+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Form Scandinavia : any bad things about it at all?

Divine WindEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MartinSWE View Post
    The biggest drawback with forming Scandinavia is that you won´t get to play as Sweden anymore
    Thats a good argument
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
    "I never argued with anyone hoping to win the debate; rather I always wished that the truth would come from his side" ~Ibn Idrīs al-Shāfi‘ī
    "We do not surrender, we win or die" ~Omar Al-Mukhtār

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Arondeus View Post
    I'm at work, just browsing the forums between calls from clients. I am now incredibly curious why everyone seems to dislike the game's flag for a unified Scandinavia. I just started playing a week ago and haven't had a chance to unify my own advisers, much less an entire region. Does anyone have a link to the flag? I tried googling, but didn't get an immediately obvious result.
    Thanks!
    It's the yellow one with a red cross, you can see it in the post above yours.
    "Never underestimate a ruler who can afford to hire all mercenary companies at once."

- Norse medieval proverb

"While you can play as civilizations such as the Aztec Empire, the game is clearly designed to focus on the European powers (which is probably why they didn’t call it Every Country is Equally Viable Universalis)."

- PC Gamer review

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Thats a good argument
    Well only country that is more awesome than sweden is poland... and ulm of course.

On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well only country that is more awesome than sweden is poland... and ulm of course.
    Poland usually doesn't exist in my games because it suffered from early partitions by Bohemia and Austria.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    Poland usually doesn't exist in my games because it suffered from early partitions by Bohemia and Austria.
    Well because AI is dumb, and don't send tribute offer to GH instantly... otherwise, the one who would be trolling over HRE, would be poland, not bohemia. (if they would manage to not lose the union with lithuania).

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Ahh, I see it now. Of course it was the one just above mine, because that fact makes me, and my request, look the most stupid and moronic. Thanks!

On Probation

Quote Originally Posted by Iwanow View Post
    Well because AI is dumb, and don't send tribute offer to GH instantly... otherwise, the one who would be trolling over HRE, would be poland, not bohemia. (if they would manage to not lose the union with lithuania).
    I've never seen a threatening Eastern tech group country. Even the large snaking ones melt before a decent sized Bohemia/Austria/Burgundy.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Jesus guys, why is it Poland discussions must spread to every thread on this board? Don't you have anything better to do than to go prick-waving about your nation?

This thread is about forming Scandinavia.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRÆ - Shields / Map

Well certainly if we would speak about MING spamming in IN, you would be satisfied...

Anyway i will not comment you anymore - and continue the disscussion :

Imho, even denmark flag is better than scandinavian... only norway might want to change it's flag, as scandinavian color is less eye killing (norway got quite too blight colors...)

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

Iwanow : Is it possible for me to delete my thread again? Since you guys insist on talking about flags, of all things!

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzMartinDK View Post
    Iwanow : Is it possible for me to delete my thread again? Since you guys insist on talking about flags, of all things!
    Well you asked if anything about forming scandinavia is bad, and only flag is... and maybe pastele color on the map...

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ywhtptgtfo View Post
    It could've been possible if Sweden didn't lose the Great Northern War, which it actually could've won had it not been so greedy. After the Thirty Years War, Denmark is basically a non-entity so the main problem would've been fending off Russia.
    Denmark became a "non-entity" when it lost Skåne not at the thirty years war.
    Sweden would never have been allowed to form "scandinavia" nor would denmark as it conflicted with the major powers interests in keeping the baltic trade open. While it is fun to think "what if" the fact of the matter is that the economy of even both countries combined wasn't enough to come close to the real majors of the day.
    Paul Göransson

Conservative bleading heart liberal federalist royalist
    Who eat furry little animals
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum -"If you want peace prepare for war"

HoI AnthologyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIILost Empire - ImmortalsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2

...In real life, yes...well, maybe..

Actually we had a rather large navy until Nelson took it away. I think of that as the point where forming Scandinavia for Denmark became a rather more remote possibility...

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by rustic View Post
    An unified Italy probably didn't seem very plausible in the timeframe of the game.
    Gian Galeazzo Visconti thought at least a unified northern (i.e. Lombard) Italy perfectly plausible.
    Nothing scares infantry like tanks that can see them. Nothing scares tank crews like infantry they can't see.

If you think someone's trolling, PM a moderator.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Actually we had a rather large navy until Nelson took it away. I think of that as the point where forming Scandinavia for Denmark became a rather more remote possibility...
    This.

Denmark was a small player after the peace at Roskilde, but it didn't become a non-entity before it lost the fleet to England.

Also, a real Scandinavia was close twice, the Kalmar Union and leading up the the Second Schleswig War.

In newer times Nordek almost happened too, but Finland was not able to commit due to being in the shadow of the Soviet Union.
    - PATRVM - For Crusader Kings II
    SCVTA / TERRÆ - Shields / Map

On Probation

Quote Originally Posted by peo View Post
    Denmark became a "non-entity" when it lost Skåne not at the thirty years war.
    It's close enough. Those wars occurred just after the Thirty Years War.
    Sweden would never have been allowed to form "scandinavia" nor would denmark as it conflicted with the major powers interests in keeping the baltic trade open. While it is fun to think "what if" the fact of the matter is that the economy of even both countries combined wasn't enough to come close to the real majors of the day.
    The prime factor was mainly the fact that Sweden was occupied with Russia and other strong countries in the region. As long as it keeps the Sounds open, I don't think it'd be that much of an issue for countries like England, Spain, and France.

The flag is important... There is no way escaping from it in-game
    "I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than an army of 100 lions led by a sheep" ~Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
    "I never argued with anyone hoping to win the debate; rather I always wished that the truth would come from his side" ~Ibn Idrīs al-Shāfi‘ī

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by MartinSWE
    The biggest drawback with forming Scandinavia is that you won´t get to play as Sweden anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Thats a good argument
    Particularly considering you will not be able to get the Sweden achievement (if you started as Sweden) if you do, as your tag is no longer = SWE.

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzMartinDK

Quote Originally Posted by Keanon View Post
    This.

Denmark was a small player after the peace at Roskilde, but it didn't become a non-entity before it lost the fleet to England.

Also, a real Scandinavia was close twice, the Kalmar Union and leading up the the Second Schleswig War.

In newer times Nordek almost happened too, but Finland was not able to commit due to being in the shadow of the Soviet Union.
    We may still see a Scandinavia form in the future, if the EU continues its current trend of regionalization (Denmark Norway Sweden cooperating ever more closely to act as one voice).

I believe that the 'Nordic Group' is compromised of D&N&S, along with Finland, Iceland, and the U.K. for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanteax View Post
    We may still see a Scandinavia form in the future, if the EU continues its current trend of regionalization (Denmark Norway Sweden cooperating ever more closely to act as one voice).

I believe that the 'Nordic Group' is compromised of D&N&S, along with Finland, Iceland, and the U.K. for that matter.
    The Nordic Battlegroup (NBG) is one of eighteen European Union battlegroups. It consists of around 2,200 soldiers including officers, with manpower contributed from the five participating countries (Sweden, Finland, Norway, Ireland and Estonia)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast