• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Decriser

Sergeant
25 Badges
Aug 22, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
I'm working on map enhancements and created a new water layer for the map. What do you think of it, any interest in using this?

preview1c.png preview2xw.png

Here is a first Test Version if u want to give it a try: https://rapidshare.com/files/3725391633/map.zip
Just replace your original Lighmap1 and Lighmap2 with the ones in the zip file (Backup your originals!)
The gamepath for the Lightmaps normally is: darkest hour a hoi game\map\Map_1

Last edited:
I think I may like it. How does it look more zoomed out?

I would use it, but i wonder what it looks like with the neat colorscales mod...

That's excellent, Decriser. I'd prefer it without the wave pattern, but in the magnification shown in your second pic that doesn't distract too much, and the colour blend is the best I've seen. I'd very much appreciate it if you'd continue.

Looks great! I'll use it.

Thanks for your feedback. I still have to test if the new water texture can be applied to the large ocean areas. So far I only did the Mediterranean Sea but I'm looking forward to get things done!

It looks great!

Not that I'd use it but such a noble notion cannot stay unnoticed and unthanked.
Great job!

I'm doing progress, I had to reduce the colour blending and waves a bit and tried to give more bas-relief. I think I could release a test version in a view days.
Here's a picture which compares OLD/NEW Water Layer. The second pic shows whole europa, the bas-relief effect at water/land borders should be clearly visible.

Preview3.png Preview4.png

Last edited:
Nice! Also, why is your England so light colored?

Looks very good. One question: Is the "topographical" view on a low zoom (camera far away) still existing? In Vanilla you then can see topographical features like ocean ridges, chasms and the like. I like your effect for the close zooms, but it'd be a shame if it'd overwrite that.

@general mosh: I like the light colored England better than the redish one. That's just a matter of taste and depends on your "colorscales.csv".

@tHY: Generally the topographical feature is overwritten, but in the game exist four lightmaps (for the different zoom levels). If you just replace "Lighmap1" and "Lightmap2" in the game with my files then you still have the topographical features on the far away zoom levels.