+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flanking bonusJ

Flanking bonusJ

Just curious: does a cavalry unit get a bonus for flanking an enemy unit already under attack?

I mean it will be hard to overrun if you want to go trough your own units. I guess they do not get a flanking bonus (nothing implies that) But by flanking you can bring more units into contact with the enemy and this way deal more damage, so the advantage is indirect.

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagickaStarvoid
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Yes i know there is a flanking bonus in total war games (shogun etc) that makes enemy units lose morale. But in this game i don't think it has any effect other than letting more units attack the enemy by being in front and behind.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakenLord View Post
    Yes i know there is a flanking bonus in total war games (shogun etc) that makes enemy units lose morale. But in this game i don't think it has any effect other than letting more units attack the enemy by being in front and behind.
    Actually wasn't the TW series I was specifically thinking of, and I wouldn't compare it to the KA games, which I actually prefer. But yeah: the concept's the same. Would have been nice to get that, though I do know there's a nice trampling bonus to using cavalry against certain types of units.

+ Reply to Thread