+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Full Africa for PDM (User Tweak)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Full Africa for PDM (User Tweak)

This is the updated "full Africa" from the New Nations Mod-- including Hibernian's latest changes to Ethiopia (plus a few other regions). No guarantee what this will do to your game or your economy, but if you want all the nations active from the beginning of the game here they are. Note that most of this will never be implemented into PDM proper (though I do like the new Ethiopian formation), so asking won't get you very far.

For APD 2.0.6 (uses mod folder)
    Date uploaded: Mar 04/12
    Download (from Mediafire)
    Alternate Download (from Filesmelt)

For PDM 4.5.2
    Date uploaded: Jan 29/12

Download (from Mediafire)
    Alternate Download (from Filesmelt)
    Last edited by Rylock; 04-03-2012 at 20:32.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looks fun. Will try it out.

EDIT: The country files for at least the three Ethiopian minors I tried out, and perhaps all the new countries, lack the PDM-exclusive reforms in the history files. Therefore, when I loaded up as them, I just got REFORM_NAME making up half my reform list.

And on another note, shouldn't Tigray be Tigray culture, not Amhara?
    Last edited by birdboy2000; 26-01-2012 at 22:54.

Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight

Umm. Is Kisangani supposed to start out with 24 million people? And a lot of the other African provinces left empty are nearly as bad in terms of starting pop size, with millions or tens of millions of people per province.

Quote Originally Posted by birdboy2000 View Post
    Umm. Is Kisangani supposed to start out with 24 million people? And a lot of the other African provinces left empty are nearly as bad in terms of starting pop size, with millions or tens of millions of people per province.
    I doubt that's in the pop file. You need to be careful about retiring-and-reloading, though... there's a vanilla bug that multiplies the pop size of empty provinces when you do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    I doubt that's in the pop file. You need to be careful about retiring-and-reloading, though... there's a vanilla bug that multiplies the pop size of empty provinces when you do that.
    Ah, that would explain it.

First Lieutenant
    Victoria 2

Krakau, die Hauptstadt West-Galiziens, Vereinigte Staaten von Groß-Österreich
    Does this tweak associate every African province with at least one core?
    "Beati in regno coelesti", sagt er sanft wie ein Lamm, "videbunt poenas damnatorum, ut beatitudo illis magis complaceat."

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

First of all, thanks Rylock for putting this up.

EDIT: The country files for at least the three Ethiopian minors I tried out, and perhaps all the new countries, lack the PDM-exclusive reforms in the history files. Therefore, when I loaded up as them, I just got REFORM_NAME making up half my reform list.
    Yes I can see what you mean, I think that occurred because the files I gave Rylock were originally intended for NNM and I hastily converted them over to PDM without being very careful. Though upon looking through the main game files there’s all sorts of odd things concerning these lines in the country files, some of them are clearly errors (like Calabar not having slavery, when they were a centre of the slave trade), others just seem like strange decisions to me (like every country in the world except four allowing public meetings). I'll go through and post up a list of all the oddities, probably in the suggestions thread.

And on another note, shouldn't Tigray be Tigray culture, not Amhara?
    Well, we had a discussion about this, basically Tigray at the start of the game represents Tigray Province (see here for map) which was one of the factions fighting in the civil war which Ethiopia was then in. It was ruled by an Amhara royal family (as was most of Christian Ethiopia), even if the state was called after the Tigray ethnic group. I believe Rylock put in an event which makes Tigray become Tigray primary culture again once Ethiopia is formed (so it acts as a possible revolter state for the Tigray people).

Quote Originally Posted by Carles li Reis View Post
    Does this tweak associate every African province with at least one core?
    No, not yet anyway. We had plans to do that, but never got round to it for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    Yes I can see what you mean, I think that occurred because the files I gave Rylock were originally intended for NNM and I hastily converted them over to PDM without being very careful.
    Well, I'm the one who converted your NNM files for those Ethiopian minors to PDM-- and I missed that part.

I'll have to do an update when 4.5.2 is released, so I'll fix those at the same time.

Original post updated with fixes and 4.5.2 compatibility.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Could we get a screenshot of the new countries?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I think these might cover it.

[edit]
    nevermind--I must have installed the mod incorrectly, and posted inaccurate screenshots. See the next post for better info!
    [/edit

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8473/pdmwestafrica.jpg
    http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9...eastafrica.jpg
    Last edited by minispace; 01-02-2012 at 04:34.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

No it's quite a lot different to that (notice the broken up Ethiopia, etc).

Here's screen-shots of the current version of Full Africa for PDM...

And a full map of the continent...

BTW there's quite of lot of changes in this then in "my version" of the mod. Rylock, why did you change Segu's name to Bamana? I mean I know that's what it's often called, but I thought we established that Segu would be a more familiar name for players (since the country is in EU3). You also gave them and Gabu an extra province each, I guess that's fine though not totally accurate, but it does have the effect of putting Segu/Bamana in contact with the British from the start.

Also, why'd you take that eastern province away from Sokoto, remember I showed that it was a vassal state of them? Also, I'm fairly sure I gave that province in Botswana to Matabele for a good reason, why'd you remove it? The other changes seem fine, but I think you should take Sokoto's extra cores away from DAM and KBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    BTW there's quite of lot of changes in this then in "my version" of the mod. Rylock, why did you change Segu's name to Bamana?
    Because it's called Segu based on its capital-- which it can lose, because other countries have cores there. Thus you can (and I did, in one test I played) have a Segu which doesn't even include Segu. I thought that was weird, but I'm not that attached to the change.

You also gave them and Gabu an extra province each, I guess that's fine though not totally accurate, but it does have the effect of putting Segu/Bamana in contact with the British from the start.
    British contact doesn't really matter, since they'll have good relations with all civs until the Scramble anyhow. The main reason I did that was because of the Sahel Jihad. It's based on neighboring countries, and thus it's impossible for those countries to ever be neighbours to Wolof and Fouta Tooro. Small point, I know, but I just thought those two little provinces weren't really worth keeping separate.

Also, why'd you take that eastern province away from Sokoto, remember I showed that it was a vassal state of them?
    Because without Kanem-Bornu to take up Maroua, Sokoto either needs to possess Maroua or not have Nagoundere... or you get the weird result of countries colonizing North Cameroon and "jumping" over Sokoto to colonize north of it. Plus, just because Adamawa was supposedly a vassal of Sokoto does not necessarily mean they need to have a province as part of Sokoto. One assumes all the uncolonized African provinces have some level of civilization, as well as relations of some kind with existing neighbours, so just because you found a reference to it doesn't automatically equate to it needing to be part of Sokoto.

Regardless, Nagoundere should be part of Sokoto in this mod (since Kanem-Bornu exists, anyhow). I just didn't realize that province file wasn't in the original pile.

Also, I'm fairly sure I gave that province in Botswana to Matabele for a good reason, why'd you remove it?
    A) It looked weird.
    B) It was in another state, and would block colonization.
    C) It has, like, 4K pops and thus is hardly required-- and I gave it another province to compensate.

I also played a bit with Kazembe and the additional provinces you gave Portugal to keep them separated and not too hideous.

The other changes seem fine, but I think you should take Sokoto's extra cores away from DAM and KBO.
    It's a moot point in PDM, as both those countries are gone. I can do that here, though, if I do up another version of the Full Africa pack.

More nations for me to tag and name?

Girlish squeal!
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    More nations for me to tag and name?

Girlish squeal!
    oh you :3

love your mod by the way. I think I should bump the thread, hmhf

The Full Africa mod-mod has been updated for use with APD (and uses the mod folder). It's based on the new version of NNM.

+ Reply to Thread