• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BlitzMartinDK

Lt. General
54 Badges
Feb 13, 2005
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Lost Empire - Immortals
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
...Title says it all..

Sitrep : Playing as Denmark : after staying friendly with both norway and sweden (by getting them involved in countless wars, until I had a stronger army), I have expanded and gotten the Austrian culture provinces -well, not vienna and graz.. I also have Judea, alexandria, and the areas around the straits of bosporous..And Safi and Suz (northafrica, gold and wool..)Up in the North I went for the Hannoveranian culture provinces, but only have 4-5 of them yet, the rest are allied Vassals. I also own Lübeck. Suddenly I inherit Norway and Sweden. So Austrian is no longer accepted culture....oh well..

So now I can make Scandinavia, and I can see no downsides to it, so is there a catch somewhere? (ohh : I am empire already, and I also got that pesky overextension modifier with the inheritance, so the 2 centralization gain won't cause it, since I already got it...)

The Scandinavian lands are really bad, the decision to form it should have been similar to form germany where each province in the region gets +1 basetax.

The Scandinavian lands are really bad, the decision to form it should have been similar to form germany where each province in the region gets +1 basetax.

actually scandinavian lands are pretty cool if you dont see it from the EUIII perspective..anyway I have to agree they might need a base tax buff...otherwise they got some nice decisions, so its ok I think

I don't like Scandinavias cores on Greenland. Totally sawk. (For my purposes anyway)

The flag colour is certainly... different, but it grows on you over time. Like a fungus.
In any case you don't lose anything from forming it and you get free cores on any parts you don't yet own.

The flag colour is certainly... different, but it grows on you over time. Like a fungus.
In any case you don't lose anything from forming it and you get free cores on any parts you don't yet own.

And one can always form HRE later... >_>

actually, since I inherited the lot, I have core's on everything but that little part (4 provinces) of Finland, wich Sweden had grabbed somehow..Viborg and 3 more..And I am considering dumping those provinces before converting to Scandinavia. They are 2x basetax 2, and 2x basetax 1, 3 times fur, and one naval supplies..?

Last edited:
Just about the only formable nation with a catch that I can think of is the Kingdom of God. All of the other formable nations only provide bonuses .
The KoG is a national decision, not a formable nation.

--

Many formable nations, Scandinavia included, stop you from enacting the Cultural Shift decision.

Scandinavia is also a decision.

what is Cultural Shift Decision?

..And funny thing : When I inherited Norway and Sweden, I lost accepted Culture Austrian, gained swedis and norwegian. (and overextension -4 finnish provinces.)
But I kept Hannoveranian.. ? I have more income from Austrian provinces..Although only one austrian core..hmm 4 or 5 cores in hannoveranian culture..

Then I made Scandinavia, lost overextension, and lost Swedish and Norwegian as accepted culture next month..Although the provinces do not get the -30% non-accepted culture.. ???