+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charlemagne D'Ayiti - A Haiti AAR

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Charlemagne D'Ayiti - A Haiti AAR

Charlemange D'Ayiti

Intro

As the sun set on December 31, 1835 the sun set on the old Haiti. The liberal revolution lead by Charles Cadet had overthrown the old government in replace of a new, more American government, a true republic. The so called "debt" to France was cancelled in a decree by Cadet in which he declared, outright that "Haiti would no long suffer the bondage of "fiscal indemnity" and only the end of the indemnity would truly be the final step towards abolition.

Charles Cadet, refereed to as Charlemagne D'Ayiti

The idealistic dreams Charles Cadet had for Haiti won the hearts of people all across the island, he had already revolutionized the government, was in the middle of reforming Haitian society, planned to make Haiti an industrial power and bolster Haiti so that she may take her rightful place as a new world power.

Table of Contents

1. Early Isolationism

Note: I am using the map and colors from PDM because I much prefer it to the original, aside from this I am using Vanilla 1.4

Mod Project:
    Napoleon, without him how would the world have looked in 1836? Your contribution could help determine it. Join the conversation/crew of the NOpoleon Alternate History Mod for Vicky 2.

Very interesting, I tried a Haiti playthrough once.....it didn't end well.
    But i hope yours does.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
    Very interesting, I tried a Haiti playthrough once.....it didn't end well.
    But i hope yours does.
    Haiti is probobly my favorite nation to play as, I just hope that I live up to some of my legacies as Haiti and meet all my goals.

Mod Project:
    Napoleon, without him how would the world have looked in 1836? Your contribution could help determine it. Join the conversation/crew of the NOpoleon Alternate History Mod for Vicky 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroicnoodles View Post
    Haiti is probobly my favorite nation to play as, I just hope that I live up to some of my legacies as Haiti and meet all my goals.
    Mind sharing why?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
    Mind sharing why?
    I like spending the first years of the game industrializing and building up my tech and then build an empire of colonies around the world. So I guess for the challenge?

Although i'll probably shake it up for this game.

Mod Project:

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold

Allez Les Haïtiens! À la victoire!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

seems interesting, never seen a Haiti AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Serek000 View Post
    Allez Les Haïtiens! À la victoire!
    Ma vie pour Charlemagne et Ayiti!

Tu parle Francais fluent?

Mod Project:

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Rome Gold

Eh, je ne le parle pas couramment, mais j'étudiais le français en l'école et lycée et maintenant à l'université. Mais fluent? Eh, non, probablement non.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsRome GoldVictoria 2

So, uh, is he only white in that picture because of overseas propaganda? Because if I remember correctly, the Haitians were rather hostile towards their white population.

Quote Originally Posted by Serek000 View Post
    Eh, je ne le parle pas couramment, mais j'étudiais le français en l'école et lycée et maintenant à l'université. Mais fluent? Eh, non, probablement non.
    Ah moi aussi, mais je n'attends pas l'université, je n'ai pas fini l'école secondaire, mais j'étudiais Francais du IB et je parle le plus bein dans ma classe.

Quote Originally Posted by anomanderus View Post
    So, uh, is he only white in that picture because of overseas propaganda? Because if I remember correctly, the Haitians were rather hostile towards their white population.
    Oh damn, how could I have forgotten to get a picture of an Afro-Antillian DX

Mod Project:

I've got about 50-60 years of gameplay In and then I realized how soon it will be before AHD is released. So I'm wandering should I convert this over to an AHD game as a first looks sort of thing? Or just scrap it?

Mod Project:

+ Reply to Thread