• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Leadfingers

Captain
11 Badges
Sep 13, 2006
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Im trying to create a supply route from one of my cores to a port in one of my puppets. There doesn't seem to be an option for that. Am I missing something?

Hmm, that mat be a really strong argument against creating Puppets. I'm having MASSIVE supply problems as Italy.

I have about 9 Corps of units attacking USSR from Turkey, and most of them are completely out of supply, and I can't seem to do anything to help them.

It makes creating Puppets for anyone but Germany and SU counter productive. Basically you can only create puppets where you have little intention to garrison and want to largely ignore and they dont have much IC or resources or manpower or anything of value.

Basically, dont create puppets. rofl

One of the things neither Victoria (I) nor any installations of HOI ever got anywhere near right was logistics. Which for a grand scale war strategy game means missing one of the core goals.
Regards,
Thorsten

Well.. I've always felt that when you Puppeted a country, you didn't lose much more in IC and Leadership if you Conquered it.

BUT...if you Conquered, you'd be dealing with never-ending problems with Partisans (a huge PITA to me). So I figured Puppets might work. Besides, I got to keep most of thier army so it seemed like sa good trade off.

Bleh.

air bridges could work perfectly for your scenario. Does turkey actually have a supply stockpile or is there a land route to roma? If there is a capital stockpile in turkey then start dumping supply into that stockpile and it'll be more efficient than a naval route. You'll still have the problem of throughput issues in russia eventually but since you've already invested in air bridging to turkey it shouldn't be too difficult to extend the strategy to assist with the russian invasion as well.

If you wanted to invade Russia through turkey, you should have conquered, puppeting is special occasions.

If you have a land connection to the puppet, set up a trade with the puppet to give them supplies. If they will not accept this then the AI needs to be changed to force puppets to accept and require them to ask to accumulate debt if they don't have the money. That seems complex, but the mechanics used for this are already in place.

Puppeting is only useful in my opinion as a buffer (like a feudal march) or for countries very far away with no possibility of a land connection. Otherwise the supply system does need to be addressed to make it easier to supply your puppets.

most puppets will relinquish their supply system to their master, Manchuria and most of the asian controlled Japanese mainland nations are good examples, its when a puppet assumes its own stockpile that it becomes a major issue, this can be fixed by saving the game before the conquer message...if the stockpile appears then reload and choose conquer instead. While the logistical anomaly is annoying, there are work arounds to fixing the issue if you are painted into a corner with it. In this particular scenario as I already posted, airbridge could probably be sufficient to counteract the supply anomaly. You could also simply edit your savegame and manually move all your capital stockpile supply to turkey's capital stockpile supply. If its a singleplayer game...and nobody is looking, are you really going to worry about the ethics of editing files to fix a bug? Its not like your gaining an unfair advantage over your opponent....the fact that you have a brain is already a huge unfair advantage over the Paradox AI.