Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions, Simple Answers.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III

This will require more testing, to see how battles can unfold. In theory we should be able to have battles on two following days, more or less..
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Rise of Prussia

Not a huge deal but would be nice is the engine is flexible enough to have the possibility for multi-day battles; so long as it doesn't end up as most or even many battles extending into multiple days. The very rare multi-day battle would be great; especially as time advances and the battles become much bigger.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

"To know nothing of the time before you were born is to remain forever a child", Cicero

New to the whole PI world, played Rome gold, HOI3, Vic2, and now CKII. My question is what game will this NCPII most be like. After a couple years with HOI3 i'm still very new at it, vs Rome/Vic2/CKII which I picked up much quicker.

Waging War with Words Warluster's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLead and Gold
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2

I suggest you go play some AGEOD games (Personally I would advise Birth of America 2). You do control 'nations' like PI games, and you do lead armies... it's just the focus is more on the tactics/military campaigns, aiming to make them realistic and historical. If you had to compare the majority of their games, I would suggest HoI3. But they're very different, though they will still appeal to the PI fan's taste!

Note that I never played the original NCP, and am aware that the latest 'Pride of Nations' has less focus on the military campaigns and adds more depth to economy and diplomacy.

Following three war reporters as they experience every angle of the First World War.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Will this game be focuses on specific historical scenarios, like the invasion of Russia or the Peninsula war? Or are you aiming for a grand "sandboxy" campaign?
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

At the moment we only have the 1805 GC planned...but if the success is there, we can easily make shorter / focused scenarios later, as we already have the base
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by PhilThib View Post
    At the moment we only have the 1805 GC planned...but if the success is there, we can easily make shorter / focused scenarios later, as we already have the base
    That's good for me. The more focused the game, the more balanced and 'eventful' it would be.

Two little questions, maybe already answered, how many countries will be playable? And, when will you start releasing Developer Diaries? (assuming there will be DDs indeed).
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

The game will be most interesting on the 7 major powers, but we plan to have more playable countries... The DD won't start before the Beta
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

Oooh, a Custom User Title? Gwyn ap Nud's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

1805? Ah, shame, I was hoping for a 1792 game, the pre-Napoleonic wars are my favourite, when it was still a true republic fighting for it's life, not one spreading it's ideology across Europe...
    I know I believe in nothing, but it is my nothing
    Cogito Ergo Sum

Well, a 1792 extension is planned for later if the game is succesful
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by philthib View Post
    well, a 1792 extension is planned for later if the game is succesful
    epic!!!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Great news! A good reason for preordering the game asap
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Rise of Prussia

Best start coding for it because this game will be very popular. This is great news.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

"To know nothing of the time before you were born is to remain forever a child", Cicero

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can I see a screenshot the very south east corner of the map?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Any chance of there being a inconspicuous clock in one of the corners of the interface showing real time, a la Pride of Nations? I like it when it's been used in other AGEOD games, but maybe it's a dumb idea for this one.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    Can I see a screenshot the very south east corner of the map?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	MapNCP2_SE_Alpha0212.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	49715

Done
    Philippe Thibaut
    Paradox France
    Producer

Weather is one of the most important issues to take into account in wargames (in special Russian winter). How will you handle it? A weather simulator la HoI3 or weather effects triggering in every province more or less randomly?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

All those provinces in Mesopotamia! I take it you're expecting some combat over there, or is that normal density?

And is that an itty bitty Georgia in those Caucasus?

EDIT: I have a pic of Persian vassal Khanates in the Caucasus you probably already have, but here goes:

I have no idea how well this goes into the Napoleonic age as it is from the 18th century, but thought I'd put it here.
    Last edited by Comrade Chaos; 09-03-2012 at 21:50.

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Yay, good to see some colonies too *subscribes to NC2 forum* I don't manage to identify the piece of land at the bottom right, next to India it looks a bit like a part of Haiti or maybe New Caledonia but I guess this one is too early for the time frame.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    I wonder how the developers will pull this up, as Napoleonic campaigns where still a maneuver warfare, not a frontal warfare that was depicted in HoI series.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast