• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd like to see nation unique sprites, like the DLCs for EUIII (and what they've already done with the Mongols). Those sprites made the game so much better for me, as I'm a sucker for special snowflake graphics stuff.

Muslims, of course. With access to the Ḥashshāshīn, of course.

If it's not in the game already: A real game mechanic around the orthodox pope in Constantinople, and how he influences the orthodox world and its inhabitants.

I'd like to see nation unique sprites, like the DLCs for EUIII (and what they've already done with the Mongols). Those sprites made the game so much better for me, as I'm a sucker for special snowflake graphics stuff.

Now this is a cool idea. Having separate sprites for every tag of course would be silly and over the top, but how about having unique sprites for each de jure kingdom? All of the Dukes in France would have French sprites, the Byzantine lords would have Byzantine sprites, etc. You probably don't need separate sprites for all of the kingdoms in Iberia, so maybe limit that region to just sprites for the Christian Iberians as a whole and sprites for the Andalusions. That could be practical, I think.

If it's not in the game already: A real game mechanic around the orthodox pope in Constantinople, and how he influences the orthodox world and its inhabitants.

Oh man, you've really done it this time. Orthodox Pope in Constantinople? Giving him even more supremacy over other Orthodox Bishops? Listen, now I don't have a particularly good track record of defending people in witch trials (all of my clients who were charged for angering the rabid Byzantine mob on this board have been found guilty and burned, tbqh) but I will do my best to convince the jury that you are not a witch. I honestly think we should just try to get them down to a simple hanging in a plea deal. :p

Last edited:

You must be mistaken, the Orthodox Pope is in Alexandria. At the start that would be Pope John VI, 44th successor to St. Mark the Apostle. Or Pope Christodolos of Alexandria, the Oriental Orthodox one.

You must be mistaken, the Orthodox Pope is in Alexandria. At the start that would be Pope John VI, 44th successor to St. Mark the Apostle. Or Pope Christodolos of Alexandria, the Oriental Orthodox one.

He is talking about Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople as he was the head of Orthodox religion in europe not the coptic pope in Alexandria who didn't have any power in europe and not much in africa either.

What should be in DLC? I think something about knighthood. "Accolade" was a basic relation between liege and his vassals. It was very expensive but it added a lot of prestige to newly accoladed. And of course knights were the higest class of warriors, so events about their bravery during the fight it's a must in my proposition for a DLC.

What should be in DLC? I think something about knighthood. "Accolade" was a basic relation between liege and his vassals. It was very expensive but it added a lot of prestige to newly accoladed. And of course knights were the higest class of warriors, so events about their bravery during the fight it's a must in my proposition for a DLC.
The problem with this particular idea is that it's already in the game. Any military-educated character must be a Knight. Why do I say this? Because it's inconceivable that Medieval Count-tier character would send his kid off to archery school. It's equally inconceivable that the Count's son would be considered a graduate of military school if he was still technically a squire.

So this DLC would boil down to changing the text on the event when your kid graduates military school.

Nick

The problem with this particular idea is that it's already in the game. Any military-educated character must be a Knight. Why do I say this? Because it's inconceivable that Medieval Count-tier character would send his kid off to archery school. It's equally inconceivable that the Count's son would be considered a graduate of military school if he was still technically a squire.

So this DLC would boil down to changing the text on the event when your kid graduates military school.

Nick

Not to throw kerosene on the fire, but knights are below the game's level of abstraction, anyway. Sir John of Packwood is several steps lower on the social ladder than Count My Little of Pony. This is before we even get into dukes, kings, and emperors.

There are also already battle events, anyway. Sometimes you get a free courtier because of the "knight distinguishes himself in battle" event. Sometimes existing characters prove themselves brave or cowardly on the field of battle. So, it's all covered anyway.

What DLC do I want? A mercenary pack, complete with 20x more mercenaries (and mercenary heraldry) and special events for your interaction with the mercenary leaders. I want the events written using the "story" scripting architecture, and I want them ghost written by the original members who participated in Free Company AARs. I want mercenaries to have feuds with themselves and feudal rulers.

Make Paynim and Muslims playable.

If I added that I'd like to see Magyar shamans predict the winners of sports events in reallife you probably wouldn't take me seriously, so I won't write that.

;)

What DLC do I want? A mercenary pack, complete with 20x more mercenaries (and mercenary heraldry) and special events for your interaction with the mercenary leaders. I want the events written using the "story" scripting architecture, and I want them ghost written by the original members who participated in Free Company AARs. I want mercenaries to have feuds with themselves and feudal rulers.

+1

We could also extend that idea to Holy orders making them more 'problematic' as their power increases.

I'd like to see the history of the characters, like a list of main events in their lifes, the battles they fought, the family born and died, and so on... So you could peek at some character's life to see how was his childhood before he became a king.

He is talking about Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople as he was the head of Orthodox religion in europe not the coptic pope in Alexandria who didn't have any power in europe and not much in africa either.

There always was a "Byzantine" Pope of Alexandria as well. In fact, even today there are two popes of Alexandria. Sometimes a Patriarch of Alexandria/Jerusalem/Antioch had more influence than the EP. Somewhat out of our timeframe perhaps but Patriarch Dositheos II of Jerusalem is a good example. Before the timeframe one only needs to look to Sts. Athanasius and Cyril of Alexandria

What do you mean with that? I believe each barony has its own sprite.

Last edited:
There are different sprites based on troop types. There is a pikeman sprite, a knight on horseback sprite, a light infantry sprite (dude with axe and round shield) a heavy infantry sprite (dude in heavy armor, shield, and sword), and some others. There are also cultural variants.

You usually don't see them because I think the game picks the sprite of an army based on the most numerous troop type. Once you merge a stack of troops together, you usually end up with heavy infantry being the biggest. The Holy Orders usually end up with heavy cavalry sprite because of their composition.

All sprites also have heraldry on them, but again, when you merge a big stack, it's kind of uncertain whose heraldry gets to be displayed.

I wouldn't be surprised if they added more later, but I wanted to dispel the myth that there aren't a bunch of sprites already.

I think he means different sprites for each culture group or something similiar. Like EU3 now has unique sprites for France, England, TO, ect, yet still has the generic ones. That would be a coold dlc but not a must in my opinion. I would like pagan/muslims before that. I want to spread Norse everywhere!

Muslims and Pagans
Renaissance
Papacy
I would love these.

Maybe an Alt-History Renaissance, What-IF it had not been derailed and lived up to its name and was truely a rebirth and the start of a new middle ages. So the game could go on with new technologies being introduced, knights with guns etc, in ways which compliment the style and system of the High Middle Ages, and eventually ending with a steam-punky middle ages.
So that the game could continue forever! or atleast for three or four times longer, but never with the mechanics becoming illsuited to what its trying to represent, and and without it setting into statism with nothing everything changing or progressing.
Thats be cool.

As DLCs unlike expansions are now option and toggleable, then theres opportunity for them to be unlimited too. They dont have to be historical, as you can turn them on and off at will, they can be just fun.