• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bertouch

Musical Tree Surgeon
19 Badges
Feb 15, 2007
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sengoku
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • King Arthur II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
Just curious: does a cavalry unit get a bonus for flanking an enemy unit already under attack?

I mean it will be hard to overrun if you want to go trough your own units. I guess they do not get a flanking bonus (nothing implies that) But by flanking you can bring more units into contact with the enemy and this way deal more damage, so the advantage is indirect.

Yes i know there is a flanking bonus in total war games (shogun etc) that makes enemy units lose morale. But in this game i don't think it has any effect other than letting more units attack the enemy by being in front and behind.

Yes i know there is a flanking bonus in total war games (shogun etc) that makes enemy units lose morale. But in this game i don't think it has any effect other than letting more units attack the enemy by being in front and behind.

Actually wasn't the TW series I was specifically thinking of, and I wouldn't compare it to the KA games, which I actually prefer. But yeah: the concept's the same. Would have been nice to get that, though I do know there's a nice trampling bonus to using cavalry against certain types of units.