• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will require more testing, to see how battles can unfold. In theory we should be able to have battles on two following days, more or less..

Not a huge deal but would be nice is the engine is flexible enough to have the possibility for multi-day battles; so long as it doesn't end up as most or even many battles extending into multiple days. The very rare multi-day battle would be great; especially as time advances and the battles become much bigger.

New to the whole PI world, played Rome gold, HOI3, Vic2, and now CKII. My question is what game will this NCPII most be like. After a couple years with HOI3 i'm still very new at it, vs Rome/Vic2/CKII which I picked up much quicker.

I suggest you go play some AGEOD games (Personally I would advise Birth of America 2). You do control 'nations' like PI games, and you do lead armies... it's just the focus is more on the tactics/military campaigns, aiming to make them realistic and historical. If you had to compare the majority of their games, I would suggest HoI3. But they're very different, though they will still appeal to the PI fan's taste!

Note that I never played the original NCP, and am aware that the latest 'Pride of Nations' has less focus on the military campaigns and adds more depth to economy and diplomacy.

Will this game be focuses on specific historical scenarios, like the invasion of Russia or the Peninsula war? Or are you aiming for a grand "sandboxy" campaign?

At the moment we only have the 1805 GC planned...but if the success is there, we can easily make shorter / focused scenarios later, as we already have the base

At the moment we only have the 1805 GC planned...but if the success is there, we can easily make shorter / focused scenarios later, as we already have the base

That's good for me. The more focused the game, the more balanced and 'eventful' it would be.

Two little questions, maybe already answered, how many countries will be playable? And, when will you start releasing Developer Diaries? (assuming there will be DDs indeed).

The game will be most interesting on the 7 major powers, but we plan to have more playable countries... The DD won't start before the Beta

Well, a 1792 extension is planned for later if the game is succesful ;)

Great news! A good reason for preordering the game asap ;)

Any chance of there being a inconspicuous clock in one of the corners of the interface showing real time, a la Pride of Nations? I like it when it's been used in other AGEOD games, but maybe it's a dumb idea for this one.

Can I see a screenshot the very south east corner of the map?

MapNCP2_SE_Alpha0212.jpeg

Done;)

Weather is one of the most important issues to take into account in wargames (in special Russian winter). How will you handle it? A weather simulator à la HoI3 or weather effects triggering in every province more or less randomly?

All those provinces in Mesopotamia! I take it you're expecting some combat over there, or is that normal density?

And is that an itty bitty Georgia in those Caucasus?

EDIT: I have a pic of Persian vassal Khanates in the Caucasus you probably already have, but here goes:
Transcaucasia_XIX_01.png

I have no idea how well this goes into the Napoleonic age as it is from the 18th century, but thought I'd put it here.

Last edited:
Yay, good to see some colonies too :) *subscribes to NC2 forum* I don't manage to identify the piece of land at the bottom right, next to India :eek:o it looks a bit like a part of Haiti or maybe New Caledonia but I guess this one is too early for the time frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.