+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Puppets and Supply

Puppets and Supply

Im trying to create a supply route from one of my cores to a port in one of my puppets. There doesn't seem to be an option for that. Am I missing something?
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. - Gen James Mattis

It's not possible.

Hmm, that mat be a really strong argument against creating Puppets. I'm having MASSIVE supply problems as Italy.

I have about 9 Corps of units attacking USSR from Turkey, and most of them are completely out of supply, and I can't seem to do anything to help them.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. - Gen James Mattis

War Plan Orange Member aphrochine's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It makes creating Puppets for anyone but Germany and SU counter productive. Basically you can only create puppets where you have little intention to garrison and want to largely ignore and they dont have much IC or resources or manpower or anything of value.

Basically, dont create puppets. rofl
    War Plan Orange [Multiplayer for AoD, HOI3, CKII, AGEOD, RoF & WitP:AE]

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron III CollectionKing Arthur IIMajesty 2
    Victoria 2

One of the things neither Victoria (I) nor any installations of HOI ever got anywhere near right was logistics. Which for a grand scale war strategy game means missing one of the core goals.
    Regards,
    Thorsten
    The politician that publicly pretends to improve happiness or just satisfaction of people should be executed. The only thing good policy can acheive is minimizing pain and prevent suffering as much as possible. Every other attempt produces hell more often than not.

Well.. I've always felt that when you Puppeted a country, you didn't lose much more in IC and Leadership if you Conquered it.

BUT...if you Conquered, you'd be dealing with never-ending problems with Partisans (a huge PITA to me). So I figured Puppets might work. Besides, I got to keep most of thier army so it seemed like sa good trade off.

Bleh.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

air bridges could work perfectly for your scenario. Does turkey actually have a supply stockpile or is there a land route to roma? If there is a capital stockpile in turkey then start dumping supply into that stockpile and it'll be more efficient than a naval route. You'll still have the problem of throughput issues in russia eventually but since you've already invested in air bridging to turkey it shouldn't be too difficult to extend the strategy to assist with the russian invasion as well.

If you wanted to invade Russia through turkey, you should have conquered, puppeting is special occasions.
    While Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Tokugawa were watching a cuckoo bird waiting for it to sing but the bird doesn't sing and Nobunaga says that "Little bird, if you don't sing I will kill you." And Hideyoshi says that "Little bird, if you don't sing, I'll make you sing." Then Tokugawa Ieyasu says that " Little bird, if you don't sing I will wait for you to sing."

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

If you have a land connection to the puppet, set up a trade with the puppet to give them supplies. If they will not accept this then the AI needs to be changed to force puppets to accept and require them to ask to accumulate debt if they don't have the money. That seems complex, but the mechanics used for this are already in place.

Puppeting is only useful in my opinion as a buffer (like a feudal march) or for countries very far away with no possibility of a land connection. Otherwise the supply system does need to be addressed to make it easier to supply your puppets.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club

most puppets will relinquish their supply system to their master, Manchuria and most of the asian controlled Japanese mainland nations are good examples, its when a puppet assumes its own stockpile that it becomes a major issue, this can be fixed by saving the game before the conquer message...if the stockpile appears then reload and choose conquer instead. While the logistical anomaly is annoying, there are work arounds to fixing the issue if you are painted into a corner with it. In this particular scenario as I already posted, airbridge could probably be sufficient to counteract the supply anomaly. You could also simply edit your savegame and manually move all your capital stockpile supply to turkey's capital stockpile supply. If its a singleplayer game...and nobody is looking, are you really going to worry about the ethics of editing files to fix a bug? Its not like your gaining an unfair advantage over your opponent....the fact that you have a brain is already a huge unfair advantage over the Paradox AI.

+ Reply to Thread