• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(401487)

Recruit
3 Badges
Oct 28, 2011
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Pillars of Eternity
Hey guys,
I wanted to share my preview and interview for Warlock master of the arcane with all you guys here! Im really excited about this one seeing as how I was a big fan of Civilization 5 (My Video Review). I always though felt it missed something, and I think a Fantasy setting is really gonna pump some new life into the forumla, dragons,giant spiders, gods, spells and all that. Oh and for you CIV vets I made sure to mention combat animations in multiplayer ;)

Check it out, tell me what you think!
Angry Joe Preview - Warlock: Masters of the Arcane

Image Preview
Warlock_Interview_06_BT.jpg

-Angry Joe
AngryJoeShow.com

Last edited:
I love you Angry Joe <3

Do you plan a review of Crusader Kings 2? (Hopefully not an angry one ;))

Thats a HARDCORE grand historical strategy and out of my own expertise. I think its a really awesome concept for the fans of the genre, listen to the developers talk about it, its JUST like the good games that like have these dynamic stories that evolve as you play that you then share with your friends. I just dont think i'll have time to get to it.

I do want to find someone who could review that bad boy for Blistered Thumbs, I may visit the CKII forums for someone who is into Grand Strategy and more knowledgable.

3 races doesn't mean 3 enemies and CIV, for example, has a lot of "races" and still they are basicaly the same. I'd prefer less but really different races than a lot of the same thing. But having more races is cool anyway.

The game needs more than 3 races.Who plays Civ5 or any 4X games with only 3 races on a map.It lacks 4X epic.I would recommend the devs add much more for release if they want better sales.

In civ you just have one race on the map, they are all human. :)
There are more than three leaders for the three different factions in Warlock.

dparuk said:
Are different leaders in the same faction going to be differenciated?

Yes, I saw it on the videos - you can choose from a number of different leaders, or customize them - you have 10 points that you can spend on perks and starting spells.

But still I think more races would be nice, there are some good fantasy TBS games with more of them, for example Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic has 15 races. Also the Fall From Heaven mod for Civ4 has a large number of factions, which are significantly different from each other.

But still I think more races would be nice, there are some good fantasy TBS games with more of them, for example Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic has 15 races. Also the Fall From Heaven mod for Civ4 has a large number of factions, which are significantly different from each other.

It would be nice, but given that the current beta is only a month old, I suspect there won't be any in the final release. My guess: they'll be provided in a purchaseable add-on.