• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battles will unfold by the hour !!

Fantastic! I eagerly await all the things that can happen during battles then. My mouth is watering!

Yes, although battles will not be fought at night

Interesting, a morale, organizational rebuilding time or does the battle 'pause'?

PhilThib will the OOB be a drag and drop? Can I add a brigade to a corps' left flank by just dragging it to there or is it mandatory for it to be assigned once built?

Yes, this is the goal....try to come back to a realistic vs scale combat duration....needs tons of fine tuning though, so lots of work awaits us :p

I'm not completely clear on the European timeline of warfare, but if I am not mistaken, it wasn't until Grant's Campaigns in Northern Virginia when opposing armies would belly-up side by side and skirmish thru the night (Cold Harbor/Petersburg). Early 1800's Command and Control sorta ended with the sunlight.

(Still with the ACW) Vicksburg and other such sieges did place armies in close proximity day and night, but battles like Gettysburg and such, even if the went multiple days, the armies would pull back toward camps as darkness came and pickets would guard/shoot at any scouts prowling for information.

Will the Imperial Guard by a new type of unit or a regular unit with modifiers?

The Duke of Wellington - or Colonel Wellesley as he was at the time - led a night attack at the battle of Seringapatam in 1799. It was a failure, and he remained very wary of them afterwards - but there were at least two more night attacks made by British forces under his command in the Peninsular War, at Oporto in 1809 and Badajoz in 1812. So it wasn't wholly unheard of, but it was rare and extremely risky.

The Duke of Wellington - or Colonel Wellesley as he was at the time - led a night attack at the battle of Seringapatam in 1799. It was a failure, and he remained very wary of them afterwards - but there were at least two more night attacks made by British forces under his command in the Peninsular War, at Oporto in 1809 and Badajoz in 1812. So it wasn't wholly unheard of, but it was rare and extremely risky.

What size element was it? A single regiment/brigade/division/corps?

please please, include the sweet square french imperial battle flags as an avatar when we buy the game.

It has always felt very awkward to me when the battles of the Clausewitz engine games take days and weeks to complete. I know the whole thing about it really being a campaign and skirmishing as well as the big battle but that always seemed like a weak explanation since it is not depicted like that. The fact that NCII will have hourly ticks and battles will therefore only last a single day sounds really nice. This does raise a question though. While almost every Napoleonic battle lasted only a single day there were of course a few exceptions. So assume we are re-fighting the battle of Leipzig and no result is reached on the first day. Would we then have the option to start fighting again the next day as soon as the sun was up or will every battle have a definite winner on the first day and end in one army retreating? I am really getting excited about this title and that is a really bad thing. The fourth quarter seems so far away!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.