Come in Come in. Well thanks for checking out my thread. So you must be here to tell us something great right?
Ok I'll get to the point at hand I am have been playing a DW game as Austria and well I remember that I played them once or twice in past EU 3 games and remember several strategies that people talked about. Well that’s what I am really looking for now you see I mostly check out the EU 3 wiki page before or after awhile of playing a game to see some hints, goals, strategies to use and well the Austria one is not up to date and is not really fully writing. So I guess I break this down into several questions and everyone could give me their strategies and what they do when they play Austria. Also I am asking and doing this also as I plan to eventually do an ARR after I complete a game. This will allow me to also help write out some future strategies and guides.
Two things though I am not going for a united HRE, and I did want a German Austria but I know to do it you must change cultures which I don't want to do. (Rp value I guess)
So Questions. Well really if you have anything to give me just post it I will take all the help...
But here are some of the things I need help with.
1. Trade? Yea I know Austria is not a Trade Nation but what to do with the slider. Should I stay Mech or go for Free Trade? With that what should be my opening slider moves? What should be the game plan of moving which direction when ECT? About Merchants should I just not send any at all or should I try to send some?
2. Next what should my Relations, RM's alliance’s ECT be? I know there are some PU/RM strategies here so please enlighten me about them. Seems I can’t find them but I have read about them. Example I had an easy mission of getting a RM with burgundy and relations over 100. Going good until another mission gave me a CB and Cores (need to get all provinces in one go to get these) on Milan the problem was Burgundy was allied to them. Also he was the Emperor of the HRE. I did manage to get these but it took two wars which was a bad idea as I didn’t have core on imperial land and made my relations with burgundy really bad.
3. Really Economical help. Like above about Trade. I am not sure how I should handle my economy. I understand to use the yearly cense tax to pay for things and have a negative monthly but it sometimes isn’t enough and you need up getting inflation the question Is should I worry about inflation or should I just maintain a bit of inflation until I can really lower it. Also anything else you could give me here would help.
4. Army management, how should I organize my army? Really so I can get the best benefit out of fights and so I can at lease stand a chance to France and the Ottomans we it comes time. Also any other strategies that help me here.
5. Other things, NI’s what should pick, is Bureaucracy a good one? I do want to colonize eventually and somehow, I know I need a coastal province which is why I want to inherit or at least get Burgundy’s Northern provinces in which I need to keep France at bay.
So really that’s all I can think of to ask right now but remember I am taking all the help I can get even if it’s not a question I asked so go ahead and spill your darkest secrets about Österreich.