+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Singleplayer / Multiplayer

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Singleplayer / Multiplayer

Hi,

I like the look and idea of this game, with one great caveat: It seems that the game is designed primarily as multiplayer, with the singleplayer aspect there merely to 'prepare the player for MP'.

Please, please, ensure that the SP game is at least as immersive, deep and detailed as any MP game is.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

I can't speak for this game, but I think the singleplayer will be kind of like Red Orchestra 2's. With RO2 you are taken through the different aspects of the game and you get a chance to play on each of the maps while following a simple storyline.

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I really hope they DON'T shift too far towards the SP. I love SP games, but if they're going to focus on MP, then bloody well focus on MP or you'll just draw resources away from the core aspect of the game.
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    I can't speak for this game, but I think the singleplayer will be kind of like Red Orchestra 2's. With RO2 you are taken through the different aspects of the game and you get a chance to play on each of the maps while following a simple storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    I really hope they DON'T shift too far towards the SP. I love SP games, but if they're going to focus on MP, then bloody well focus on MP or you'll just draw resources away from the core aspect of the game.
    If true, I guess this won't be a game for me. That's fine and dandy, there are others - but in theory this one could be so good as a singleplayer experience.
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Singleplayer games are so depressing in my opinion. You do something awesome, (like me headshotting a cavalry dude as he fell from his horse in M&B the other day... oh yeh... ) or unlock a new weapon etc and have nobody to share your moment of joy with.

We are just speculating here, but I don't think you should get your hopes up for an in depth replayable singleplayer experience.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Indeed, there seems to be a huge design focus on multiplayer.
    However, there also seems to be plans for long term support of the game, which could mean a single player campaign is not entirely out of the picture if they decide to build one once the game's mechanics and balance are sufficiently ironed out through multiplayer. If there's sufficient demand for a fleshed out single player experience, well, who knows... (I would vouch for that)

Don't expect too much at the game's initial release, though (then again... who knows )

In the meantime, you could try out Mount & Blade : Warband (if you haven't already).
    The game offers a free trial up until level 6 (your character's level), so it's a good way to get a feel for the game.

Singleplayer, they said that it will be the historical events with a fictional character.. What do you like for kinda singleplayers by the way ? As Angel said dont get ur hopes up to much. But if they provide with the singeplayer, with historical events and the mechanics and gameplay from multiplayer.. If the manage to blend it well, it might be a good singeplayer

Hope im writing understandable

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireIron CrossKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Supreme Ruler 2020The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderMagicka: Wizard Wars IMPressive FounderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Hope it becomes a bit like CRPG from M&B Warband just love that mod level 32 3rd Gen 2H sword
    Need Teamspeak ? join 173.199.64.243:9323

Quote Originally Posted by Roardk View Post
    Hope it becomes a bit like CRPG from M&B Warband just love that mod level 32 3rd Gen 2H sword
    Not played that in a long while but it wasn't too great last time I did play. Just a horde of people trying to farm gold and xp.

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    Not played that in a long while but it wasn't too great last time I did play. Just a horde of people trying to farm gold and xp.
    Ah yes the days of the Great XP Barns. At the moment cRPG is quite a lot more skillbased than it used to me, your build doesn't matter that much as it used to which is a good thing if you ask me. Only problem is is that practically everyone still playing has a ton of heirloomed equipment, I don't even understand how that could have happened.

Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Henk. View Post
    Ah yes the days of the Great XP Barns. At the moment cRPG is quite a lot more skillbased than it used to me, your build doesn't matter that much as it used to which is a good thing if you ask me. Only problem is is that practically everyone still playing has a ton of heirloomed equipment, I don't even understand how that could have happened.
    What made me stop playing it was the vast amount of archers. I just got riddled with arrows every other match.
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

Im more worried for agility 2handers or maulers...

+ Reply to Thread