have Windows 7 64bit.

Are you sure your system is not 64bit? Try running the x64 version.

I also get this error when playing. I can play a little then all sudden I would get that error.

I believe that is the same problem I had. I think I fixed it by switching to DirectX 10. Not that I'm sure how it makes sense.

So by switching directx it fix it?

Well it seems to have worked for me. Though to be precise I used the autosetup in the games folder. I don't really know what fixed. The game also ran a lot better afterwards. Shorter load times too

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by DrakenLord View Post
    This happens to me, but it is normal that the x86 version crashes because i have Windows 7 64bit.

Are you sure your system is not 64bit? Try running the x64 version.
    I am very sure about my system.
    I tried several things. even reduced to ultra-low settings. but its always the same issue.
    and always during the very first battle. Is there a possibility to turn on auto-battle for that "tutorial" to skip it?

Ok, I tried switching the directx and I didn't get that other error I just have another error. This error just says that the game has stop working.

I just hope they get this fix cause I can't play this game without getting these errors that crash the game.
    Last edited by ghostq; 30-01-2012 at 16:23.

I've got the same error, but not on the Sherwood map. Mostly it seems to happen on when battling Fomorians. So far autobattle has worked ok, but very annoying and puzzling. Also x86.

Yeah, I hope this gets fixed in a patch or something. I can't play a game without these errors crashing the game.

First Lieutenant

My game just updated via steam!
    And I finally managed for the first time to survive the first battle in Sharewood without any CTD!
    Hope the patch fixed that isue for good...
    Thanks!

My problems seem to be gone as well
    Thumbs up!

Bah, spoke too soon, crashed on another Fomorian battle

It wasn't crashing for a while then it went back to crashing. So I hope it gets fixed.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2

Please use Steam or the KingArthurII.exe / KingArthurII_AutoSetup.exe file to launch the game.

If it does not help please write to support@kingarthurthewargame.com and attach your DxDiag reports? Also let us know which exe file you use to launch the game if you don't launch it through Steam.

Many thanks for the reports.

EDIT: We're working on a fix for 32bit system's crashes, so if your system is one of those, you might give us feedback after the next patch if fixing it was successful. Many thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by Neocore_Kate; 31-01-2012 at 23:06.

I'm almost certain this has something to do with flags being corrupt or malfunctioning somehow. If I replace contents of UI/Rulers/Nationgivingmetrouble with the content of another UI/Rulers/NationWorkingfine, it solves the problem for me atleast. Ofc this will show the wrong flags, but small price to pay. Also of course make a backup copy of anything you change.

I have the same error like Obentraut (first post here), nearly the same position, while loading the first battle in sherwood forest the game always crashes.
    I setup options very low, directx 9 otherwise the game crashes earlier with the same error !
    My system is Windows 7 32bit, all patches released until now couldnīt fix the problem.
    Is there somebody from Paradox or Neocore or anyone else who can help ?

King Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade

Please do the following:

First, go to your Steam Games Library, right-click on King Arthur II, select Properties / Local Files / Verify integrity of game cache... - to retrieve any files deleted/missing

NOTE: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you may need to manually run secondary installers required by this game. (always right-click on the .exe file and choose: "Run as administrator" - even if you already have admin rights!)

also NOTE: If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, please completely exit Steam, and right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam and select "Run as Administrator."

Browse to your King Arthur II installation folder (Usually C:\ Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ kingarthurii \)

(If you have the game on Steam, make sure you are signed in to your account before launching the game.) Try to launch the game with the different Coretech exe files directly as an administrator (always right-click on the .exe file and choose: "Run as administrator" - even if you already have admin rights!).

If it did not help, exit Steam entirely.

Browse to your King Arthur II installation folder again. You will need to run the following installers:

...\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\Dir ectX\DXSETUP.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

...\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\vcr edist_x86_SP1.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

...\steamapps\common\kingarthurii\InstallUtils\vcr edist_x64_SP1.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

and also run both WindowsMedia installers as an administrator.

Restart your computer and test the issue again.

If you continue to have difficulty, run this installer as well:

...\steamapps\common\common\kingarthurii\InstallUt ils\PhysX_9.10.0513_SystemSoftware.exe (right-click and choose: "Run as administrator")

Then, restart your computer once more and test the issue again.

Please also check your anti-virus or firewall and add an exception for the game if necessary, sometimes these programs are blocking some games.

There's also a list of solutions that other players of King Arthur II created, you might want to try them too:
    http://bit.ly/LYDMqP

Also, this might help if nothing of the above solved the problem:

- download "cff explorer 7"
    - open the .exe-files for King Arthur II with cff explorer (King ArthurII.exe, CoreTech2_x86.exe, CoreTech2_x86_10.exe, CoreTech2_x86_11.exe)
    - Go to NT Headers / File Header, click on "click here" (lower right)
    - check the box "app can handle >2GB
    Last edited by Elyse_Neocore; 19-06-2012 at 16:05.

First I have to say is, itīs a shame I post in May and get answer in June. I watched so many times here for help and long time nothing happend .....
    Iīm really pissed off about this and about that i bought a game in march pay full price and all I have is trouble, work and other shi... with a game that normaly have to spend me relaxing !!!
    Last I have to say know is, hey people from Neocore i'm not a programmer and I donīt want to be one, not yet and in future-because when I take the first look at your help instructions. The first thing in my braed says to me when I look at your help, throw this motherf....game throw the window and hope that somebody responsible from Neocore will be hit by them.
    But I will give you a chance and sorry for this hard words, maybe they are much harder about reason, the german soccer team was kicked out of EC from the Italians !And thatīs really much more frustrating, I can say with words.
    Regards from sad Germany :-(

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2

I know you're not a programmer, exactly that is why my post is so long, because I wrote down everything for you step by step. You just need to follow the instructions.

But to make it more simple, this is the most important part for you:

Browse to your King Arthur II installation folder (Usually C:\ Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ kingarthurii \)

(If you have the game on Steam, make sure you are signed in to your account before launching the game.) Try to launch the game with the different Coretech exe files directly as an administrator (always right-click on the .exe file and choose: "Run as administrator" - even if you already have admin rights!).
    The rest is there only if this doesn't help, but according to the feedback we got, it should solve the issue on a Win 7 32 bit system.

+ Reply to Thread